Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
What is the best case for the 15 Pro Max that is not slippery at the back and does not hurt your pinky finger?
I have tried a few cases like the Mous Limitless, Phone Rebel Gen 5 and found them too slippery and not comfortable at all. The 15 Pro Max is a big phone so comfort is important. I also didn't like the rough feel of the Caudabe Sheath and ended up selling it...
Any other options please?
This case is very much like the Apple Silicone without the dust collection. I have it on my 13PM and use it more than my Apple Silicone case. Caseology is owned by Spigen.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
This case is very much like the Apple Silicone without the dust collection. I have it on my 13PM and use it more than my Apple Silicone case. Caseology is owned by Spigen.

Does this case offer good protection and is it a tight fit?

phrekaru

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2017
Medellin, Antioquia

How about the fingerprints?

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
How about the fingerprints?
I would say on par with the Apple Silicone case or any other smooth feeling case. I usually wipe it with rubbing alcohol every few weeks and it looks and feels new again. Hopefully these images help. I just wiped it on my shirt before taking them. Hopefully the iPad photos are good enough quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 48

eisho

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2016
I've settled with the Satchel & Page so I'm looking to sell all my other cases as a bundle (9 in total). That includes Nomad Horween, Andar Aspen, Finewoven, Sheath, Moft, Spigen MagFit, Otterbox Symmetry, Smartish Gripmunk, Rebel Frosted.

Willing to sell for a fraction of the original price, just PM me.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Clicks update: Starting to think Steve was on to something regarding virtual keyboards.

If Michael decided to make a sliding version, though...
I had to take my phone out of it today. I wanted to use it as a weapon too much. Jokes aside, typing on virtual keyboards has become so normal it’s hard to go back. Layer in swiping and it’s not even close. Toggling between emojis etc. is maddening. I don’t think the keyboard quality is great either, nothing near the caliber of the late model blackberries etc.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
I had to take my phone out of it today. I wanted to use it as a weapon too much. Jokes aside, typing on virtual keyboards has become so normal it’s hard to go back. Layer in swiping and it’s not even close. Toggling between emojis etc. is maddening. I don’t think the keyboard quality is great either, nothing near the caliber of the late model blackberries etc.

I thought the quality was great! It's the integration (or lack thereof) with iOS that throws me off. Telegram absolutely flips it's s*** if I dare to try to send a sticker with this thing on. Same with photos in Messages. Like you said yourself - emojis are a nightmare.

I love the idea, but iOS does not let them stick the landing. Not to mention the primal urge to bonk my enemies with my enlongened phone.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I don’t know about protection as I have never dropped my phone. On my 13PM the fit is tight and I have had no issues using it in the past year or two.
This is the case right on Amazon UK?
Saves me buying it directly from their website and paying a lot for delivery

Why is it soo cheap though? Most good cases cost £40 at least, and this case is only £20 which makes me think will it not hold up over time?

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
This is the case right on Amazon UK?
Saves me buying it directly from their website and paying a lot for delivery

Why is it soo cheap though? Most good cases cost £40 at least, and this case is only £20 which makes me think will it not hold up over time?
If you want grip maybe consider the dbrand grip case

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Just for kicks I created a spreadsheet to rate the cases in my current collection. I used five criteria and assigned each case a value of 1 through 8, with lower values being better. The PR Gen 5 came out on top, the Apple FW at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This is all highly subjective; I don’t expect anyone to agree with the overall rankings or the individual category rankings. If your case placed near the bottom, please don’t take it as a personal affront. The overall rankings don’t even perfectly line up with my own preferences.

View attachment 2339796

I need a table like this for the weight of cases lol

Reactions: Zensō

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
How does the back of the case of feel, not just the sides?
There’s not many cases with grip on the back unfortunately, but depending on what skin you go with it can have some texture or very smooth, I believe matrix or swarm has texture on the skin which would provide some grip on the back. I use my 15PM caseless a lot and don’t have any issues with grip even one handed use

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
For those of you who have the celestial blue caudabe, would you say it's a navy blue/close to a navy blue?

jedi31780

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2023
No. I kept it. Not nearly as bad an issue as I thought.

Just got a black PR Air2. Have to give that an appropriate run. For the price- it’s seems solid
The MagSafe ring started to show on my blue one I bought. Debating returning.

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
Man, I’ve tried to switch to multiple cases but the apple silicone just keeps drawing me back. I just wish they ordered a navy blue case :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.