What would be the best way to handle a fight?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by killswitch1698, Oct 21, 2009.

1. killswitch1698 macrumors regular

Hey all.

Theres this one kid at my school and he is annoying the hell out of me.

From the look of it, hes a couple inches shorter than me, and really skinny.
    But apparently hes a "black belt" in karate, so im just wondering what counter-attack should i use if I make an attempt to bunch him in the eye.

Thanks in advance.

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ummm, don't punch him in the eye. Kids are annoying. I bet you annoy people just as much as this kid annoys you. Take the high road and don't punch people in the eye.

On and eat your veggies.

4. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Kick him in the nutsack, and eat his veggies. And don't fight.

5. killswitch1698 thread starter macrumors regular

"Eat his veggies"? lolwut?

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Indeed. It seems like it…

To the OP:
    Do kids actually still fight physically these days? I thought everything was done via Facebook?
    So you delete him as a friend and he takes offence and you two start defaming each other on Facebook…

Perhaps I have a skewed idea how children act these days.
    :confused:

8. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

9. bartelby macrumors Core

Yes, you have. I think kids still use MySpace.

10. killswitch1698 thread starter macrumors regular

no its not as if hes bullying me or anything...it's like he tries extremely hard to bully me, but all it's doing is pissing me off. I have no idea why, but this one kid seems to hate me, and im just sick and tired of being walked all over by people.

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

:D
    I am so behind the times.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The best way to handle a fight is not to get into one in the first place.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I love you. :)

OP- don't fight. It's a bad idea all around. You or the other guy could end up really doing permanent damage to each other that you would regret the rest of your life.

14. killswitch1698 thread starter macrumors regular

I know where you all are coming from- i usually hate fighting with a passion. but iv'e tried every way of getting him to stop. even asking nicely to stop.

15. Queso macrumors G4

16. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

How do you bunch someone in the eye?

[​IMG]

BAM! Right in the eye!

17. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I think it involves grapes, in a slapping motion.

18. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Get a big garbage can, flip it over and put it on top of him, push him down and start kicking. :p

oh and don't fight. :)

19. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

kick ass. That's how you should handle a fight. Just make sure you're bigger than he is. Start eating healthy, working out and running a lot every day. Lots of protein and fiber, and if you're average weight now (e.g. Not obese) you should be in fighting trim in about 2-3 months. Then when 2-3 months rolls by, you have the have the determination, once that adrenaline hits you just have to have more of it. Ah, the classic school yard rumble, haha.

But, in all seriousness, don't start the fight. If you keep ignoring his ****, it'll get to him eventually, and by then, hopefully you're lean and ready.

20. Xavier macrumors 68020

Take a trip to the sewer, and get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to help you out.

21. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

This might sound a little strange. But you could try sneezing on him or farting on him whenever he comes up to you to do what he does. This is a nonviolent solution that essentially provides him with something unpleasant if he does something unpleasant to you.

Ignoring him may or may not work. Remember, he is seeking a response from you. It's your response to his tauntings that pleases him. Ignore him and he might escalate his actions until you do respond. But if you respond in a nonviolent way that is unpleasant or uncomfortable to him....he may think twice about continuing his actions. But, prior to doing anything, do consider if what you plan on doing might ultimately embarass you or get you into trouble with your school, parent(s) or social circle.

Don't start a fight. But if he starts a fight, be sure to defend yourself.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Can you tell us what it is that he's doing? Don't be embarrassed- everybody's been through this stuff before. It might help us help you.

23. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Humans aren't that fragile and sometimes confrontation is unavoidable it is easy to avoid punching and kicking should it come down to that there are a lot of places on the body that pressure can be applied to force an opponent to submit quite painfully without doing damage to anything but their ego. A good one is pinching the nerve endings between the thumb and forefinger--actually there a lot of areas where the joints of the body are effective places to temporarily disable an opponent in excruciating pain this requires getting in close and picking the spots which means you better be good at dodging or have the stamina to take a punch or two. Armpits, the Achilles tendons, the funny bone (not so damn funny). Hitting and kicking are hardly necessary if you can grapple efficiently you can take away an opponents advantages when they rely on throwing punches.

The only thing you have to worry about in this situation is if the dude turns out to be a masochist.

24. killswitch1698 thread starter macrumors regular

He just does stuff like bumps into me on purpose, slaping me in the face, etc.

It's not that I can't handle him, it's just that sometimes i can be too nice, which results in me getting walked all over.

Any suggestions of how to hurt him?

25. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Tell him he's adopted?