Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Thanks again. So far I’m leaning towards Ryan London because their specs are pretty much exactly the same as the Sheath and Andar seems more chunky according to the specs.

Below in mm

Sheath

Ryan London

Andar
Wow that explains why I enjoy using my Ryan London more than I do the andar lol

Reactions: off2marz

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Can you post a pic?
Of course:

15 Pro Max Garnet Red left and 14 Pro Max Crimson Red on right.

IMG_2485.jpeg

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Thanks again. So far I’m leaning towards Ryan London because their specs are pretty much exactly the same as the Sheath and Andar seems more chunky according to the specs.

Below in mm

Sheath

Ryan London

Andar
I love my Andar but now I need a Ryan London too 😳

I’m assuming the Ryan London measurements are for their closed bottom (?)

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Just ordered Ryan London in saddle brown closed bottom. Reason I chose RL is because RL is pretty much exact dimensions as the Sheath. Andar and Bullstrap are chunkier.

Last edited:
Reactions: off2marz

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
My Ryan London closed bottom feels great but it has that gap where you can see light through the USB hole and I know it’s not a big deal and a lot of cases have it but I just can’t stop looking at it
I’m getting the saddle brown, what color do you have?

landonalder

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
My Ryan London closed bottom feels great but it has that gap where you can see light through the USB hole and I know it’s not a big deal and a lot of cases have it but I just can’t stop looking at it
@Prospekt I had the same issue with my black closed bottom RL case. I ended up returning it for that reason because I couldn't stop noticing it

Juicy Yuuji

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2024
So is Phone Rebel done for this generation of iPhones?
I expected a Navy Blue Gen 5 Frosted or Aramid case to go with the Blue Titanium phones.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Latest Caudabe Sheath update for anyone interested.

After complaining the revised action button was still poor, they said it must have been faulty and sent another.

The ‘another’ arrived today… the action button is still not good.

Had enough now, done with them this year.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Super nitpicky of me with this but here’s a photo to describe what i mean
Thanks for that. I emailed RL to let them know. They didn’t send it out yet. If that’s a possibility with mine I’ll get the open bottom as long as it’s the same specs.

• Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Latest Caudabe Sheath update for anyone interested.

After complaining the revised action button was still poor, they said it must have been faulty and sent another.

The ‘another’ arrived today… the action button is still not good.

Had enough now, done with them this year.
Thanks for the update. I had the same with two replacements.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Super nitpicky of me with this but here’s a photo to describe what i mean
So you’re saying and by the pic when phone is installed the part of the usb port opening can be seen?

I’m confused, how does usb cable fit in there? Cause if you can see usb opening when the phone is installed and looking at it from the front, it would mean that a cable wouldn’t fit in because of a misalignment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surfsalot

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
So you’re saying and by the pic when phone is installed the part of the usb port opening can be seen?

I’m confused, how does usb cable fit in there? Cause if you can see usb opening when the phone is installed and looking at it from the front, it would mean that a cable wouldn’t fit in because of a misalignment.
The pic is looking straight on. The usb cable fits fine in the port. But you can see the light come through between the lip of the case and the phone itself at the bottom where the port opening is (like there’s a small gap)

FWIW my fine woven had the same gap

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.