Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Anyone had experience with Benks Armor Pro with 14 Pro / 14 Pro Max?

was wondering whether the sides are slippery and the back is easily smudged with fingerprints ...

undecided between Caudabe Sheath and Benks Armor Pro

one down side for Caudabe Sheath is that I'm not from US so I'm not entitled for the button cover version if I purchased from local reseller
It all depends on your hands with the Benks. I don’t have dry hands or moist hands so to me the grip is just fine. I would say try it out because things are going to feel different to different people.

Reactions: AE14

fifoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2021
Melbourne, AU
Mujjo 15PM from Amazon Au.

IMG_1797.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg
IMG_1793.jpeg
IMG_1795.jpeg
IMG_1794.jpeg

JerseyJon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
Reactions: Hooterville

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
It all depends on your hands with the Benks. I don’t have dry hands or moist hands so to me the grip is just fine. I would say try it out because things are going to feel different to different people.
yeah I'm still undecided between Benks Armor Pro vs Caudabe Sheath ...

Reactions: Ta0jin

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
You really can’t go wrong with either in my experience.
Benks - Have button covers but potential finger magnet
Caudabe - Only cutout for action button but no fingerprints (I'm not from US and order direct from Caudabe costs alot)

will appreciate your opinion which 1 is better in terms of convenience :)

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Yeah that part I wasn’t that excited about when I went down to the headquarters. Trust me if I had control over it I would’ve for sure added a button so I get those that are upset about that. I told them that the button is going to be preferred but they along with the other brands who are leaving it thinks it’s going to be ok. I guess we have to see when we get the iPhones in.
I hope they rethink that. I love their cases - high quality leather, smells amazing, ages beautifully and they have fantastic customer support but not having a button there just seems like they want to rush to market

Yandawg

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2019
Anyone get the Pitaka StarPeak MagEZ 4? These two patterns would look so good with the Blue Ti

View attachment 2265130 View attachment 2265131
I ordered the one that looks like mountains for my blue ti. I think it will look awesome! at first I thought they sucked. I have had the black/gray cases from Pitaka for the last couple of years. I wanted something different and I think this will be look a lot better while still being lightweight,

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Pitaka MagEz Pro 4 in today. Fingerprints and no padding on the back of the metal buttons aside, this is one SWEET case. The quality and build of this case is top notch. Here are a couple quick pics using an iPad for a camera.

View attachment 2265129 View attachment 2265134 View attachment 2265137 View attachment 2265141 View attachment 2265142
I wonder if this is going to play well with the titanium. I’ve seen a lot of pictures of the titanium on the Ultra getting beat up around the screen but it may be because of the polished bezel.

Reactions: Teach8870

newb-sasquatch

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Alabama
So far I have ordered the FineWoven (FW) in Taupe and the Torras Magnetic in blue for my 15PM. They each have their flaws in my opinion. I've already read all the negative issues with the FW so not looking for feedback on that one but I've never used a Torras case and was interested in what others' feedback has been on them. The first thing that jumps out at me are the buttons. Can anybody that has used this case before comment on how the buttons are? I know they won't have the same feedback as a true mechanical button like on the FW but are they fairly responsive? I like that the case has a kickstand on it and was thinking I might use the case on trips. @andymodem , I think a saw you post earlier on in this thread you had this case. I'd love to hear your feedback about the buttons if you don't mind. Going to wait till after I get a phone in it as well to make a final decision of course.

I may still get a third to try, I liked those ESR cases you guys were showing with the built in stand but it looks like the blue 15PM one is sold out now. My prior phone had a nomad leather case which was very solid but it didn't have the mechanical buttons. Looks like Nomad upgraded this year though so that could be another contender but honestly the Mujjo cases I just discovered (thanks to this thread) look pretty sick and buttons look to be premium. May end up going that route and returning one of the two pictured.

Thanks again everyone for all of your recommendations. Great thread!! Can't wait till Friday!!

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 105
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Boardiesboi

newb-sasquatch

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Alabama
Not gonna lie, I just ordered one of these after seeing your pictures. Could it be that this actually feels as good as it looks? To my eyes this looks very close to the Apple leather case from last year… plus their listing says the case weighs only around 20 grams which is 10 less than the FineWoven!
I'm about to order as well! LOL.

fifoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2021
Melbourne, AU
Not gonna lie, I just ordered one of these after seeing your pictures. Could it be that this actually feels as good as it looks? To my eyes this looks very close to the Apple leather case from last year… plus their listing says the case weighs only around 20 grams which is 10 less than the FineWoven!
That’s one of the reasons I ordered this one. It is very close to the Apple one. Light too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.