Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Jeez some people are real snooty about this whole thing :oops:

Point is - if you're paying the same amount of money you may as well try and get the one which is better, albeit only being marginally better. IMO it would be silly not to at least ask.

Then you need to buy about 1 million iPhones and run them through extensive testing for memory, video, battery, cpu, because guess what... they are all going to be different. They are made from electronic components which are going to vary. I used to work in a memory chip test center... no two will be the same. So after you buy and test 1 million, you can return all but the best. Then most likely you'll end up dropping it and have to get a replacement via AC+ so it will make all your testing and returning pointless.

And if you want to always get the better of the items you are paying the same price for, then you need to take this same approach to anything electronic... TVs, stereos, etc.. Because you could get the same types of "gate" stories with anything electronic if there were enough OCD people to run tests and compare them all.

All of this nonsense with people continually returning perfectly good products chasing the unicorn is going to ultimately end up hurting everyone by Apple raising prices because their return costs go up, or changing their return policy because of people taking advantage of it.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Uh, excuse me? Was that sarcastic? When you're a Mac user (8% of computer users use a Mac), you care about Macs. I care about Macs because it's the only system I'm able of using on a daily basis (Windows is too glitchy, Linux lacks software). So, there are people who care about Mac and thus we need at least some kind of respect from Apple.

Also, I think they also clearly have no idea what they're doing with the iPhone as well. The amount of planned obsolescence they're building is insane. The cost of iPhones hasn't decreased by a penny, and the 16GB iPhone still exists. iOS is buggy, bugs don't get fixed, and the list goes on and on. I think that Tim Cook is doing a **** job at Apple. He hasn't improved anything and only made things worse because of his greed.

A) 8% is not many people.
B) 16gb is enough for some people.
C) iOS still runs better than the competition.
D) Planned Obselence is a joke.
E) iPhones and iPads are better now than they've ever been.

Reactions: HEK

Laserducky

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
You sir are deeply mistaken if you think that apple is going to be in trouble any time soon

On a different but related note, no one could have imagined that the mighty Blackberry and the titan Nokia would be reduced to the pitiful state that they are today. Paradigm shifts do happen, just not quickly and smart companies adapt while rigid ones like Blackberry in this instance, fade into oblivion.

Cheers !

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
A) 8% is not many people.
B) 16gb is enough for some people.
C) iOS still runs better than the competition.
D) Planned Obselence is a joke.
E) iPhones and iPads are better now than they've ever been.
A) Hundred of millions of people have computers. 8% is a lot in that case.
B) Yeah, well not for most people. If you don't do anything with your phone, 8GB or hell, 4GB is enough.
C) Let's see for how long that'll be though.
D) It's a very serious thing. The iPhone 6 runs like crap. The iPhone 4S is barely capable of running. Apple is already ditching 10.7.5 and most apps still require 10.10.
E) In terms of hardware, yes. In terms of software, not at all.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
B) Yeah, well not for most people. If you don't do anything with your phone, 8GB or hell, 4GB is enough.
D) It's a very serious thing. The iPhone 6 runs like crap. The iPhone 4S is barely capable of running. Apple is already ditching 10.7.5 and most apps still require 10.10.

A) There are more people using Windows XP right now than people using Macs. That's some perspective for you.
B) No, it is enough for most people. Most people stream everything.
C) Do you want iOS to be worse than the competition? Why?
D) Runs like crap? Sounds like you have a hardware issue. My 6+ ran great. Also, ditching old software in light of new software coming out means nothing.
E) That's your opinion. iOS 9 is better to me than any version I've used before it.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I sick of people bitching and moaning. Not enough new features. The new features are lame, whereas the innovation, the groundbreaking new devices, features. Then next thread woe is me Apple software is not supporting my device that one from five years ago whaaaaa whaaaaa. What's the matter the new software runs slow. They should support my machine because it's me, so what if the rest of world has moved on.

