what's a good macbook for music production?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hououinkyouma, Jul 12, 2019.

1. hououinkyouma macrumors newbie

currently I am using a mid-2012 macbook pro 13-inch. been using this for 6 years for about 13-15 hours every day. I use it for everything (photo & video editing, music production). it's really reliable but now I think I want something faster and lighter. also, battery condition says "replace now".

so i'm looking to upgrade, and want something as reliable as this. I'm thinking of getting the new macbook pro 2019 with 1.4ghz clockspeed because it's cheaper than the rest. I will only use it for music production -- logic pro x, and A LOT of vsts & plugins (no more video editing)

will this be a good choice? or the 2.4ghz will be worth the additional costs?

2. Pippers macrumors newbie

Pippers

Regarding Logic i found this benchmark on a french website. You have to scroll down a bit.
    https://www.mac4ever.com/actu/14494...-13-mi-2019-que-vaut-ce-nouveau-cpu-a-1-4-ghz

I just ordered a 1.4 with 16GB ram and 256ssd. I will also use logic, but my projects rarely exceed 12 tracks with vsts and i never had issues on older machines.
    However, the base model seems to be quite potent and the 2.4ghz does not seem to be a lot faster...

3. firewire9000 macrumors 6502

2,4 Ghz for sure. Better cooling so it can sustain at least 2,4 Ghz for a longer period of time. And of course a minimum of 16 GB of RAM.

4. Pippers macrumors newbie

Pippers

My message above still needs to be confirmed by a moderator. I got the 1.4ghz model but i agree, the cooling will be better for the 2.4ghz one and hence it will perform better during demanding tasks. My logic files are quite small and perform well anyway

5. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Actually, for music production, I think you'd do better on a 27" iMac... ;)