Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the seventh beta of iOS 13 to developers, bringing new bug fixes and refining iOS 13 and iPadOS features introduced in previous betas.

Now that we're up to the seventh beta, changes and tweaks are getting much more minor, but there are still a few new things worth noting.

- Folders - Folder backgrounds are once again gray, with changes made in the previous beta reverted.

- Dark Mode - The Dark Mode Control Center widget wording has been tweaked. Instead of saying Light Appearance or Dark Appearance, it now says Light Mode or Dark Mode.

darkmodelabeling-800x518.jpg

- Deleting Attachments in Messages - You can once again delete photo and other attachments from Messages. In a conversation, tap on the "i" and long press on a photo, link, or document to bring up a menu to delete it.

photosdeleteoption.jpg

- Blocked Senders in Mail - There are new options to determine what to do with messages from blocked senders. You can move them to the trash or mark as blocked and leave them in the inbox (the default option).

mailblockedsender-800x503.jpg

- Silence Unknown Callers - When toggling on Silence Unknown Callers, there's new text in the Phone app that lets you know incoming calls will continue to ring from people in your contacts, recent outgoing calls, and Siri Suggestions.

silenceunknowncallersios13-800x330.jpg

- All Photos View - When viewing "All Photos" in the main Photos tab in iOS 13, Photos are displayed in a grid three across instead of the smaller thumbnails that were available before by default.

photosgridallphotos-800x717.jpg

- Find My - Notify When Found is now working in the Find My app in this beta. There's also a new "Help a Friend" option in the Me tab that opens up iCloud.com so a friend can locate a lost device.

findmyhelpafriend.jpg

- Do Not Disturb - Do Not Disturb settings now sync properly between iPhone and Apple Watch.

Know of a feature that's new in iOS 13 beta 7 that we left out? Make sure to let us know in the comments and we'll update this article. For more on what's new in iOS 13, make sure to check out our iOS 13 roundup.

Article Link: What's New in iOS 13 Beta 7

travoose

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2008
Central PA
Question: Does dark mode work on a schedule or via some automatic mode, where during the day when the sun is out, it is in light mode and at evening hours it is in the dark mode? Sorry, not on the betas myself to find this out.

Reactions: Websnapx2

benshive

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2017
United States
Question: Does dark mode work on a schedule or via some automatic mode, where during the day when the sun is out, it is in light mode and at evening hours it is in the dark mode? Sorry, not on the betas myself to find this out.
You can have it always on, always off, turn on and off based on sunrise and sunset, or set a custom schedule.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

No scheduling.

You can have it always on, always off, turn on and off based on sunrise and sunset, or set a custom schedule.

Where?

Reactions: travoose

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

Yes that is how you can set it up, just like nightshift.

settings---display and brightness---automatic---options----sunset to sunrise or schedule times.

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Yes — similar to how Maps switches at sunset, there is a toggle in "Settings"/Display & Brightness"/"Automatic"

Reactions: travoose

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Yes you can configure it to do so.
No scheduling.

Where?
In Settings > Display and Brightness

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

Yes you can configure it to do so.

In Settings > Display and Brightness

settings---display and brightness---automatic---options----sunset to sunrise or custom schedule

:)

My toggle was off, it says Automatic, stupid name if you ask me, since it won't say there's a setting behind the toggle, I never did, so I didn't know, Apple should change this so it's clear you can set it to your own schedule.

roosta

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
las vegas
Still no two page view for PDFs imported into books. If I can do that in preview and iBooks on my desktop why not on my iPad?

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
What would this be for, to prevent someone that stole your phone from viewing the photos?

To prevent someone who you show a photo to by handing your phone to them from swiping around too far and seeing your eggplant emoji pics.

Question though from the article: When viewing "All Photos" in the main Photos tab in iOS 13, Photosare displayed in a grid three across instead of the smaller thumbnails that were available before by default.

In this latest beta can you still just pinch two fingers to easily change the size of the thumbnails?

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Question though from the article: When viewing "All Photos" in the main Photos tab in iOS 13, Photosare displayed in a grid three across instead of the smaller thumbnails that were available before by default.

In this latest beta can you still just pinch two fingers to easily change the size of the thumbnails?
Yes, you can

You can zoom out all the way to display 29 photos per row, or zoom in all the way to display 1 photo per row

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
Seriously, Apple, let us FaceID-protect Hidden Photos!

Don't be stupid!

Also, it's almost 2020, and Mail app still doesn't sync iCloud read status from macOS to iOS. What the hell!! iOS-to-macOS syncs just fine, but not macOS-to-iOS. Get your **** together!

I feel fairly confident this sync for me!

Reactions: centauratlas

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
Seriously, Apple, let us FaceID-protect Hidden Photos!

Don't be stupid!

Also, it's almost 2020, and Mail app still doesn't sync iCloud read status from macOS to iOS. What the hell!! iOS-to-macOS syncs just fine, but not macOS-to-iOS. Get your **** together!
They really need to double down on these basic issues. Their quality and attention to details has completely evaporated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.