white or black iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randomrazr, Apr 30, 2011.

?

Do you prefer BLACK or WHITE iphone 4

1. Black

44.8%
  2. White

55.2%
  1. randomrazr macrumors 65816

So my blackberry died and i decided to upgrade to the awesome iphone 4 lol.

i know the iphone 5 is potencially coming out in june or september, but i need a phone NOW because i dont have a backpack

anyways im set on the 32gb iphone 4 but now since the white came out, im not sure which one to get.

they are both nice and id prob be happy with either but, i can only pick one lol.

im a male student going to university this fall if that makes a difference. black seems more professional, but white is different from everything eles and has a unique look if that makes sense.

i also have a macbook pro, thought it might be cool for it to match that for black, but, i dunno lol

anyways, what are you guys thoughts?? white or black.

i posted a poll too :D

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I prefer the white had trouble clicking white from phone though lol...

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

White if you want to have the latest and greatest :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ap3604 macrumors 68000

White if you don't want fingerprints to show, along with better resale value.

6. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

i assum e the black would better match my new 2011 macbook prro?

7. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I don't really care about that, I just like white better. Some years ago Apple was known for its white computers. At some point they went to Aluminum and black designs. Apples trademark color remains white though. It is classic and it also looks different than the rest. Don't forget: Think different :cool:

8. xMClass macrumors 6502

I prefer black but wouldn't mind a white one either.

9. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

What color is more appealing to you? What color do you like best? What will the consequences be if you chose one color over the other?

Seriously, no offense to you in particular but I wonder how some people manage to chose clothes all on their own each day.

10. Vizin, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  11. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

go to the apple store and see it in person..i dont like the white after i seen it in person..

12. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

To me, it's entirely moot, since any glass iphone I own will spend all its time in an otterbox commuter case.

13. solowmodel macrumors 6502

14. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I'm selling my black iPhone 4 to buy the white one!

It looks so awesome!

15. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Black with a white case. I like the white body with an all black front screen.

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I like black because it doesn't have a gap above the earphone, its thinner and it makes the screen and bezel kinda blend in when it is off.

17. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

exactly this.

have you tried consulting your mom as to which one you should get?

18. ABernardoJr macrumors 6502

I think the black bezel looks better against the screen, just as this seemingly applies in many other cases (MBPs, TVs, etc.), and it kind of frames the screen better than the white bezel in my opinion, at least that's how I see it now. But with that said, I think the white iPhone looks great as well, it stands out and is definitely different. But I don't think the bezel works as well with the screen as the black one if that makes sense.

19. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Well if you like both equally, go for the white--for resale value alone. The fact is that after a 10 month delay there will always be a huge amount of black ones outnumbering the white ones. By the time you will upgrade to the 5 or 6 in a year and a half or so you may squeeze an extra 50 bucks of your sale just because it's white.

20. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Don't wanna be mean or anything but this actually made me laugh. I'm assuming OP meant backup?

Anyway, take the black one, the white one is ugly as sin. The black is also easier to get a case for apparently since most cases are made for it's thickness.

21. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

while these kind of threads seem insipid on the surface, picture yourself at a bar with a few friends and you ask this question. wouldn't seem so stupid then, he's just wanting to chat about it, that's all. that's what forum's are for.

anywho, white seems to have the ire of some people, where black doesn't. you won't find people saying "ewww, you got the black one?", but will will find people saying that about the white. you either love it or you hate it.

myself, i don't like a white face on any multimedia device, be it an ipad, iphone or TV. i do like a white back with a black front though.

22. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Its a strange one - I have had the black since launch and got the white this week. Having had the white for a couple of days now I think that the black looks better indoors and the white looks better outdoors lol.

Seriously, if you look at the white iPhone in the apple store I'm not sure people are blown away - but when you take it outside it just looks so bright and clean.