Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

scorptim

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2022
Im so torn if I should keep the leather case from Apple or try the Sheath from Caudate for the 13PM.

Saw a review which was pretty good.

Any recommendations?

Im not so happy with the blue hint of the apple midnight.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Im so torn if I should keep the leather case from Apple or try the Sheath from Caudate for the 13PM.

Any recommendations?

I’d save your money and go with the AL. I’ve used both this year and the Sheath went back after about a days use.

scorptim

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2022
I’d save your money and go with the AL. I’ve used both this year and the Sheath went back after about a days use.
Oh wow that doesn't sound very good! Probably also might try the green or the silicone case from apple then...

Thanks

autostadt2000

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2020

Any recommendations?

For certain a personal preference, but I am on Team Sheath. The best case for me and I have a 13PM. I had the Apple leather for my 12PM (same case design), dropped it once, case popped off and damaged my phone. They are lighter than Sheath and of course leather, but not like the pre 12 leather - cheaper feeling to me and no lip around edges to keep phone intact. I've already dropped my 13PM in Sheath and no damage to case or phone. You'll see all kinds of reviews on both and they both have good return policy if you try each out and decide to return one.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Ok I’ll order black and grey - weight isn’t a problem as i got the Max anyway.

ed96e9185bdac430910c3b67408e138a.jpg

Gray is my favorite! I know the sheath has very polar opposite reviews on here. Some people love it and some seem to hate it but I love it. It’s the perfect case in my opinion. Hopefully you enjoy it!

scorptim

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2022
ed96e9185bdac430910c3b67408e138a.jpg

Gray is my favorite! I know the sheath has very polar opposite reviews on here. Some people love it and some seem to hate it but I love it. It’s the perfect case in my opinion. Hopefully you enjoy it!
Wow the grey looks really good!

Ingot the graphite so I won’t have that special pop out with the camera but I think this will still look good.
I will give a feedback for sure.

Reactions: JBlass421

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Wow the grey looks really good!

Ingot the graphite so I won’t have that special pop out with the camera but I think this will still look good.
I will give a feedback for sure.

1b6fdc51fd61e85ca07ef9d676eaaebe.jpg

My wife has the Graphite and Black Sheath and I do have to say I prefer Black/Graphite over Gray/Graphite. The Black contrasts better with Graphite. These are just opinions of course. Black with Sierra Blue is nice as well!

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Might cave and get a Sheath. Only debate is what color would look better on a silver 13 PM…Mesa Blue or Camo Green?

Any opinions?

The thing about Silver is that it can match up with any case really. It all boils down to preference. I love Camo Green and Mesa Blue wasn’t really my flow but Mesa Blue paired up with Silver seems like it would be a great pairing. For the blues, Navy in my opinion would look awesome with Silver.

Reactions: Sinistah

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
The thing about Silver is that it can match up with any case really. It all boils down to preference. I love Camo Green and Mesa Blue wasn’t really my flow but Mesa Blue paired up with Silver seems like it would be a great pairing. For the blues, Navy in my opinion would look awesome with Silver.
Hmm I was looking at the navy as well but it looks a lot darker then I would like in some pictures. Almost black really. I’ve owned a black and gray sheath so want to try out one of the fun colors but it’s proving hard to pick ha.

Reactions: JBlass421

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Hmm I was looking at the navy as well but it looks a lot darker then I would like in some pictures. Almost black really. I’ve owned a black and gray sheath so want to try out one of the fun colors but it’s proving hard to pick ha.

086144991622f33b3b92101e63628db3.jpg

2aa956d23e195c10fd53857488e7e957.jpg

Yea Navy is dark but it is a very nice deep blue color. Different vibe than black but still on the darker side for sure.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
it is for what the case is, very noticeable v apple leather

I don’t get the continual complaint about the weight of this case. It’s mere grams we’re talking about here. Not once have I thought to myself this case and my phone feel too heavy. But hey to each their own. Not knocking your complaint I just don’t see how that’s a total deal breaker for most people except for you and maybe a few others who feel the same way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.