Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

White CDMA iPhone 4 Icon Found in iTunes 10.2

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

While rumors have suggested that the white iPhone 4 may finally ship early next month, there has been very little discussion about whether Apple might ship a white version of the CDMA iPhone 4 for Verizon alongside the GSM version used on all other carriers around the world.

White CDMA iPhone 4 icon (left) vs. white GSM iPhone 4 icon (right)
One MacRumors reader did some poking around in iTunes 10.2 resource files and discovered an icon for the white CDMA iPhone 4 that would be displayed in the Summary window within iTunes when the device is connected. The image is distinct from the original white iPhone 4 icon and clearly shows the antenna break on the top right side of the CDMA version that is not present in the GSM version.

The presence of a white CDMA iPhone 4 icon within iTunes is certainly no guarantee that Apple considered releasing or is planning to release such a device, but clearly an Apple designer took the time to create the icon based on either belief that a white CDMA model may exist or simply as a "just-in-case" addition in the absence of any such knowledge.

Article Link: White CDMA iPhone 4 Icon Found in iTunes 10.2

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Apple will milk any last iPhone 4 buyers with the White iPhone 4, then 2 months later Apple will introduce the
iPhone 5 :p

Comment

plaxico44

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
PA
Again, I'll believe it when I see it. The white iPhone rumors are becoming almost as rediculous as the Verizon iPhone rumors.

Comment

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Dude! I know youre kidding, but I would personally LOVE a Red iPhone....that be so RAD.

Me too actually! Well.. at least the back of the iPhone, a red front would be tacky, just like the white iPhone 4 and white iPad.

Comment

Man9z0r

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
SLO, CA
This is really whack! I am going to feel sorry for all those who pick this phone up if it does really come out...

Unless this is just a sign of no new iPhone for a while longer. :apple:

Comment

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
  • I love how they paid attention to even this tiny detail between the antenna breaks for each icon
  • I'm also surprised that the color of the device is recognized by iTunes, that's pretty cool!
  • Hope the white iPhone 4 will come soon, I love the way it looks
  • If it doesn't come, well the iPhone 5 will come in white like 2 months later anyway...

Comment

LondonCentral

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Apple will milk any last iPhone 4 buyers with the White iPhone 4, then 2 months later Apple will introduce the

I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 4, don't want to be holding onto it when a shed load of used ones come onto the market for £250 or less.

I'd welcome more colour combos...it would be nice to have the option without having to go through a third party outfit.

Comment

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 4, don't want to be holding onto it when a shed load of used ones come onto the market for £250 or less.

I'd welcome more colour combos...it would be nice to have the option without having to go through a third party outfit.

Agreed, I will be selling my iPhone 4 around May sometime to reap the most profit.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I was so glad when Apple went aluminum on the iMac and did away with the white iMac, likewise for the MacBook though the entry level is still available, which is fine. I didn't buy an iMac until the first aluminum edition.

But I just don't get the clamor for the white iPhone. Or people going nuts over a white iPad. Sure it might look really "clean" but I think in the long run it is a novelty and getting a white iPhone or iPad is a mistake.

Comment

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
I just don't see the point. It seemed plausible for Verizon iPhone 4 to launch when it did, because there were bound to be thousands if not millions of suckers ready to buy.

But why manufacture and introduce a new model now? Its not as if this is some way of selling off inventory...you have to make NEW iPhone 4's in white in order to sell them.. Yea it took longer than expected to get white iPhones into existence....but if they've got it right now, just start iPhone 5 going into production a little early and launch it early. Or, just wait until June. Either way, no one is buying iPhone 4's from here out unless they are clueless. And the clueless people are not the ones "holding out" for white iPhones.

Comment

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004

I will buy a Product Red iPhone as long as it's not just another iPhone 4.

I am so sick of the white iPhone, it's coming up on a year since we first saw it, I've never seen one in person but I can't stand the sight of it :mad:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.