What would you want as your next car?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by agkm800, Apr 16, 2011.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Be realistic. New or used. Purchase or lease.

I want either Lexus GS 300 used (c. 2005) or lease/buy a new Audi Q5 2.0T.

2. WilliamBos macrumors member

I drive a 2004 GMC 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4 wd, 5.3L and when I have to replace it, it will be the same, but Max Trailer package 1500, or a 2500 Sierra.

3. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

I love the GS. A used 350 would be tops on my list as well, but more likely I'll buy a new Prius or small CUV like a RAV4 or CR-V.

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Either a Fiat Abarth or a MINI Cooper S, exactly like the pictures.

Attached Files:

5. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

I currently own an Audi A4. If I could choose any car it would be my dads 1970 SS Chevelle. Truly beautiful car. But realistically I would want a Nissan Versa or Chevrolet Camaro or Chevrolet Silverado 2500 with a chrome package.

6. OceanView macrumors 65816

Something with good gas mileage, reliability and reasonably priced.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If I must be realistic, I'd have to say a VW Polo, or maybe a Ford Fiesta. ;)

If I'm allowed to be slightly less realistic, I'd choose a VW Golf-R or Renault Megane RS250.

[​IMG]

8. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Next car for sure will have to be 100% electric. With the price of gas approaching $4.50/gal, and my car still only 2 years old, im not in the market for a new car for another 5 years or so. By that time, Tesla should have made great strides with their Model S (pictured) and charging stations more abundant so that i can rid myself of gasoline vehicles completely.

Attached Files:

9. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I'm typically one to get a new car pretty often (so far I'm on my 4th car; none totaled or anything, just like change/upgrading) but since my latest car is MUCH nicer than my previous ones (currently have a 2008 Nissan Sentra SL with all options), and the fact that my parents paid $2,000 of the bill for it, I plan to keep it through college and preferably law school (6-6.5 years from this Fall).

Depending on the situation of gas in that timeframe, I will most likely go all electric or a very efficient hybrid. I hate SUVs and trucks, so I'm totally fine with a very small 2/4 door car.

If I was buying a different car today with the money I have, I'd probably get like an 06-08 Prius with under 75K miles. Somewhere in the $14-15K range.

10. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Really, I would like to pick up a mid-sized suv...like a 4runner. Then modify my current car to my liking (weekend track/mtn warrior :D )

11. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

A 2012 or 13 (when it comes out) Focus with My Ford Touch.

12. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

13. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I quite like the new C Class, but not for a few years yet.

[​IMG]

14. And macrumors 6502

And

Would have to be 320d for me. Had an e30 few years ago, so nice to drive...

15. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If I did any sort of real distance I'd not buy an M3 but as I don't drive to work and basically only own a car for enjoyment there is no way I can buy a diesel!

16. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

the BMW 3-Series is such an awesome driving machine, I have quite literally not driven anything better in my life, the feedback the car gives you is immense yet extraordinarily accurate

17. And macrumors 6502

And

I don't drive to work either, which is why I have a 12 year old rust bucket sitting outside the house! There's no point having anything of value outside my house as I would get no time to enjoy it! Maybe one day...

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Are you resting your chin on the arm of a cadaver? :eek:

I have just seen the 2011 KIA Optima I-4 2.0 Turbo.

Me like, and zoom-zoom.

Attached Files:

19. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That's very confusing. "Zoom zoom" is the Mazda advertising slogan (at least in the UK)

[​IMG]

20. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Sorry, I should have said 274hp, and better gas mileage than my KIA Magentis V-6.

Koom koom™. :p

22. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

WRX hatchback, in Blue Plasma Pearl :

[​IMG]

Though I can afford it, I can't really justify spending that much on a car these days :( I had to give back my older '08 WRX just to get rid of the monthly payment, which I re-invested elsewhere in the budget (better home/Harley-Davidson).

Maybe in a few years (the Harley is already 2/3's paid for after 1 year, which isn't bad considering it's a 22k$ bike, otd) and when I'm done with the Renos around my new house (driveway asphalt, patio, in-ground pool, central vaccuum cleaner, downstairs stairwell, new shower and some paint).

23. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

It's a good plan. I am looking at the same sort of thing. Unfortuantely, some of these car companies require a special plug to be installed in your home, which to me is a PIA. Automakers need to use traditional plugs for these cars, so you can hook in anywhere. Hopefully we'll see more electric cars in the next two years with better batteries, longer driving distances between charging and faster charging.

Gas prices are inflated right now because of the instability in N Africa and the Middle East. Unstable governments in or near oil rich areas make investors twitchy.

24. ender land macrumors 6502a

Considering I will not be buying a car for at least 5 years (hopefully at least..) and currently have a 2005 Ford Focus wagon with under 50k miles on it, I would buy a red Mazda3 Grand Touring with electronics package if I could swap for free -

[​IMG]

Picture is a few years old but roughly same car. Nice interior, cool exterior, zippy little car.

25. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51