Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
Oh, so the daily/monthly challenges it is a relatively new issue? Hopefully watchOS 5.1.3 and iOS 12.1.2 will address some of these bugs. Quite the strange issue.
Correct. The past two monthly challenges have been showing up for me in less than 24 hours after earning the badge. 200%, longest move streak take 2-3 days to show, and competition badgesare taking almost a week to show.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
But they do eventually register? I just noticed the following on Apple’s website:

If you complete a goal, but don't earn the award
You will earn the award within 9 days of completing the Activity Challenge.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this verbiage was recently added with awards having this 2-3 delay instead of their previous instantly that we were all used to.

RollTide_King

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn’t be surprised if this verbiage was recently added with awards having this 2-3 delay instead of their previous instantly that we were all used to.
Interestingly enough the last time that article was updated was 10/30/18 and someone said it started happening in November, like they knew this was coming...
[doublepost=1544574573][/doublepost]
I haven't done that Not sure I care that much. lol
I’m right there with you. Doing all that is a pain in the butt and you’d probably end up breaking more things than fixing

Reactions: Starship67

RollTide_King

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2017
I did and even set it up as new. I still don’t have all of my previous limited edition badges, while everything else from the Health app synced back to my watch. I give up hope at this point.
Darn. I’m definitely not going down that road then. I did speak with a senior advisor today and he said it is an issue engineers are looking into and they are collecting data on the issue. I gave them logs from my phone. Maybe it will be resolved soonish...

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Darn. I’m definitely not going down that road then. I did speak with a senior advisor today and he said it is an issue engineers are looking into and they are collecting data on the issue. I gave them logs from my phone. Maybe it will be resolved soonish...

I need to do the same thing as well. I never did because I was told it would show up in 5.1.1 and then told 5.1.2 and still nothing.

RollTide_King

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2017
I need to do the same thing as well. I never did because I was told it would show up in 5.1.1 and then told 5.1.2 and still nothing.
If you do make sure you speak to a senior advisor. The normal advisor said you could add it manually and took 40 minutes to figure out you can’t (duh). Tell them it’s a post on their “Gather” page. They will know...

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I updated both my iPhone X and the Apple Watch Series 4 to the new software versions that were released today and I can confirm that non of my lost limited edition achievements have been restored whatsoever, as I suspected before. We probably won’t be getting our lost limited achievements back and they are forever lost. If Apple was interested in addressing this issue they would have done so by now as they released multiple software updates since the release of iOS12 (I lost my limited edition achievements as soon as I updated to the very first version of IOS12 when it was publicly released and that was several months ago), heck. Apple might not be even aware of this issue..

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
I updated both my iPhone X and the Apple Watch Series 4 to the new software versions that were released today and I can confirm that non of my lost limited edition achievements have been restored whatsoever, as I suspected before. We probably won’t be getting our lost limited achievements back and they are forever lost. If Apple was interested in addressing this issue they would have done so by now as they released multiple software updates since the release of iOS12 (I lost my limited edition achievements as soon as I updated to the very first version of IOS12 when it was publicly released and that was several months ago), heck. Apple might not be even aware of this issue..
Oh they're aware. Myself along with others here have called to alert them. Now how serious they're taking the issue is a different story. Apple is toting closing your rings quite heavily, and I just find it odd that several software updates later we're still having the same problems.

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
Guys, I don’t want to jinx anything... But all of my badges are up-to-date and showing in the correct order…

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I never lost any of mine

We’re essentially Dealing with 2 separate activity related issues here in this thread.
One is the delay in receiving the reward badge for completing a given task such as the monthly challenge etc and the second issue is the far more severe issue where members including myself lost a dozen limited edition award badges entirely, in my personal case I lost nearly 2 years worth of completed award badges including several Limited Edition ones (New years, Thanks giving and many more)

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
We’re essentially Dealing with 2 separate activity related issues here in this thread.
One is the delay in receiving the reward badge for completing a given task such as the monthly challenge etc and the second issue is the far more severe issue where members including myself lost a dozen limited edition award badges entirely, in my personal case I lost nearly 2 years worth of completed award badges including several Limited Edition ones (New years, Thanks giving and many more)
Yeah I'm aware some of you lost all of those limited badges, it really is unfortunate and sucky, I would be really upset as I'm obviously into the rings (see my avatar lol.) Recently we've been speaking about the delay a lot, that's why I posted to let everyone know that part may be fixed. I received the two badges (longest streak and 7-workout week) I earned today right as I finished my workout, and the streak is up-to-date with the correct amount. However, I will adjust my previous post, and now my Veteran's Day badge is out of order again, falling in-between my Earth Day Challenge and National Parks Challenge badges.

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Anyone know if 5.1.3 fixes the Activity bug with delayed/missing badges?
After updating to 5.1.3 yesterday, the badges showing up about 4 days late in the app has apparently been been fixed for me. The badges I've earned a few minutes ago on the Apple Watch have shown up on the Activity app. This was not the case for several months, so it's a welcome fix.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
After updating to 5.1.3 yesterday, the badges showing up about 4 days late in the app has apparently been been fixed for me. The badges I've earned a few minutes ago on the Apple Watch have shown up on the Activity app. This was not the case for several months, so it's a welcome fix.

Thats great they fixed the achievement receiving delay issue although i wish they fixed the main issue which is the issue i created this thread about in the first place. (Loss of 2 years worth of Achievement Badges including Limited Edition Achievement Award Badges ever since updating to iOS 12)

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Yeah I'm aware some of you lost all of those limited badges, it really is unfortunate and sucky, I would be really upset as I'm obviously into the rings (see my avatar lol.) Recently we've been speaking about the delay a lot, that's why I posted to let everyone know that part may be fixed. I received the two badges (longest streak and 7-workout week) I earned today right as I finished my workout, and the streak is up-to-date with the correct amount. However, I will adjust my previous post, and now my Veteran's Day badge is out of order again, falling in-between my Earth Day Challenge and National Parks Challenge badges.

Thats great they fixed the achievement receiving delay issue although i wish they fixed the main issue which is the issue i created this thread about in the first place. (Loss of 2 years worth of Achievement Badges including Limited Edition Achievement Award Badges ever since updating to iOS 12)

I wish the delay was fixed for me. I got really excited when I saw you guys’ responses and thought it was fixed across the board, sadly for me I’m still two days behind. See attached. Today is 1/26, and my Longest Move Streak is dated for 1/24. I have definitely cleared it the yesterday and today. I guess I’ll se what happened when my perfect weekly awards roll around on Sunday:mad:o_O

D9A94F42-8308-4016-8196-31DDAEA1C476.png

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
I wish the delay was fixed for me. I got really excited when I saw you guys’ responses and thought it was fixed across the board, sadly for me I’m still two days behind. See attached. Today is 1/26, and my Longest Move Streak is dated for 1/24. I have definitely cleared it the yesterday and today. I guess I’ll se what happened when my perfect weekly awards roll around on Sunday:mad:o_O

View attachment 818304
Have you tried restarting your watch and phone, as well as update them both?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.