Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlakTornado

Apr 24, 2007
Washington, OH
Some apps disappear after I use spaces...

Say, I switch to a space to check and IM then go back and find my window is gone and (unless it's Safari which I can 'Merge All Windows' to bring back) un-retrievable... Very annoying sometimes.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
STABILITY!!!!

I get crashes on shutdown (the black screen thing).

I get crashes when my MBP wakes from sleep, along with freezes, keyboard luckups, a mouse that moves choppily across the screen.

I get crashes running front row (which sucks now compared to the old one).

I get locking, beachballing, etc. Nothing I experienced with Tiger.

I'm starting to be reminded of why I switched out of windows, WHILE USING OS X!!!!!

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
STABILITY!!!!

I get crashes on shutdown (the black screen thing).

I get crashes when my MBP wakes from sleep, along with freezes, keyboard luckups, a mouse that moves choppily across the screen.

I get crashes running front row (which sucks now compared to the old one).

I get locking, beachballing, etc. Nothing I experienced with Tiger.

I'm starting to be reminded of why I switched out of windows, WHILE USING OS X!!!!!

Try a clean install of Leopard and install all applications again. Helped for me.

fuzzydave

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2008
Try a clean install of Leopard and install all applications again. Helped for me.

How do you backup your files if you do a fresh install? Only way is to do a backup to your external hdd or timemachine backup?

I want it to be as smooth as possible if i decide to do a fresh install

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
How do you backup your files if you do a fresh install? Only way is to do a backup to your external hdd or timemachine backup?

Either that or burn a bunch of DVD's with all your stuff. If you have an iPod, copy all your documents to that (don't need to worry about music since you can transfer that back off the iPod).

I made a list of all the applications I'll need to re-download, mostly because they might release a new version if 10.5.2 breaks anything.

I'm waiting till 10.5.2 comes out then I'm doing a complete reinstall.

Mark Fletcher

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2008
For 10.5.2, I'd like to see -

1) Bootcamp: Updated drivers for X64 compatibility; The updated drivers are already available for the 2008 Mac Pros, why not make them available to everyone else, without having to hunt for them on some dodgy bittorrent site?

2) Bootcamp: Work with RAID. I have my main OS X installation on two HD's running in RAID 1. I have a third drive, but I cant run Bootcamp from the default installation, to install windows on the third drive. Instead, I have to create a second OS X installation on the third drive, and then use that second installation to create the windows installation. Confused? I know I am!

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
I'm waiting till 10.5.2 comes out then I'm doing a complete reinstall.

I am doing this as well.

I will do a Complete Format. Then Install OS 10.5.0. Then Immediatly after, install 10.5.2.

Then After 10.5.2 is solidified, install all my apps again, and put back on my Music/Movies/Docs etc....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.