Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chilly willy

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Charlotte, NC
cue the "May 10th, 2012 is the day" threads....:)

I for one will still be dying for the refresh,as pathetic as it is to keep checking constantly.

Unfair

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2007
At this point, I'm joining the 'June / July' camp for release date predictions.

Apple seems to be in no hurry to compete technology with other vendors this go around, that's probably because they're still selling current models listed as "The New" on their website to unknowing folks...

Hell, I guess as a business, if I could still be selling year old stuff in bulk at a premium to people who don't question it, why wouldn't I?

voltaire2030

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
I hope they are coming with something more then a CPU and GPU upgrades ... If they don't I will be disapointed ... For god sense, Dell have already some Ivy bridge desktop available ... :(

----------

At this point, I'm joining the 'June / July' camp for release date predictions.

Apple seems to be in no hurry to compete technology with other vendors this go around, that's probably because they're still selling current models listed as "The New" on their website to unknowing folks...

Hell, I guess as a business, if I could still be selling year old stuff in bulk at a premium to people who don't question it, why wouldn't I?

Quite true !

I don't want to over-reacting on this but even if for now Apple is enjoying an hedge over other cies, I still remember how fast it lost market shares against Windows and it took them years to retake the edge ...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
But do you really want to own a Dell? Take it from me, no you don't! Also I don't think Dell are shipping until around the 18th, so maybe that's when apple will soft launch.

Crazy82

macrumors member
May 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
how does an overnight launch appear in european stores? I mean, we're 6 hours ahead of EST, is the apple store updated at the same time all around the world or does europe get the launch earlier than the states (to make it an overnight appearance)?

The stores in Europe probably gets the goods a day or two before but can't tell anyone or not even knows what the goods are becaus of it's codenamed.

voltaire2030

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
But do you really want to own a Dell? Take it from me, no you don't! Also I don't think Dell are shipping until around the 18th, so maybe that's when apple will soft launch.

I don't but I'm always expecting Apple to release in front of the competition : Ipad,Iphone,Mac Air...

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
I'm joining the "I pretend like I don't need a computer until Apple refreshes" camp.

I'm firmly in the "I'm gnawing my own leg off in anticipation because my home computer is a 7yo POS so shut up and take my money already" camp.

PC2MAC2012

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
Forgive me if this information has been posted already, but is anyone like Dell or HP shipping models with Intel’s new generation of chips?

I am nursing my PC and hoping that the release is before it is done for so I do hope that it will be soon.

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside
Has anyone else noticed that the i7 is not an option for the 27" imc in the US apple store ?

Edit:
Oh lawrdy. Yeah ok. I see where i made the mistake. My bad guys. Sorry about that . I'm so used to checking the mac pro and the last option being a server that i clicked the second to last option on the iMac as well. User Error.

Last edited:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

Attachments

• corei7.png
    corei7.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 118

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside
I am still given the option to upgrade to an i7.

Thats really weird. I checked 4 separate times and it didn't give me the option. Its still not giving it to me.

edit:
Oh lawrdy. Yeah ok. I see where i made the mistake. My bad guys. Sorry about that . I'm so used to checking the mac pro and the last option being a server that i clicked the second to last option on the iMac as well. User Error.

Last edited:

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside

Cooshan

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2012
Forgive me if this information has been posted already, but is anyone like Dell or HP shipping models with Intel’s new generation of chips?

I am nursing my PC and hoping that the release is before it is done for so I do hope that it will be soon.
From what I hear on these forums: whilst they have been announced, no one is shipping in bulk with the new processors until the end of this month.

PC2MAC2012

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
From what I hear on these forums: whilst they have been announced, no one is shipping in bulk with the new processors until the end of this month.

In the past, what kind of gap between updated processors, other PC makers shipping new processors and Apples release dates? Are we looking at days, weeks or months?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.