Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I ordered the Spigen Ultra Hyrid clear case until the Caudabe Lucid Clear Celestial Blue case ships. My Caudabe Synthesis Celestial Blue will be delivered tomorrow.

IMG_0123.png

Attachments

• IMG_0120.png
    IMG_0120.png
    999.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0122.png
    IMG_0122.png
    603 KB · Views: 96

orangecrushv

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Dallas
Anyone find a good bumper cases yet? I found one aluminum one (AOPNN brand) on Amazon and then the Rhinoshield ones (which are too bulky)…

Radeon962

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2020
I usually buy a bunch of cases to try but I always end up with a Pitaka case and the other cases sit in a drawer. This year I pre-ordered the Pitaka MagEZ Case 4 for my Pro Max. Case arrived today, so now just waiting until next Friday for my phone to arrive.

Reactions: walds11

PJM83

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Stockholm
Well I ordered the new iPhone 15 Pro Max. I always go for carbon fiber ones, or one that resembles that. For now I ordered 3 from Amazon. Will always be on the lookout for a good case. Probably will return all of those since not much reviews are available.

Brandless
PITAKA
BENKS

Anyone can recommend a nice carbon, minimalistic case for the new Pro Max?
The pitaka cases are great, they've been doing them for years. One of the best ones out there.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Wondering the same thing. Horween makes great stuff but if the regular leather is fine I’ll save the extra money.
i think the horween is delicate and scratches and scuffs easily. you’ll get a patina look quickly while the regular leather is a little more durable.

Reactions: Mrs. Jobs

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
Went with the ESR Clear Dark Blue magsafe with kickstand case first for my Blue Titanium (ordered along with a Spigen screen protector). Will try to limit my case purchasing this time (hardly used the Apple leather, and Nomad cases for my 14 PM after I got the Caudabe Synthesis).

Late to the party, but I too, don’t believe @Hooterville regarding limiting the cases-purchasing 😆.

Attachments

• IMG_4124.jpeg
    IMG_4124.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
This is the one I ordered. Gorgeous! Also in love with orange but I feel like I’ll stick with guava.

Same, I was tempted on the orange but currently have similar color on my 12PM so decided to go with this one. Glad I did! Looks even better in person and I’m sure will pop more in sunlight.

globule

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2015
I wasn't planning on getting a Pitaka case this time as I received multiple defective ones for the 13 Pro, but they contacted me and told me they would cover my purchase if I posted an Amazon review, so I'll give them a shot again. The improvements this year look nice; I just hope I don't get one with a crummy fit.

Also, just wanted to say I think it's kind of ridiculous that Mous has some of the most expensive cases and they've now added a second logo to them. :rolleyes:

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
The sides of the Finewoven still very much resemble the old leather case; I have a feeling if the rest of the case looked like that too there wouldn’t be as many complaints; time will tell if the cardboard-like back of the case was a good idea or not

B1F32657-9D40-4688-973A-E8A30CD734EE.jpeg

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Brought home 2x FineWoven PM cases and a Wallet. Still don't know how or what I feel about them...maybe that's a sign they aren't for me? Or maybe they'll grow on me?

Anyways, I know there's enough review vids out there, but I'm not a paid pro either. Some thoughts:
- The FineWoven material is more silky feeling than I expected. More "fragile" feeling to me. I was expecting a little more of a cottony-twill fabric (like on chinos) I guess.
- They do seem like they may stain easier than leather.
- You can see the color/picture on the packaging looks nothing like their true color.
- I agree with @Arcontia that the sides are very close to that leather feel and material, but "Pleather" or "Vegan Leather" really.
- The buttons are nice and similar quality as the Leather cases
- Size wise: I stood them vertically and the 15PM case is about 1-1.5mm shorter. And width wise, the 15PM case is about 1mm narrower.
- The sleep/power button is quite a bit lower on the 15PM.
- The Volume and action buttons are about the same as the 14PM case.
- My food scale (best I got) says the 15PM case is 1gram lighter.
- With a slight twist or torsion along the long axis, the FineWoven feels more rigid than the leather (a plus in my book).

I bought these to put on a Blue Titanium PM. I was going for a Blue PM - Blue FW Case - Midnight Wallet (leather), or a Blue PM - Black FW case - Blue FW Wallet kinda setup.

No idea if I'll keep these yet.

Attachments

• IMG_7720.jpeg
    IMG_7720.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_7718.jpeg
    IMG_7718.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7716.jpeg
    IMG_7716.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7724.jpeg
    IMG_7724.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7723.jpeg
    IMG_7723.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7725.jpeg
    IMG_7725.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7722.jpeg
    IMG_7722.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7717.jpeg
    IMG_7717.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7719.jpeg
    IMG_7719.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7710.jpeg
    IMG_7710.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_7711.jpeg
    IMG_7711.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_7713.jpeg
    IMG_7713.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7708.jpeg
    IMG_7708.jpeg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7709.jpeg
    IMG_7709.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7712.jpeg
    IMG_7712.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7715.jpeg
    IMG_7715.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7714.jpeg
    IMG_7714.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 103

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Brought home 2x FineWoven PM cases and a Wallet. Still don't know how or what I feel about them...maybe that's a sign they aren't for me? Or maybe they'll grow on me?

