Which iPhone XS Max Screen Protector?

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I think 99% of tempered glass screen protectors are similar enough that it doesn't matter which one you get. The biggest difference seems to be that some cover the rounded edges of the screen while others do not. The ones that cover the rounder edges of the screen may not be compatible with all cases. One thing i do always look for is that the screen protector comes with an installation frame. My first experience with the frame was last year on my X and the installation was perfectly placed. Won't buy a screen protector that does not include this ever again!

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
So I ordered a screen protector and it was delivered today but it's not in my mailbox. Wtf. We will see if it comes tomorrow....

t76turbo

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
When did you order? I ordered on 9/13. Opted for standard shipping since I had ordered some cheap Orzly ones from Amazon to hold me over. Sent an email to find out about when shipping would happen for pre-orders as I was trying to get them for release day and they said they were trying their hardest to get them out in time for release. Mine are out for delivery today.

I ordered on the 14th. Mine hadnt even hit the mail as of my posting my original reply.

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
I bought the icarez 3d full coverage screen protector. Safe to say I'm not too impressed. There's a bunch of spots where it looks like the glue won't properly adhere. I'll give it a day or so and try the second one. If that doesn't work I'll have to contact them or Amazon and seek out a refund.

Sorry for the not so good picture. But I wanted to capture all the bubbles and it's the best I could do lol.

Attachments

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I bought the icarez 3d full coverage screen protector. Safe to say I'm not too impressed. There's a bunch of spots where it looks like the glue won't properly adhere. I'll give it a day or so and try the second one. If that doesn't work I'll have to contact them or Amazon and seek out a refund.

Sorry for the not so good picture. But I wanted to capture all the bubbles and it's the best I could do lol.
I ordered that too. Was the application easy? Sometimes the bubbles go away over time.

How’s the actual fullscreen coverage? Does it blend in with the front?

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
I ordered that too. Was the application easy? Sometimes the bubbles go away over time.

How’s the actual fullscreen coverage? Does it blend in with the front?
The install trey makes it very very easy.

The coverage is about as perfect as you're gonna find. It blends in very well and you can't even tell it's on there

Reactions: Truefan31

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
The install trey makes it very very easy.

The coverage is about as perfect as you're gonna find. It blends in very well and you can't even tell it's on there
nice. hopefully it works out for both of us. Do you find it's case friendly?

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
I went with the ESR glass protectors and to my surprise it went on so smoothly. I usually buy two so I know I can botch the first one. The ESR ones don’t have a cut out and immediately adhered to the screen with just one push to the centre. Easy to position and case friendly.

I also have the icarez full coverage coming as I liked it with my X but might just have to out them away for now.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
They do exist, but I know what you mean, non glass are going very out of date. However, I can see why. To be honest, I don't know why anybody bothers with non-glass anymore. Especially on expensive phones like this, I wouldn't dare take my phone anywhere without one. How come you still look for the non-glass ones?
True edge to edge protection and no added weight.

Buckeye2009

macrumors member
May 10, 2017
Columbus, OH

I bought this too and had the same bubbles, but I kept at it and all the bubbles disappeared. I would post a pic but I don't have extra camera to take pic.

Gustie

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
Bristol
I’m still waiting for a good full screen privacy protector. Just installed this one, good privacy but the bottom edge is sharp. Feel it every time I swipe up and rest the bottom of the phone on my pinky. I don’t recommend it:

Screen Protector Compatible with iPhone Xs Max https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8BSTJ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bQMPBbMF3XWPB
Full screen ones are crap. Becuase of the curved screen of the iphone to cover the edges you need to use TPU which will break easily. I like the one in the pics above by geekishly geek it looks good and have just ordered it

JJDRM

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018
1. Do you really need a screen protector if you have a good case?

2. I never used one before. Does it feel the same as the original glass?

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
I bought this too and had the same bubbles, but I kept at it and all the bubbles disappeared. I would post a pic but I don't have extra camera to take pic.
Thankfully all of the bubbles eventually went away on their own as I used the phone last night. Just have to work up the courage to try on my cases now lol. Since the full coverage won't work with a lot of cases

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
Thankfully all of the bubbles eventually went away on their own as I used the phone last night. Just have to work up the courage to try on my cases now lol. Since the full coverage won't work with a lot of cases
Do you notice the bottom edge at all? I definitely do on mine.

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
Do you notice the bottom edge at all? I definitely do on mine.
As in the bottom edge being sharp? I didn't until you mentioned it. Guess I don't swipe up from the very bottom.

The only thing I've really noticed is that I feel mine hangs over a tiny bit more on the left side. Probably me installing incorrectly. Don't know how that's possible with the tray. But at least it doesn't bother me too much

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
As in the bottom edge being sharp? I didn't until you mentioned it. Guess I don't swipe up from the very bottom.

The only thing I've really noticed is that I feel mine hangs over a tiny bit more on the left side. Probably me installing incorrectly. Don't know how that's possible with the tray. But at least it doesn't bother me too much
Let us know how it works with cases