Who has NEVER dropped their iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by miss.manson, Dec 30, 2011.

1. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I'm so paranoid about dropping my new iphone 4s or it getting water damage. :(Anyone have the perfect case or have never dropped their phone?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

If you don't mind the bulk - I love the Otterbox Defender Series Case - Wonderful for protection and best customer service from any business I have ever dealt with. I almost feel bad, how they have treated me.

3. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I have the Griffin survivor as of right now. Its huge and bulky though haha.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Been through a 3GS, a 4 and now a 4s without a drop
    Never been an issue with me

I used a BookBook for a while, but I'm back to naked

5. white4s macrumors 65816

few drops inside on wood and tile but not outside, i dont do big cases so i need to be extra careful

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Same here. Though an iPhone original, which I prefer to call the iPhone Classic now! A 3GS and now 4S.

I switch between naked and a Marware case depending on what I'm doing. Usually the case is for the gym because it came with a clip and armband.

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Dropped it on the carpet the other day luckily

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

get an otterbox commuter and don't look back. Protection without too much bulk and covers the charging port and the headphone port.

9. Nick16 macrumors regular

For the first 6 months or so that I had an iPhone (actually this dates back to when I had just an iPod touch) I was so paranoid about protecting the devices, I had the Zagg screen protectors on them and some really protective cases... then I eventually realized that I don't ever drop my phone. I scaled down my case to a basic snap-on (which adds essentially no bulk) and when I got the 4S didn't bother putting a screen protector on it... the screen feels much nicer naked.

Bottom line is, everybody is different. Some people are prone to dropping theirs more often, which is fine. Others tend not to ever drop their devices, so extreme protection does nothing but add unnecessary bulk and in most cases, unsightliness.

10. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I really like the design and protection the commuter offers but I don't like that it doesn't come with a built in screen protector. If only the defender was slightly thinner :rolleyes:

----------

When I had my ipod touch I never dropped it and I had a simple silicone case on it. But one day I put it in my purse and forgot it was in there and my purse got thrown at the wall. Few hours later I go to get my ipod and the screen is shattered. :(

11. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I don't use a case. I use a screen protector however. I've dropped my phone multiple times but not from a high distance. It's still intact with no damages or anything. It's pretty sturdy. It usually falls out of my hoodie pocket when I'm bending down and it falls either on it's side or face down or the back. It's still looks good. But it doesn't bounce. Hopefully I just didn't jinx myself.

12. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Wow really? Thats awesome. Your phones not cracked or anything? Do you have the 4 or older iphone?

13. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Nope, no cracks or anything. Probably just lucky. I have the iPhone 4S, I have always been without a case since the first iPhone and I upgrade with every iteration.

14. Cap41 macrumors 6502

I use a case and a shield. I have only ever dropped a phone once. of course i was peeing and u can guess where it ended up.

15. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

lmao :p

----------

Have you ever dropped it on concrete?

16. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I've ran naked to the vapor and never dropped mine on anything but carpet but it's never broke even being naked. My wife dropped hers with a bumber on carpet and the screen shattered so I think it all depends on what you drop it on and where it hits. If it hits a corner your pretty much done.

17. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I find it nearly impossible to not drop my phone at least a couple times over its life. iPhones are actually pretty durable, I've never cracked the screen on any of my iPhones/iPod touches but it seems like everyone else I know has. If you take care of it then iPhones are really durable and will last a long time.

18. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

True. I baby the hell out of mine

19. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

several times, but never from a high distance. it's usually dropped on a hardwood floor or a marble kitchen floor. the height is usually around my waist, i'm 5'11"

i say a spell before i pick it up.

20. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I drop it all the time from my lap/desk onto carpet. Never outside on concrete though.

21. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I have only dropped my phone on carpet, still get scared.

22. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Well I'm only 5'0 ft. haha..Thats pretty awesome

----------

lol Yeah don't blame you

23. SporkLover macrumors 6502

I'm not falling for this trap. You want me to say never ever, and then tomorrow report back how my phone exploded into a million pieces after dropping it...... Not on my watch!!!!! I won't fall for it.

24. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

You caught me

25. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Have you dropped it on concrete? did it survive?

----------

Do you use a case?