Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I might try the Spigen Ultra Hybrid 360 iPhone XS MAX Case (2018) Tempered Glass Screen Protector
61mg7sEEF4L._SL400_.jpg

I ordered this as well and it came yesterday.

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
It gets harder and harder to find film (non-glass) screen protectors every year, no luck so far.
They do exist, but I know what you mean, non glass are going very out of date. However, I can see why. To be honest, I don't know why anybody bothers with non-glass anymore. Especially on expensive phones like this, I wouldn't dare take my phone anywhere without one. How come you still look for the non-glass ones?

Scarlet Siren

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Edinburgh
Whoah dude, that looks super smart! I had a look for them on amazon, but every time i search iPhone XS Max, I keep getting a bunch of iPhone X stuff come up. However I think I've found the one you showed me here finally. I think this is it...
https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-XS-Ma...444C/keywords=iphone+xs+max+screen+protectors

Can you confirm it's the same one?

Ordered! Thanks for the person who shared the link. I've been looking for a screen protector and case to show off the new Gold Xs Max. There's so many choices, you've been a great help.

a reader

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2018
It gets harder and harder to find film (non-glass) screen protectors every year, no luck so far.
I think these are PET film: https://smile.amazon.com/iCarez-Protector-6-5-Inch-Friendly-Replacement/dp/B07GQY45WR
Also, I ordered a Silk case & it came with a free film protector. I was surprised when I found it in the box; I guess I overlooked that info on the product page. Here’s a link to their cases: https://www.amazon.com/stores/Silk/iPhone+X-XS-XS+Max/page/00F3B5E9-1FC0-4177-8329-C3C312B92ED7

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
”Warning - Reproductive harm”? So I guess Zagg is out for me then

In the state of California everything causes cancer. The 20-30 mins I spent removing the stickum from a new car window sticker : "This new car may cause cancer and reproductive harm" probably caused more cancer than the car itself.

Every Starbucks in CA has a "This locality may cause cancer!" warnings.

Hell, just breathing in Los Angeles may cause cancer. <sigh>. Soon we'll have warnings about how just living in LA may cause cancer every 6 ft in California.

Last edited:

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
”Warning - Reproductive harm”? So I guess Zagg is out for me then
Yeah I was going to say - it's the required warning in California (Prop 65). Same as the poster above, I see that on everything now, our TVs, lithium batteries, a darn water bottle....anything and everything.

Its on the ATT site, other mobiles - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1085305

Its even mentioned in Apple Watch documentation, by law they HAVE to slap this Cali. Prop 65 act on almost everything.
https://www.apple.com/support/assets/docs/products/watch/Restricted_Chemicals_for_Wearables.pdf , Other Apple products. https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/pdf/Apple-Regulated-Substance-Specification.pdf

So...yeah the way I see it, (and sorry to be a downer) basically everything causes cancer. I don't need a warning sticker to let me know..

Reactions: BigMcGuire

ssvsgod

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2014
Heads up, go to your local Apple store if you want the belkin, they have them in stock, saw that it was marked as available for pick up today, cancelled my online order, walked in and got one, just gonna install it at home when fedex drops off the phone

Attachments

• D73FE95B-89B9-42F1-B0EC-4F44580E2639.jpeg
    D73FE95B-89B9-42F1-B0EC-4F44580E2639.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 352

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I picked up the armor edge from Best Buy. I thought it was nice that you can replace them in store for free.

ArkieBiker

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Arkansas
Reactions: BrianSoCal

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Just ordered the Belkin Invisiglass off the Apple site, before it gets back-ordered etc.

So if I order it tonight for pickup at a store tomorrow - and want them to install it - do I walk back in with the belkin & my XS Max on Saturday? Or can I just delay pickup of belkin until Sat and walk in with my phone? And do I need to make an appt? So many questions...

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
So if I order it tonight for pickup at a store tomorrow - and want them to install it - do I walk back in with the belkin & my XS Max on Saturday? Or can I just delay pickup of belkin until Sat and walk in with my phone? And do I need to make an appt? So many questions...
I would delay it until you get your phone. I have never made an appointment for a screen protector install. It just take a few minutes, although you might have to wait a few minutes etc. With it being release day, you can make an appointment but, you would still have to wait. Result the same.

I just saw it was available for pickup as well. I ordered a pickup the night the phones went on sale. I will be heading to the Apple store Friday night to do the same thing. Hopefully, I can catch my UPS guy at work and have him hand me my phone, instead of waiting for the same guy to deliver to the house a few miles down the road, which will make me have to wait several more hours.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
Wonder will apple have the belkin screen protectors they install with the special machines. Picking my phone up first thing tomorrow morning and I usually get them to install one immediately.

acarney

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007
I used this FULL SCREEN protector from iCarez on my iPhone X and it's the best screen protector I have ever used on any of my iPhones. They are now available for the Xr, Xs, and Xs Max at a very reasonable cost. Again...this is full cover with curved edges...you can't tell it's even on the phone...I recommend highly.

https://www.amazon.com/iCarez-Cover...pID=51EzJPlAHzL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

What I hate about these companies is they do a very poor job of explaining exactly what their product is. I purchased the exact same thing, except iCarez explains it as “3D Full Coverage” instead of just “Full coverage”. So either yours doesn’t have curves edges (not cover 100% of the display) or mine doesn’t, or I got the exact same thing as you, but paid twice as much....

Reactions: BrianSoCal

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
I used this FULL SCREEN protector from iCarez on my iPhone X and it's the best screen protector I have ever used on any of my iPhones. They are now available for the Xr, Xs, and Xs Max at a very reasonable cost. Again...this is full cover with curved edges...you can't tell it's even on the phone...I recommend highly.

https://www.amazon.com/iCarez-Cover...pID=51EzJPlAHzL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I got icarez as well. Except I got the edge to edge version, and not the case friendly version that you listed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GR5FJ6W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vpYOBbJYJKJTN
[doublepost=1537419446][/doublepost]
What I hate about these companies is they do a very poor job of explaining exactly what their product is. I purchased the exact same thing, except iCarez explains it as “3D Full Coverage” instead of just “Full coverage”. So either yours doesn’t have curves edges (not cover 100% of the display) or mine doesn’t, or I got the exact same thing as you, but paid twice as much....

If you got the one I just posted. Then I believe it goes to the edges a tiny bit farther. That's just a guess. Since the cheaper one says case friendly

t76turbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
I ordered the bodyguardz pure screen protector. Confirmed with a rep that they would ship and be here by the phone release day but now 1 day before the phone gets here it hasn’t shipped.

Talked to a rep again and they confirmed there was a delay. Asked if they could upgrade shipping to get it here a little quicker and but they wouldn’t so canceled. They pulled this same crap with the X and I gave them another chance.

May go by apple today and pick up a Belkin version like suggested above.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012

guitarwiz23

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011
I ordered the bodyguardz pure screen protector. Confirmed with a rep that they would ship and be here by the phone release day but now 1 day before the phone gets here it hasn’t shipped.

Talked to a rep again and they confirmed there was a delay. Asked if they could upgrade shipping to get it here a little quicker and but they wouldn’t so canceled. They pulled this same crap with the X and I gave them another chance.

May go by apple today and pick up a Belkin version like suggested above.

When did you order? I ordered on 9/13. Opted for standard shipping since I had ordered some cheap Orzly ones from Amazon to hold me over. Sent an email to find out about when shipping would happen for pre-orders as I was trying to get them for release day and they said they were trying their hardest to get them out in time for release. Mine are out for delivery today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.