Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2009
SF
By the way, here's a new choice for economy car buyers:

2012 Hyundai Accent

The new 2012 Accent is VASTLY improved over the 2011 model, especially the new 1.6-liter gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine rated at 138 bhp and new six-speed automatic. Hyundai rates the 2012 Accent at 30 mpg city, 40 mpg highway (EPA 2008 test). Given it's about US$3,000 less than the Elantra, this is now a very strong possibility of being my next new car. :)

My apologies but it's still a piece of junk. It looks like one, it drives like one and I bet it smells like one too. These have no soul - pathetic appliance, a Korean equivalent of a beige Corolla. I would not trade my 11 year old Integra for a new one of these even if my fuel mileage is quite a bit lower (about 26/32). Even if you paid me some money on top of the Hyundai.

Xeperu

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2010
Got a 2008 Audi A4 3.0 diesel (4wd) now. Love the car, but want something bigger. Liking the 2012 all road A6.
Old (current)
a4-tdi-450-1.jpg

New
A6-Allroad-automobile-magazine.fr_.jpg
But in White also.

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
Me too. :)

I swear that in 30 years, the C30 will be one of the few "common" cars people will collect. The design is pretty much 10 years old, and I don't see it retiring any time soon.

I just sold one of these, a T5. I pre-ordered it before it's release because it was inspired by the 1800ES and I collect 1800s. In the end it turned out to be ok but not great, so I sold it on. The current model year is the last run of this model, it's being discontinued along with several other models. They might bring back a variation of it on a few years as a hybrid.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
My apologies but it's still a piece of junk. It looks like one, it drives like one and I bet it smells like one too. These have no soul - pathetic appliance, a Korean equivalent of a beige Corolla. I would not trade my 11 year old Integra for a new one of these even if my fuel mileage is quite a bit lower (about 26/32). Even if you paid me some money on top of the Hyundai.

Only one thing though: the Acura Integra's intended customer base is WAY different than the buyer base for the 2012 Hyundai Accent. Methinks you want to compare against buyers of the Honda Civic Si coupe.

But as an entry-level economy car, the Accent has the specs vastly superior to economy cars of even five years ago. Gasoline direct injection engine? Six-speed automatic? You used to need to pay German premium sedan prices to get those types of features.

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada

Wow, that's quite harsh, it costs like 12k and your complaining. It's not an integra competitor. The Accent has quite a lot of features for it's price. An economy car isn't meant to be a "drivers car" it's meant to get you from point a to point b and do it efficiently.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
An economy car isn't meant to be a "drivers car" it's meant to get you from point a to point b and do it efficiently.

Too true.

Many here equate driving with entertainment, while for others it is simply transportation.

I like driving mine, but it is first and foremost a 'working' vehicle.

Purestang

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Trading in my 2003 mustang gt for:
-2011+ Mustang GT
-2011+ Subaru STI

if my daily driver dies (1999 Mercury Sable LS):
-2010+ Ford Fusion Sport AWD

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
This baby right here!

They're asking $44,000 for a 2005 Porsche Carrera, rear wheel drive with 40,000 miles.

Not sure yet if it's a good deal or not. 2011's are well over $100,000 not sure I want to spend that on a toy ...

Attachments

• Porsche 911 Carrera2.jpg
    Porsche 911 Carrera2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Porsche 911 Carrera3.jpg
    Porsche 911 Carrera3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 38

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Be realistic... Aww, what's the fun in that?!
In all seriousness, a slightly "realistic" but not practical next car would be the MINI Countryman. I absolutely loathe the Clubman, but when I saw a Countryman?! Heart stopped beating. Then it fluttered and started to pound away. True love.

Otherwise? Would love to snag either a simpler, cheaper hybrid, or settle for a simple Civic (or anything w/ better MPG and can take regular unleaded instead of premium gasoline). Why yes, having real bills to pay is a serious damper on car-loving.

Either a Fiat Abarth or a MINI Cooper S, exactly like the pictures.
Mm, still driving my original car, an '04 Cooper S. I love it to death, but I'm so ready for a car that doesn't require premium gas. Ugh. And premium motor oil.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Totally unrealistic, although maybe someday:

carsinc_chevy.jpg

They charge $180,000 to build a brand new one to your specs. :D

StvenH90

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
Florida
I prefer older vehicles, my current daily driver is a 72 british sports car. I am currently looking to buy a second car to split the driving with, either a Lancia or an Alfa Romeo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.