Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

White iPhone 4 Option Appears in AT&T's Online Account Management System

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Following our report last week about the white iPhone 4 appearing in an internal Best Buy inventory database with a February 27th release date and similar reports of listing sightings with Vodafone Germany, BGR now notes that the white iPhone 4 has appeared as an option for users managing their AT&T accounts online. The option appears in a section of the site where users can specify their current phone if the one automatically generated by AT&T's systems is incorrect.
AT&T is now showing two versions of Apple's unicorn-colored iPhone. The entries appear in AT&T's Online Account Management system (OLAM), and read as "iPhone 4 - 16GB White" and "iPhone 4 - 32GB White." While the carrier's online account tool obviously wouldn't include any indication as far as when we might expect white iPhone 4 models to hit the store shelves, it's looking like late February or early March at this point.
While we have been unable to confirm that these options are indeed new, we have verified that they are present on AT&T's site. Also unknown is whether the growing number of listings are based on actual information on the device's availability being provided by Apple or if the carriers and retailers are simply preparing their systems for a potential launch based on Apple's most recent public claims of "spring" availability.

Article Link: White iPhone 4 Option Appears in AT&T's Online Account Management System

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
who cares? really?

it's just a white phone. those who wanted an iphone have already moved on to the black one. for all we know, it could have just been an option they never removed from their system.

again, who cares......

Comment

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Well spring is approaching soon (I hope) and that was the last official thing said about the white ones. Maybe they'll ship it after all.

Comment

Zero!sOne

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
Pennsylvania
I really don't understand what all the hype is around an iPhone with white panels. 90% of the people that buy one will probably end up putting a case over the back anyway. And as for the front, the reviews I've read said that having white bars at either end of the screen make the images displayed on it appear less brilliant than with the black.

If you haven't caved and bought a black iPhone 4 by now, you might as well keep holding out for the 5...

Comment

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
I'd like a black and white polka dot iPhone 4 please. I'm not buying until I get this.

Comment

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
I really wanted the white one but when it wasn't available for pre-order on day 1 I just decided to go with black. Several others have done the same including 3 other people who I know. Might as well just wait for the iPhone this summer.

Comment

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
C'mon already . . . the white iPhone is becoming the new Verizon iPhone: IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

oh wait . . .

Comment

Ubuntu

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
who cares? really?

it's just a white phone. those who wanted an iphone have already moved on to the black one. for all we know, it could have just been an option they never removed from their system.

again, who cares......

...why so serious? :D

But really, just because you don't care it doesn't mean its not valid for this site. This is afterall Macrumors (should be applerumors i know :p) and this is essentially a rumour of a very popular apple product.

For the record: I don't care that much about it.

Comment

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
At this point, who the hell is gonna buy a white iPhone?

Edit: I'm sure there will be some people who will sell their black one and pick-up a white one just to look the look.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.