Who here is actually happy and relaxed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vertigo50, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Vertigo50, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

So I keep seeing neurotic threads about people worrying that their ship date isn't accurate, the carrier said there might be a problem, etc. Others are neurotically checking the orders page or calling the carrier to create even more things to worry about.

So who here is actually just happy and relaxed that they got their preorder in? Personally, I couldn't be happier. I got the size and color I wanted, then I got the confirmation at the end of the order and an email confirmation that both said it's arriving on launch day. :cool:

Let's all just take a breath, have a beer, and relax a bit. What do you say? :)

2. mjschabow macrumors 68000

I am even if my phone takes up to 3 weeks. With football season I have enough to keep me occupied.

3. bouldermac macrumors member

I'm feeling good...lil tired but pretty good about the overall process.

4. Rgladman macrumors 6502

Sounds like a winning idea.

I also am very happy and relaxed.

5. cymolia macrumors 6502a

6. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

I'd say not too many people who come on here to post over and over again are too "relaxed" about it. It's somewhat normal to be anxious (read: not relaxed) about a new tech gadget for those who are into that kinda stuff.

Me, I've now done the whole "get up at 3:00 AM and pre-order in a big fiasco" multiple times now. I'm as relaxed as I can be. I'm excited to get the new tech in my hand just like everyone else, but I have a BRAND NEW iPhone 5 that I am using right now and I love it so I'll enjoy it for another week while waiting!

7. Roadrash3 macrumors newbie

I am tired for staying up to place the order and it was a nightmare, but content even though apple shows not delivered till first week in Oct. I have learned after years of reading this thread to just order through apple at all costs. People are going to be pissed when att said phone delivered at release date and then pushed off later, same thing every release.

8. G-Ziss macrumors regular

I'm happy and excited. This will be my first iphone. And the waiting period will give me plenty of time to find the accessories I need to go along with it.

9. davefromca macrumors 6502

Some of these responses make me kind of worried for apple employee safety LOL. "I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY DONT HONOR MY $1 OFF COUPON I AM GOING TO DRIVE MY TRUCK RIGHT THROUGH THE FRONT WINDOW AND DEFECATE ON THE NEAREST IPAD!!!"

10. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

Yup. I'm good. I've got everything set.

11. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

Will the AT&T Store have enough Plus models?
    How early should I arrive?
    I wonder if it'll be cold, do I bring a hoodie?
    If I get there super early, I need to bring food right?
    What if I wait in line for 5 hours and still don't get a 6+?
    Should I just settle for a 6?
    What if I instantly regret that?
    What am I doing with my life?

Rinse, repeat, nonstop until next Friday morning.

So, no.

12. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Me too, got the the size and color that I wanted, and delivered on 9/19...that's what you get for sacrificing your sleep :D

13. robostig macrumors member

Even though the ordering experience was kinda stressful, I'm happy with my "DELIVERS" date, and overall feel good about getting my first iPhone. I kinda like messy launches, I was there for the Wii, and PS4 launches, and very much like being "in the mix".

I'll probably stop by the apple store next Friday just to check things out, but all in all, a fun experience, especially with all the people in this forum.

:)

14. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I'm healthy, it's payday, football season is back, its not 138 degrees outside anymore, have a delivery saying Oct 1, which we know can arrive earlier…

All good here

Plus my 5s works perfectly fine

15. theshirlgirl macrumors member

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Mildly uncomfortable......I shouldn't have gone to Chipolte for lunch.

17. bouldermac macrumors member

no accessories needed...naked is the way Jobs intended

18. ahintz macrumors member

ahintz

Like others, I'm a little tired from staying up until after 1am (at least I wasn't on the east coast), but otherwise am fine. I hope/expect to have my phone on the 19th, but if it doesn't come for another week or two, it isn't the end of the world. While I am excited for the new phone, this is probably the least anxious I've been amongst all of the preorders I've done.

Now, talk to me again next Wednesday or Thursday, and it may be a different story... ;)

19. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65832

Jobs is dead. The Tim Cook phones wobble.

20. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Believe me, I'm really serious about my preorder iPhones! :) I would have been annoyed if I didn't get a launch day preorder. But like you, I've done this every year since the 4, and I'm used to it. While others are double-checking and triple-checking their orders and calling everyone in the world, I'm perfectly happy once I have that confirmation email from Apple.

And as with years past, many of those who have a later ship date will probably get bumped sooner, and then we will be flooded with happy threads. :cool:

21. justin216 macrumors 6502

justin216

Cool as a cucumber. Things are always heated every year between iPhone announce and iPhone ship. Used to it at this point, looking forward to getting my 6 Plus 64GB.

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm not. Customers that are left in the dark are not generally happy. A simple email here and there with updates or a list showing how things will work would suffice. :mad:

23. lhfan04 macrumors member

I got stuck in the 14-21 day range with att and my iPhone 6+. Not too worried though. Gotta sit back and remember that I've been waiting a long for this announcement, and been waiting for a long time for a larger iPhone, ever since I got a 4S I wish it was bigger. Now that I'm getting a chance to get one waiting longer than the 19th will be hard but I'll be excited because this is my dream phone

24. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I'm cool bro #

But then again, I'm sticking with my 5s lol

25. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I literally laughed out loud at this! I was picturing it. :D $1 coupon, priceless. ;)