Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Patmian212 said:
Not great with spelling so can you tell me whats wrong with it(lazy to look it up) :eek:

Raping is a vile and offensive practive involving non-mutually consensual sex.
Rapping is what you do with a mic and an attitude.
Wrapping is what you do to presents. By presents, I mean gifts, not right nows. :)

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Not good with spelling sorry, I feel like such an arse :eek:

EDIT:Look what I started a spelling war :D

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
I cycle, on occasion (though hardly enough to keep me from getting fat). Ditto with the gym. Music, in the form of gigs and concerts -- spend far too much on that. 1960s diesels are my "other" hobby, but it's difficult to indulge in something whereby the only bases of activity are hundreds of miles away, especially without transport.

TBH, it's all taken a back seat to a near perpetual treading of water. I don't do anything I really enjoy anymore, because I don't really enjoy anything.

Pffft... whatever :eek:

Guitarius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2004
Louisiana
I used to play airsoft a lot. But I haven't played in a while. Used to fly RC planes as well. I read a lot. Play a lot of video games. I build card models.

I write and do alot of theatre stuff, but I think I would consider that more my occupation more so than a hobby, even though I forget sometimes that I'm working.

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
Reading (mostly)Sci-fi novels
Playing Guitar (picked up again after a few year's wait)
Raquetball
Playing video games :D

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Applespider said:
Dark wooden bookcases/display cases - fairly simple. Everything I've seen on the high street is either maple/beech veneer or badly made hardwood that's ridiculously priced for the quality.
Presumably you've discounted Ikea? Anything in solid hardwood is going to cost a bomb just for the timber. But you can get some really interesting veneered MDF these days. For example, consider:
American Black Walnut
Carolina Pine
Cherry
Steamed Beech
Teak
White Ash
White Beech
White Oak
(all from C F Anderson in Islington)
or try: http://www.silverman.co.uk/products/vb03.php

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
My hobbies include (but are not limited to):

Cars (driving/repairing/modification)
Wheelin (4wheel drive offroad fun)
Snowmobiling
Biking (21spd mt. bike)
Skiing (x-country)
Electric guitar
Acoustic Guitar
Web Design

Not necessarily in that order :D

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
wushu (chinese martial art)
playing (video games)
reading (novels mostly)
snowboarding (no mountains in blgm, bah)
driving (cars, on rented parking lots full of water)
wasting time (here, in my mind, ...)

dhracer88

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2005
Mountain Biking--dh racing/riding, freeriding (although it always costs $ in the end :p ), jumping. Lately, I've been fascinated with breaking my bikes. Broke my 'Zocchi Jr.t crown on my Banshee, broke my Pilot, derailleur, cranks, and bottom bracket on my Surly Instigator (dirt jumper). Some say I'm too rough; I'd rather blame the bike parts... :)

Snowboarding in the winter--got moguls down last winter--so much fun...and so much pain...

Photography and hiking
Dogs and Photography (see website)

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
redeye_be said:
wushu (chinese martial art)

I love wushu. It's my favorite martial art from all that I've taken (wushu, a couple kung fu styles, and tae kwon do.

I stopped taking wushu about 6 or 7 months ago though :( :cool: :).

scem0

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
bike riding is good to.. seems everyday more and more kids are getting that big ol' suv just to drive a half mile to school.. and theres me with my bike.. racing along with ipod in hand..

Guitarius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2004
Louisiana
I'd really like to get into blacksmithing. It just seems expensive to get all the stuff I'd need. I don't know anyone who does it, so I have no shop at my disposal. I dunno why, it just always seemed cool to me. My great-grandpa was a blacksmith.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.