Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Why would Apple even bother at this point? Would it really increase sales, I don't think so. They do, however, get a little extra news coverage from the rumors of the white model.

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
My wife has been waiting for the White iPhone since it was first announced. She has been using my old iPhone 3G. It is on its last legs though as a small portion of the screen no longer works. I wonder if she is going to want to just wait for 5 now?

cxny

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
New York
I think Apple should just let this one slip away, the news about Jobs brings a sharper focus on trivia like this.

Tunster

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2009
Why would Apple even bother at this point? Would it really increase sales, I don't think so. They do, however, get a little extra news coverage from the rumors of the white model.
If Apple are considering to make the iPhone 4 a 2 year product, I'm sure the white iPhone would push sales dramatically! There's no need for an iPhone 5 in 2011. The specifications are far greater than any other phone other manufacturers make. Let them catch up and then push well ahead in 2012. I'd have no need to replace my iPhone in June/July. Why should there be an expectation? Only because the techno geeks think they need it. No you don't ;).

There's the iPad 2 and iOS 5 to concentrate on. Surely Apple don't need another iPhone device yet? And I was going to purchase a White iPhone 4. So, the rumoured release of next month fits in quite nicely for me personally.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
This is great news... for the iphone 5. At least we'll have white as an option at launch :D Then I can tell my and my wife's phone apart.

Its all a bit too late Im afraid unless of course your Perez Hilton and you cant wait to get your little jewel encrusted painted fingers on it.

What will be interesting though is will it show any modification to its hardware in lieu of the poor antennae design. just so that I can take mine to Apple so that I may get a phone that doesnt drop calls. That is all.

Tyre

macrumors regular
May 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I think even more exciting is the "out of stock" date. Maybe that doesn't mean what I think it does, but perhaps an iP5 launch?

joelobrien

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
They saved it until Steve-sick story broke. Like Steve saved his sick-note for the day before the earnings report.

I agree. Apple stock dropped after the announcement, this is just a way to get the hype back up.

Also, I have been waiting on the white iPhone 4 but it is too late to get me to buy. I'll wait on the 5 now.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
I agree with this logic, but I now think that "flip a coin" is your best tool for guessing if a white iPhone 4 will ever come out.

I think it is more like rolling a many-sided die with only one of the numbers representing "Yes, there will be a white iPhone-4". Or perhaps a magic 8-ball.....

SeanMcg

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Who woulda thought all along the White iPhone was for VZ?!

In all seriousness, is it possible they just reactivated a SKU they were going to use for the White iPhone only to use it for the VZ iPhone and neglected to change the description before a someone grabbed a screen shot.?

I agree. Apple stock dropped after the announcement, this is just a way to get the hype back up.

This is from Best Buy's stock system, supposedly. If that part is true, how is this an action on Apple's part?

Some things do actually happen without conspiracies, according to an anonymous source. ;)

ArchaicRevival

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2011
Bucketheadland
Whats the deal?!?!? Releasing the white phone end of Feb. Released the V iphone begining of Feb and iPhone 5 in June?!?! Just seems like the worst possible timing on the products?

EVERYTIME I go to purchase more Apple products, I get stuck in this buy or not buy...V iphone in Feb...but 4 months later...redesign? iMac 27" mid cycle...wait or buy...I love Apple but man sometime thier timing of release totally SUCK!

Because iPhone 5 will share 90% of iPhone 4's DNA :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.