I have had and do have various devices, laptops, desktops. And while I claim no scientific testing statistical accuracy.....my experience has and continues to be the Mac stuff runs smoother, faster with less bugs, malware, slowdowns than my pic stuff. My phones have all run great from the 3GS, 4s, 5s, 6+, and now the 6s+.

I think 16GB is, and has been silly since the 5. Think 2GB ram is long overdue. With that said did my 5s and 6+ do the job for me, yes. Is my 6s+ the fastest! phone I ever owned! yes. Blackberry never was an Apple, hell, no company has ever been an like Apple. Selling 100s of millions of high end products at huge profits. It's unbelievable. They are not going away anytime soon, if ever.

All those people so eager to complain, go buy and use another brand of device. Live with few or no updates, fractured software bloated to point of needing "specs" that should be top of line but are not performing as well as Apple home grown, low memory alternatives. That just blows my mind by the way. Try and get those devices looked at or exchanged, good luck.

If you get a bum device or lousy service I can see your frustration. I too have experienced 3 full weeks and four weekends trying to get Comcast X1 system to work. 24 calls over 60 hours on phone and 4 store visits, three sets of set top boxes, to finally find one person at Comcast that knew what they were doing and was able to get tv, Internet to work for the price they quoted. Talk about clusterf***k.

If Apple stuff is so bad you can't live with it, worst phone ever, craziest computer, etc. Vote with your wallet, buy something else. Like Apple, don't like Apple who gives a rodent's posterior. If you really think coming on here complaining to the other 0.03 percent of Apple customers that ever read this stuff, will change anything, I entreat you to send me $500,000 for a share in a bridge I am selling that connects the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. Is good deal, you get to charge a toll for everyone crossing.

Phewww, I feel better now, thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
You could go to eBay or Swappa and ask people which chip they have before purchasing. At least that way you don't have to keep buying and returning phones to the Apple Store.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008

With a statement like that, you really have no creditability. My wife used a 4s until a couple weeks ago and then went to a 5s. Both work fine for her and she had no problem with them. The only reason she switched was that I upgraded and gave her my 5s. So the 4s is not "barely capable of running" and the 6 does not "run like crap". Both my daughters have a 6 and they run fine.

Reactions: ABC5S and HEK

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
I sick of people bitching and moaning. Not enough new features. The new features are lame, whereas the innovation, the groundbreaking new devices, features. Then next thread woe is me Apple software is not supporting my device that one from five years ago whaaaaa whaaaaa. What's the matter the new software runs slow. They should support my machine because it's me, so what if the rest of world has moved on.

I have had and do have various devices, laptops, desktops. And while I claim no scientific testing statistical accuracy.....my experience has and continues to be the Mac stuff runs smoother, faster with less bugs, malware, slowdowns than my pic stuff. My phones have all run great from the 3GS, 4s, 5s, 6+, and now the 6s+.

I think 16GB is, and has been silly since the 5. Think 2GB ram is long overdue. With that said did my 5s and 6+ do the job for me, yes. Is my 6s+ the fastest! phone I ever owned! yes. Blackberry never was an Apple, hell, no company has ever been an like Apple. Selling 100s of millions of high end products at huge profits. It's unbelievable. They are not going away anytime soon, if ever.

All those people so eager to complain, go buy and use another brand of device. Live with few or no updates, fractured software bloated to point of needing "specs" that should be top of line but are not performing as well as Apple home grown, low memory alternatives. That just blows my mind by the way. Try and get those devices looked at or exchanged, good luck.

If you get a bum device or lousy service I can see your frustration. I too have experienced 3 full weeks and four weekends trying to get Comcast X1 system to work. 24 calls over 60 hours on phone and 4 store visits, three sets of set top boxes, to finally find one person at Comcast that knew what they were doing and was able to get tv, Internet to work for the price they quoted. Talk about clusterf***k.

If Apple stuff is so bad you can't live with it, worst phone ever, craziest computer, etc. Vote with your wallet, buy something else. Like Apple, don't like Apple who gives a rodent's posterior. If you really think coming on here complaining to the other 0.03 percent of Apple customers that ever read this stuff, will change anything, I entreat you to send me $500,000 for a share in a bridge I am selling that connects the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. Is good deal, you get to charge a toll for everyone crossing.

