Which iPhone XS Max Screen Protector?

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
Anyone recommend a 2.5D with nice rounded/curved edges?
Don’t trust these 3D ones with black edges as those parts usually don’t have any adhesive.

I’m leaning towards a 2.5 with nice rounded edges so my fingers don’t get caught.
Yes I know what you mean about adhesives. Full adhesive is definitely the way to go. Thankfully the one I'm using solves all those issues. The edges are nice and rounded, and the adhesive is perfect. This is the one...

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-XS-Max-Screen-Protectors/dp/B07H4S444C/&keywords=iphone+xs+max+screen+protectors

prithvi64

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2017
I am using full body tempered glass with glue in corners on XS. it is very smooth and without doesn't leave finger impressions. The only drawback, it covers upper notch. Although, no issue with any sensor but i perceive there is slight call voice blockage. Other users of full glass may confirm whether facing issue with call voice or not.
[doublepost=1539844048][/doublepost]
I got the iCarez edge to edge 3D and it's been working perfectly since day 1 with the Nomad rugged case. The alignment with the case is so good that I can't even see the original iPhone glass anymore and likely won't until I sell/trade in the phone.

In fact my wife's iPhone Xs came in the other day and I installed the screen protector without telling her and until I mentioned it, she hadn't noticed that there was a screen protector on it (+ the apple silicone case).

https://www.amazon.com/iCarez-Cover...fa0bd14fe81502e39a9a28de25dc52&language=en_US

Edge to edge is the only way to go, IMO.
Don't you feel slight blockage of call voice because of full body glass. I am using similar on eon XS and experiencing slight change in voice as if something is blocking speaker. No issues with sensors.

AdeAhmed

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2018
coudl anyone suggest a glass protector for my Xs Max, with pitaka magpro case.

i originally ordered an icarez 3d, but not compatible with the case...should I be going for a 2.5d?

Any suggestions are most appreciated

zekkragnos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
has anybody found cheapie tempered glass ones on amazon that actually have the right notch cut for the XS Max yet? (like the $10/3, etc from maxboost)... it looks like they went off the notch spec for the X and it's slightly different in the early runs. I don't bother with the expensive ones because I crack so many of them.

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
has anybody found cheapie tempered glass ones on amazon that actually have the right notch cut for the XS Max yet? (like the $10/3, etc from maxboost)... it looks like they went off the notch spec for the X and it's slightly different in the early runs. I don't bother with the expensive ones because I crack so many of them.
No worries! Although I would never dare to use any of the cheapie ones for my iPhones (even the thought frightens me), the Orzly ones I mentioned earlier do have the right notch spec, and even though they are more the premium type than the maxboost, the Orzly ones are currently cheaper than the 10 dollar ones you saw! (and they're really well made too!) it's rare that I ever have to take them off once installed.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
I ended up with the Tethys. Perfect install with the guide BUT the black ring around the sp SLIGHTLY covers the top of the outside cameras. So it’s not a prefect circle.

But I haven’t noticed any Face ID issues

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
I am using full body tempered glass with glue in corners on XS. it is very smooth and without doesn't leave finger impressions. The only drawback, it covers upper notch. Although, no issue with any sensor but i perceive there is slight call voice blockage. Other users of full glass may confirm whether facing issue with call voice or not.
[doublepost=1539844048][/doublepost]

Don't you feel slight blockage of call voice because of full body glass. I am using similar on eon XS and experiencing slight change in voice as if something is blocking speaker. No issues with sensors.
Not at all. That's what the hole in the top portion of the glass is for...

Reactions: Mr.C

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
No worries! Although I would never dare to use any of the cheapie ones for my iPhones (even the thought frightens me), the Orzly ones I mentioned earlier do have the right notch spec, and even though they are more the premium type than the maxboost, the Orzly ones are currently cheaper than the 10 dollar ones you saw! (and they're really well made too!) it's rare that I ever have to take them off once installed.
I totally forgot about this thread and just cracked another one. I'll check those out. Thanks!

Phil77354

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
Eastern Washington State
I purchased Zagg InvisibleShield screen protectors for both my own and my wife's iPhone XS Max phones. It was an impulse buy at the AT&T store and the first time I've decided to put a screen protector on a phone, but the high cost of these phones and cost of repair led me to decide to use screen protectors this time. I'm pleased that they are unobtrusive and I find the tI don't mind that using the phone with the screen protector installed.

However, a week or so after I purchased these screen protectors, I noticed that Apple sells a different brand screen protector - Belkin - that is cheaper than what I paid for the Zagg, which gave me some buyers remorse that I hadn't shopped around sufficiently.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

trapstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
I initially got the Maxboost screen protector but I didn’t like how noticeable it was around the notch area. Got the edge-to-edge/full cover Spigen screen protector and couldn’t be happier. Easy installation, great quality (seems more scratch-resistant than most others I’ve used), and you can hardly tell it’s there. I recommend using those wallpapers by Hideaki Nakatani for installation, don’t think I could’ve done it without. It comes with two and is ~$10 on Amazon.

gahig ulo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2017
riverside california
Just installed the Bodyguardz Pure 2 Edge and it when on PERFECT like a dream. I've installed hundreds of protectors over the years and never had one install this smooth without not even the tiniest bubble. I know this protector is not cheap but I had a Bodyguardz save my iPhone X from a face down drop on a pile of rocks so I went with them again.

Just worried about cases peeling up the corners (case friendly). I report later after I try on a few cases.

View attachment 794173 View attachment 794174 View attachment 794175
How is your bodyguardz holding up?hows the oleo coating?does it has sharp edges?i ordered one from amazon for 23 bucks hopefully its good.