Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Ridge is in the iPhone case business now. They came out with three new cases, two leather options and one kevlar option. They look pretty good! Hopefully reviews for them will surface soon!

035c0fff7f51639937a535a89f66e299.jpg

Man, that has potential! I’ve all but given up on leather cases this year but this looks thin enough that it may be close to the Apple leather cases of last year.

Reactions: JBlass421

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Is a black leather Mous limited a dumb idea? new but 1/2 retail price off FBM here.
The Limitless is a very well made case, but it’s sharp on the back edge which makes it uncomfortable in the hand for some people, myself included. It’s hard to say if it would be an issue for you without trying it yourself.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
The Limitless is a very well made case, but it’s sharp on the back edge which makes it uncomfortable in the hand for some people, myself included. It’s hard to say if it would be an issue for you without trying it yourself.
I have a 14 pro carbon one here I used didnt notice it , the 15 max is sharper? Think there was bulging with magsafe too?
So many posts on here.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I have a 14 pro carbon one here I used didnt notice it , the 15 max is sharper? Think there was bulging with magsafe too?
So many posts on here.
Not sure. Perhaps it feels sharper because the phone is larger which causes your hand to wrap around the back at a more acute angle, or perhaps it is actually sharper. Some complain about it, others don’t.

Hooterville complained about a MagSafe bulge on his leather Limitless.

Reactions: Surfsalot

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Found the brown cactus in stock at a local Verizon store. Very impressed with the build and feel, but the sides are very loose on my 15PM which mean they make a squeaky sound every time I grab the phone. It’s going back tomorrow.

I did go ahead and order the new Ridge brown leather case. If anyone get their hands on one before I do, please post some shots.

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia

Uniq Keva casing is pretty good. Better quality than Benks ArmorPro but slightly heavier.

Price wise it's good if there's a deal/sales

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Found the brown cactus in stock at a local Verizon store. Very impressed with the build and feel, but the sides are very loose on my 15PM which mean they make a squeaky sound every time I grab the phone. It’s going back tomorrow.

I did go ahead and order the new Ridge brown leather case. If anyone get their hands on one before I do, please post some shots.
Bummer about the loose sides and resulting squeak. One of my FineWoven cases does the same and it‘s pretty annoying. Between that and the air gap above the port, I may have to give the cactus a pass. Fit wise, the Synthesis is still #1 in my book.

IMG_2104.jpeg

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

My sides are not loose but I did hear that creak sound on my black one. After a day or so of use the sound stopped and thankfully it has not been back to bother me since.

jedi31780

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2023
I just bought a black OtterBox Cactus yesterday and so far I love it. Mine has a bump on the charger port area. The gap is there but this is a thin case and feels really nice in the hands. Does anyone else who owns this case have that slight bump?

Reactions: Hooterville

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Bummer about the loose sides and resulting squeak. One of my FineWoven cases does the same and it‘s pretty annoying. Between that and the air gap above the port, I may have to give the cactus a pass. Fit wise, the Synthesis is still #1 in my book.

View attachment 2376546

The Synthesis in gray has been on my phone for months and my ultimate case until the 16 Pro Max, checks all the boxes for me and is perfect.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I just bought a black OtterBox Cactus yesterday and so far I love it. Mine has a bump on the charger port area. The gap is there but this is a thin case and feels really nice in the hands. Does anyone else who owns this case have that slight bump?
I had a slight bump by my volume button on the black one so I exchanged it at Verizon and the new one seems fine. My new brown has a couple tiny shiny spots on the back but not worth exchanging over. I don't think any of these Cactus cases are perfect.

Reactions: VSMacOne and Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.