Phewww, I feel better now, thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Ditto!

Reactions: ABC5S and HEK

Bhs1975

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
With a statement like that, you really have no creditability. My wife used a 4s until a couple weeks ago and then went to a 5s. Both work fine for her and she had no problem with them. The only reason she switched was that I upgraded and gave her my 5s. So the 4s is not "barely capable of running" and the 6 does not "run like crap". Both my daughters have a 6 and they run fine.

You kidding me? The 4s is laggy as hell on the latest software.

Reactions: freedomisle

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
The 5S runs incredibly well on 9.1.

I purchased a iPhone 5S nearly a month ago. Absolutely no regrets. The form factor is by far the best on an iPhone.

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
A) There are more people using Windows XP right now than people using Macs. That's some perspective for you.
B) No, it is enough for most people. Most people stream everything.
C) Do you want iOS to be worse than the competition? Why?
D) Runs like crap? Sounds like you have a hardware issue. My 6+ ran great. Also, ditching old software in light of new software coming out means nothing.
E) That's your opinion. iOS 9 is better to me than any version I've used before it.
A) Okay, and...?
B) Maybe so, but considering how low 32GB chips cost nowadays, offering a 16GB version is very greedy from the part of Apple.
C) I don't want iOS to be worse. I want it to become as amazing as OS X is to Windows. Sadly, Apple is not going to the right direction and if they don't get a hold of themselves, Android will quickly triumph over them.
D) Alright, I'll admit. I said this blindly. I'm sorry. My point is, that Apple does not let people downgrade in any shape or form (if I'm correct, I even think a jailbreak can't do it), so if your phone was updated and now runs like crap, 2bad4u, get a new phone. Also, regarding your second point, the problem becomes when a new software would run without issue on a new OS, but doesn't just for the sake of not running and forcing people to upgrade. Tell me, do you really believe iTunes 12.3 would not work on OS X Lion? I think editing a plist or something is enough to make it work, so it's obvious they're pushing planned obsolescence.
E) Alright, it's our opinion. I didn't like anything above iOS 5 to be honest (iOS 6 and 7 a bit, but 8 and 9 not at all).

Reactions: Hal~9000

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
A) Okay, and...?
B) Maybe so, but considering how low 32GB chips cost nowadays, offering a 16GB version is very greedy from the part of Apple.
C) I don't want iOS to be worse. I want it to become as amazing as OS X is to Windows. Sadly, Apple is not going to the right direction and if they don't get a hold of themselves, Android will quickly triumph over them.
D) Alright, I'll admit. I said this blindly. I'm sorry. My point is, that Apple does not let people downgrade in any shape or form (if I'm correct, I even think a jailbreak can't do it), so if your phone was updated and now runs like crap, 2bad4u, get a new phone. Also, regarding your second point, the problem becomes when a new software would run without issue on a new OS, but doesn't just for the sake of not running and forcing people to upgrade. Tell me, do you really believe iTunes 12.3 would not work on OS X Lion? I think editing a plist or something is enough to make it work, so it's obvious they're pushing planned obsolescence.
E) Alright, it's our opinion. I didn't like anything above iOS 5 to be honest (iOS 6 and 7 a bit, but 8 and 9 not at all).

I'm entirely too tired to respond to most of this, but the Lion thing is likely more because they have a small team and want to work on as few releases as possible. Most Intel hardware would run 10.11 afaik.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
I bought today the iphone 6s plus 64 Gb. And have the samsung chipset. Its get's warm. But i dont know to turn it back.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I bought today the iphone 6s plus 64 Gb. And have the samsung chipset. Its get's warm. But i dont know to turn it back.
If it runs good there really is no reason to turn it back. Use the trial period to see how it performs first.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
If it runs good there really is no reason to turn it back. Use the trial period to see how it performs first.

In the netherlands if you open a box you can't return it in 15 days. Only return in 15 days when the box is closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.