Whats your next gen weapon of choice?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Mac-Addict, Aug 25, 2007.

?

Wii PS3 or 360

1. The Humble Wii

36 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. The Powerful PS3

11 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. The one in the middle 360

27 vote(s)
    36.5%
  1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Is it The Wii, The PS3 or The (Booooo microsoft!) 360?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

360 in the middle? WTF. When the PS3 produces visuals better than the 360 then we'll talk.

3. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Fine ok "The Ring Of Death 360?"

/Runs away in fear of being flamed/:)

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wii so far its been the most fun, 360 is very good...has lots of good games. Hardware faults have been worrisome.....and Xbox Live cost $$$ is annoying, but its much better then PS3/Wii online play.

PS3 has yet to prove itself to me....its very powerful, Fall of Man is a good FPS, MotorStorm looked fun...but there has been little good software since then. The Wii has had a similar problem.....but thats seems to be ending.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Reggie made good points. But the info like Folding@home, GT:HD and PS3 is much much younger(and hard to dev for), along with the things you said, makes me think the PS3 is stronger then 360.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

My console of choice is PS3...the console has flare and I like the game line up...its a small margin between the 360/PS3 for me but thats how I see it.

The wii is my party machine...chicks dig it:)

Bless

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I suppose it's the PS3 for me, even though I have them all. Lately the 360 is getting the most love with all the sweet ass demo's but on tuesday with Warhawk, PS3 will be #1 for me again. My Wii? hm... well aside from my girlfriend playing Donkey Kong Country I haven't played it since May, 'nuff said.

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Wii. I refuse to spend over $300 for a games console. We'll talk when the other systems come down in price, and I've enjoyed the games that are out and the unreleased games I've played.

Right now between PS3 and 360 I'd favor 360 due to better current games lineup, but Sony's finally got some good stuff in the pipeline, so we'll see a year from now; I'm not buying either till the price comes down anyway.

At this point there are more 360 titles with better graphics out there; I would honestly say that both systems have strength and weaknesses.

PS3 has the potentially more powerful processor (by far) while 360 has the more powerful graphics card.

I don't think either system can be classified as outright "more powerful".

9. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

The Wii is where it's at for me. I was starting to get bored with video games, and Nintendo really shook it up innovation-wise with both the Wii and the DS. Lots of promising ideas on the horizon too. Once the PS3 comes down in price I'll probably end up buying one of those for MGS4 and RE5.

10. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Definitely the Wii for me. Of course it's the only console I have. ;)

I love my Wii though, I literally play it every day, but more importantly, so does my wife. ;)

Just rented Excite Truck and played it for the first time. It's so much fun! I played it for three hours on the first go. I'll probably end up buying it soon. :D

I've never played any Xbox at all, so I can't really comment on it, but I have played a PS3. Resistance and Motor Storm are awesome! I want to go back to Seattle and stay with my cousin for another week so I can play Motor Storm again. ;)

11. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

This week it's been the 360 as my weapon of choice. Next week'll surely be the Wii due to Metroid Prime 3.

Oh, and i think Ed and Jimmi need a time out. :D

12. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Im surprised a certain forum member hasnt jumped out to hail the mighty 360... ;) Another vote here for the 360, that is when it gets back from repairs...

13. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've owned all 3 consoles this gen and in the end I got rid of my Wii and 360. The reason I kept the PS3 was (for me) that it seems to be the best all in 1 device, and hey I love region free gaming!

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I love region free films, that's why I didn't buy into Blue-Ray films.

I've owned (just 2 remaining now) all 3 systems. The 360 is really becoming a fantastic system with it's large and diverse library. I didn't jump into it like I did with the last Xbox (and subsequently bought the only 4 games that interested me). It's far from perfect but I really congratulate MS on making accessories that work with my PC as well as the console, and to bring such a stellar and integrated online service. Nintendo could learn a lot from them, just as they could learn from Nintendo.
    I just don't see the PS3 as a competetive product anymore. At first I thought it was the Wii that was going to go it's own way in the industry. But it's a huge mainstream success. By far the most diverse path in current gaming is to own a 360 (this might have been PC if mine was up to scratch) and Wii, that way I'm not limiting myself. The PS3 to me is the system the audio/videophiles go for. At this stage, with it's lack of games, the people going for it (IMO) are those who don't care much for gaming and value media centre functionality as an important feature, unless of course theres a 'Marmite' game you love (Warhawk, RFoM, Motorstorm).

15. pcypert macrumors 6502

Key to me is that if you are smart you can get a used 360 and Wii for the price of a PS3...that's a pretty good deal and then you have way more gaming options.

I don't really care though. I had a 360 but was worried it would break and sold it. Got a Wii and it has more than enough gaming for me...though I miss Fifa (remedied at the end of this month), Crackdown, and a couple others...

Paul

16. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'm enjoying my 360 the most. Xbox Live is awesome and well worth the $50/year I pay for it. I get to play against/with real world friends and it almost feels like I'm hanging out with them while we are in different cities/states. I love that!

Though I do love my Wii as well....just not as much as my 360 right now :)

17. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

If you are talking about power then yes the PS3 is the best, but if you want good games you need a 360 and a Wii.

The Wii is great for the sports, it is so much fun! Then the 360 is good for everything else, Halo! Bioshock! both great games which are not on the PS3.

But before you have a go this is my personal choice others maybe different

18. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Black cherry Kool-Aid was my favorite when I was was a kid....followed closely by tropical punch. I don't think I've drunken any since high school. How about you guys? Did you have a favorite flavor?

Ya der hum...It's the Wii for Mii! :) But the Wii is technically not a "next gen" system, according to Nintendo. It's a "new gen" system. For "next gen," I would go with the PS3.

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Meh, thats just marketing buzzwords. Chronologically it is part of the current generation of consoles.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't even know what it is, I only hear it mentioned by Americans on forums so it must be something big over there. I just come to my own conclusion as to what it is (sounds like a cordial drink with some kind of medicine mixed in?) and roll with it :)

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Lol...you get some powder, and mix it in with water, and you got Kool Aid!

Its decent, but not amazing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool_Aid

(The way we use it here comes from people adding LSD into normal Kool Aid, and the Jonestown Massacre)...ahh Wikipedia is great!

22. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

"humble Wii"

hahaha. Let's talk dollars and cents.

23. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

No console has yet to surpass the original Xbox and its child-crushing-weapon status. I guess the 360's 912 pound power supply the size of a small u-boat could be used to crush half a child.

<]=)

24. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

more like a restraining order

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I whipped out the 360 to do a spot of media streaming to the living room TV, and my God I forgot how big that thing is.
    Of interest, if you actually look inside a 360 without the casing around it, it's a bit small. I can easily see them shrinking the system down in it's later years.