Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
Availability of iMacs are usually the same worldwide, but they might announce it and say that it's available in a month, or two, or maybe like last year, BTO options will be months and months delayed (and when they finally arrive, your girlfriend will likely be like, "We can't afford that, cancel the order, you just got an iPad 3, you don't need this")

screw months and months of more waiting/ announcement with no ready to buy. F Apple if they do this ****

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

Nice to hear but still its just some analyst predicting, I wish it cited some reputable source with knowledge of it.

When Apple announces something do they usually make you wait?? If it were to be released with a bang like it says on June, 11 you have to think how that would be possible...with all the leaks of when anything Apple related is in production. If it were releasing so shortly we would had to have heard of something by now ya would think. I say it probably gets announced and isnt available till another month and half or two.

JasperNL

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
BTO options will be months and months delayed

Are you serious? I want a new iMac 2012 with SSD, cannot imagine that Apple would let me wait for that long as they can make so much money on it. If they do let us wait for BTO, then I'll have to build in a SSD myself (which I don't prefer). Let's pray for standard SSD!

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
When Apple announces something do they usually make you wait?? If it were to be released with a bang like it says on June, 11 you have to think how that would be possible...with all the leaks of when anything Apple related is in production. If it were releasing so shortly we would had to have heard of something by now ya would think. I say it probably gets announced and isnt available till another month and half or two.

For the 2011's, outside of one report from one guy in CNET, there was no indication other than stock levels that new machines were arriving. AppleInsider nailed it down (citing "people familiar with the matter") exactly 1 week before they launched.

For the 2010's, there was a "stock low" report 4 days before launch. Nothing at all before then, except a rumor 10 days before that only talked about USB 3 and "late summer" and got both wrong.

Apple can keep things extremely quiet. Sometimes we'll get a picture of pallets from some store manager in Australia, but that's normally shortly followed by that manager getting fired.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
For the 2011's, outside of one report from one guy in CNET, there was no indication other than stock levels that new machines were arriving. AppleInsider nailed it down (citing "people familiar with the matter") exactly 1 week before they launched.

For the 2010's, there was a "stock low" report 4 days before launch. Nothing at all before then, except a rumor 10 days before that only talked about USB 3 and "late summer" and got both wrong.

Apple can keep things extremely quiet. Sometimes we'll get a picture of pallets from some store manager in Australia, but that's normally shortly followed by that manager getting fired.

huh, well that's definitely interesting then.

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
This is bogus. Almost 2 weeks since imac geekbench scores. Stock and shipping still delayed and sales going but no real news. But of course we get ipod parts....

Feels like wwdc should start june4. The extra week is a downer

mikdog

macrumors member
May 8, 2012
touch wood, but i've been super stoked with my 27" 3.4ghz i7 imac 2gb video card 16gb ram 1tb hdd 256gb ssd i bought second hand off a dude. so far, glad i didn't wait. though i took into account if a new imac was released today, it'd still be a month or two till it came to south africa, and another couple weeks for bto options. been working on this 27" imac and its been hooking my multitasking (photoshop, final cut express, toon boom animate, rendering, screen recording) like a ... machine. great.

nomanstool

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2010
nothing wrong with waiting with a few weeks, when all news pointing for a refresh especially the iMac's cycle.

so if it indeed they gave a refresh on 2012 you'll get:
1) New Hardware or
2) Bargain price for the old hardware from a clearance sale :)

Here's hoping some SSD standard, I do hope they use the Samsung 830 as standard SSD install :). Also looking forward on some USB3 slots

Crazy82

macrumors member
May 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Tomorrow seems pretty unlikly dosen't it? I think it does because it's to close to WWDC the 11 of june. But if there will be a refresh before WWDC it will be tomorrow I beleave!

Realy hope it's tomorrow but I daopt it.....!

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
Can't get past the paywall, but the intro sounds like a rehash of other analysts' opinions.

If you copy one of the paragraphs in the link then paste it into the google search field you get a link back to the page you were just on but the entire article appears.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
With dvd out..then a redesign has a good chance to happen
but not forcedly thinning because the free space left would add better cooling for
stronger Gpu... i hope Apple won't go thinner..losing
this chance.. .

Last edited:

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
How are we going to monitor wwdc keynote when Apples wwdc info page thats now up says no photography recording or blogging & no word on live stream. Doubt it

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
C'mon..i just did a mistake..my God..:(
sorry guys but :
1.i'm here tryn to relax after having a REAL earthquake in my city..
see the news about Italy..so sorrry...i was ...just not looking at the fences..
maybe 'cause i was thinking at the real ones fell down just 1 hour ago...

2.i'm line with the title of the thread..about my expectations about 2012 Imac..

Instead what i found...HEY YOU ..THIS IS MINE,ITS WRONG...:eek:

cmon..
by the way i apologize for my lack of..coherence and coesion
with the sentences above... .

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.