Anyways, I know there's enough review vids out there, but I'm not a paid pro either. Some thoughts:
- The FineWoven material is more silky feeling than I expected. More "fragile" feeling to me. I was expecting a little more of a cottony-twill fabric (like on chinos) I guess.
- You can see the color/picture on the packaging looks nothing like their true color.
- I agree with @Arcontia that the sides are very close to that leather feel and material, but "Pleather" or "Vegan Leather" really.
- Size wise: I stood them vertically and the 15PM case is about 1-1.5mm shorter. And width wise, the 15PM case is about 1mm narrower.
- With a slight twist or torsion along the long axis, the FineWoven feels more rigid than the leather (a plus in my book).

I bought these to put on a Blue Titanium PM. I was going for a Blue PM - Blue FW Case - Midnight Wallet (leather), or a Blue PM - Black FW case - Blue FW Wallet kinda setup.

Great photos. I think apple made a mistake mentioning their new finewoven line in the same breath they mentioned ending their leather line. One doesn’t seem like a replacement for the other. It’s a bit odd then to see everyone comparing the two, but I can understand why..

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos. Keen to know if you’ll keep it once your new phone arrives and you use the case regularly

Reactions: bevsb2 and julit0

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Ordered a Bellroy leather case for my 15 Pro…

Full leather, slim and basically what Apple would have made, albeit with higher quality leather.

9e85014d993af16770032d37115087a1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dudeski and julit0

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Ordered a Bellroy leather case for my 15 Pro…

Full leather, slim and basically what Apple would have made, albeit with higher quality leather.

9e85014d993af16770032d37115087a1.jpg
Looks nice but I don’t like the logo. Might go with Andar instead. I liked my Ryan of London case a ton last year but want a closed bottom this time for the aesthetic.

Reactions: julit0

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
Great photos. I think apple made a mistake mentioning their new finewoven line in the same breath they mentioned ending their leather line. One doesn’t seem like a replacement for the other. It’s a bit odd then to see everyone comparing the two, but I can understand why..
I mean it’s priced the same and was announced during a segment about ending leather use. of course we’re comparing

Reactions: Legendary---

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
those colors are terrible
Personally I like them better than the leather case colours that were made available with my current 13 Pro; two years later ultimately I never truly liked any of them, biggest mistake was they didn’t make one to directly match the flagship Sierra Blue.

IMG_7431.jpeg

At least here, the Pacific Blue will directly match Blue Titanium (and same with Taupe and Natural Titanium)

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Looks nice but I don’t like the logo. Might go with Andar instead. I liked my Ryan of London case a ton last year but want a closed bottom this time for the aesthetic.
Code “Techtee” from the YouTuber will get you 15% off on Andar. He had a good review and comparison to the Nomad case from Oct 2022 and a follow up review Feb 2023 after 3 month’s use.

I ordered an Andar Aspen in Camel Tan as I’m trying to match the leather to my Ridge wallet.
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.32.57 PM.png

IMG_7283.jpeg

Reactions: cannono and 28Gauge

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Got mine today in blue to go with my blue titanium 15pm. First time running a clear case. Always went with a black symmetry or apple silicone. The case feels great and it’s really thin. Now can’t wait for the phone to come.
I’ve heard Otterbox Defender cases scratch the phone. Will edit this post later to include that post

Reactions: richxps

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I’m trying the Benks Armor Air this year. With the Pro Max I want the absolute thinnest and lightest case I can get without it being a piece of useless plastic, and it seems like aramid fiber is the best candidate for thin but strong. And I do want a case that has open sections for the buttons because case buttons are always so hit and miss, but still wanted coverage on the top and bottom and the Benks has all of that. And it’s way cheaper than Mous or Pitaka.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.C

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Got mine today in blue to go with my blue titanium 15pm. First time running a clear case. Always went with a black symmetry or apple silicone. The case feels great and it’s really thin. Now can’t wait for the phone to come.
Could you post some pics? I was going to go with the apple clear case before I realised after looking at reviews of the older phones, there’s no protection for the bottom of the phone which is dumb.

I want the lumen case but am hoping it’s not flashy, I want to see the phone inside the case. The previous gen seems to have this weird sparkly effect, does the new one have that?

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
Apple orange sorbet silicone case. The orange color makes finding my iPhone much easier when I can't remember where I put it down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.