Who here is going naked? (no case)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xMBPx, Dec 18, 2013.

?

How do you dress your iPhone?

1. Naked

91 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Screen protector only

22 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Case only

50 vote(s)
    25.1%
  4. Screen protector and case

36 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. xMBPx macrumors regular

I sway back and forward with my iPhone right now whether I want to use a case, and screen protector, just a screen protector, or completely naked.

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

No case or screen protector here. I'll at most only own the phone for probably a year so not too worried about it. I do have insurance on my phone so that does make me not as worried about damaging it.

3. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I am going naked. No case at all. I use to do this with my iPhone 4 but then I started to put cases on mine. I could never really find one I loved, so now I am back to no cases at all. I am running with the iPhone 4S right now.

4. Danno Bonano macrumors newbie

Riding Bareback

I've gone bareback for a year now. I like how it slided into your pocket, and takes up less room. No damage, no scratches (yet). I've dropped it on a carpet, but nothing harder.

PS I've got applecare+, so perhaps that is giving me a false sense of confidence.

5. oneMadRssn Suspended

oneMadRssn

I got naked all the time. It just feels better in your hand.

Also, I don't use a case on my phone.

6. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

5S naked. Phone cases are a silly waste of money.

7. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

A replacement 5 I got in September. Went naked before that but been using a case+screen protector for this one. I would drop my phone rarely before I got it replaced, and this one with the case on I haven't dropped a single time. Go figure. Better safe than sorry for now.

8. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Nude but will put a transparent case as soon as i find one i like. I keep my 5s mint and i am extremely careful with it. Its perfecr:cool:

9. pat park macrumors 6502a

Spigen crystal screen protector for the front. BSE matte skin for the back. No more cases for me. Love the design and feel of the iPhone 5 naked.

10. YeahBuddy macrumors regular

I used to use a bumper and screen protectors, then I got rid of the bumper, and eventually the rear screen protector. That's where I stand.

I also have a life proof nuud just for when doing crazy things, or wanting an underwater photo.

11. DemonicZeus macrumors member

Went naked since the first day, no screen protector nor back protector.
    Well now, there are scuffs everywhere, a major dent, and some minor scratches.
    But I'm living with it, I don't baby my iPhones nevertheless I take a good care of them.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

13. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I have been wanting to so bad. But today I have dropped on ohoen twice on tile floor (once the dogs fault.) That said I have now changed my mind to stick with my magpul case for now. Had it not been there I would have been about a phone.

14. Nerdface Killah macrumors member

15. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I use Apple's 5s leather case and it is slim and protects the iPhone well.. I dropped it a few times and it saved two of my iPhones from denting. Well worth the money.

16. JackieInCo macrumors 601

17. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

All you need to do is drop a phone on concrete once and you'll never go naked again.

18. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I've dropped two different 4S iPhones onto hard tiled floors at my job before. All that happened was the plastic surrounding the glass on one corner chipped. Picked them up both times and wiped it off and went on caseless.

I also dropped a Nexus 4. Forgot it was in my lap when I got out of the car and it fell in the street. Just got a few nicks in the bezel. That was months ago and it's still caseless.

19. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

I have this awesome bumper on mines, so not completely naked, but naked.

20. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I only put a case on mine when I'm heading out and know the phone could possibly take a beating. Working on the car or bike, at work or going out to get drunk! The rest of the time, which is 75% of the time, it's naked. Completely naked. Just how I like it.

21. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

You can say iphone is commando the only thing I use is a bumper with no screen protector or back protector. I don't have insurance but later today I'll be receiving my springer tough armor case.

22. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

No way Jose. I've got a Caudabe Veil on mine and it feels very close to naked. Played around with the idea of no screen protector as well by just couldn't bear it. The funny thing is that I know this is all psychological. I treat older iPhones like absolute crap and have long stripped off their screen protectors. The screens do have some light scratches but have held up remarkably well.

23. garysauctions macrumors member

I go naked when at home all the time.

However when I am out in public going naked can make carrying the iPhone a little difficult.

24. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Used my 4s naked, and am carrying on the tradition with my 5s.

I have dropped my 5s once, but thankfully, no (visible) damage, and it still works every bit as well. :p

I just love how light and thin it is and how it feels in my hand and I have no desire to give that up. :)

25. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

If I was made out of gorilla glass, polished metal, and sapphire, I'd run around naked too.