Who here is passing on the 5s and waiting for the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Señor, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Who here passed on the 5s this year and waiting for the 6?

1. Yes, waiting for 6.

50.0%
  2. No, I got the 5s.

29.5%
  3. Got the 5s but gonna upgrade to 6.

20.5%
  1. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

5s just doesn't have any good features that would make me want it this year.

iPhone 6 is expected to have a 4.0, 4.7, and 5.0 displays, new design, TouchID improvements, A8 Chip and M8 Chip, iOS 8, enhancements to the 64-bit architecture which still needs improvements, give it the constant crashing and other spec related problems.

iPhone 5S only got Touch ID, improved camera, and other minor spec changes. Not worth it. Even if you're upgrading from the 4/4S. Heck, you could even wait for it from the 3G/3GS.

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

iPhone 7 will be a better upgrade yet. Just wait a couple of years, and enjoy the all new design!

3. Señor thread starter macrumors 6502

Señor

Same displays as the 6, new design, A10 Chip and M10 Chip, iOS 10, 3DHD screen. 256GB capacity.

It'll be a dream. :D

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Actually upgrading from a 4/4s to the new iPhone 5s is a huge upgrade ...

From my point of you, as an iPhone 5 owner, I'm not sure of what to do.
    The 5s could be the first iPhone I'm going to skip awaiting for 6.

5. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Till iPhone 5 i had changed a lot of smartphones in short period. Galaxy S2, note1, s3, note 2, htc one x and etc. It was like desease, to have latest smartphone. However after i bought iPhone 5 i have it for almost one year and not going to upgrade for 5S because iPhone 5 is far superior and works without problems, so will go for iPhone 6 or maybe will keep my iPhone 5.... :D

6. fedoropolis macrumors newbie

7. Davejprince macrumors regular

I've got a perfect working 4s, not planning on upgrading any time. not even for the 6s.

8. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I upgraded from the 4 to the 5s, mainly because it was getting full and a bit slow I also don't want a larger screen than the 4", which may not be available with the 6. I wanted a white fronted phone (my 4 was black and the white wasn't available when I got it) and I liked the gold, so I thought why not? Had my 4 for 2 months short of 3 years and used it a lot, so I think I had my money's worth out of it.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I can understand you being happy with your iPhone 5, a great smartphone, but in which way is it "far superior" compared to an iPhone 5s ?!?

10. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Although all of the 5s updates are minor or a gimmick (from the 5) I still think its a huge upgrade from a 4 or 3GS (3GS? Really?). It's painful for me to wait for my mom's 4 to load when I use it sometimes now. I currently have a 5 and watching the 5s keynote I was simply, "meh, definitely wait til next year." or even the 6s because it will have the new design plus the upgraded specs.

11. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

sorry, didnt mean this :) iPhone 5S ofcourse is better ;) i have in mind that iPhone 5 is more than enough for now :)

12. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I'm going Pokemon style and getting them all.

13. boomdog macrumors regular

boomdog

My iPhone 5 is still working great. Had it over a year now but it's as fast as the day I bought it and does everything I want it to. I had the 4 before so skipped the 4s for the same reason. I only upgrade when the phone becomes too damaged or slow for me to bear or I would like to use one of the new features. This hasn't happened yet so I'll be waiting. Rather put my money towards an iPad or Mac or even something altogether different.

Just my thoughts

14. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

The 3GS was the last S cycle phone for me. So yeah waiting on iPhone 6. Honestly I still enjoy my iPhone 5!

15. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Maybe it could be wiser to skip the "integer number" cycle and go for the -s cycle ...

Actually they are not following an exactly predictable pattern. iPhone 5s for example is a completely new architecture (64 bit) while usually the S cycle was a specs bump.

16. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

What difference does it make either way the next phone is going to be better. And really the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 imo were such good phones I never really "needed" the spec bump even with new architecture. I could save my money.

17. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I went from the iPhone 4 to the 5, skipping the 4S. I wanted the 4S camera, but there wasn't enough other improvements to justify the cost, especially given I was still under the 2 year contract for the 4. When the 5 came out, I pre-ordered and wasn't disappointed in the huge upgrade. So the cycle starts again - the 5S doesn't have enough new goodness for the price. I'll wait for the 6 - ESPECIALLY for the larger screen.

18. shaown macrumors member

Loving my 5s - was a huge upgrade form a .... blackberry.
    That being said - if I like the 6 - I'll buy it out of contract.
    But things like 64 bit improvements to prevent crashing? Nonsense. The crashing is due to immaturity in the OS, and lack of application compatibility. That will be fixed the same way on the 5s/6/etc - upgraded IOS versions and refreshed apps.
    -Shaown

19. MacFather macrumors 6502a

MacFather

3g ---> 4 > 4 ---> 5
    3gs ---> 4s > 4s ---> 5s

20. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I was using a 4S up until now and decided to finally buy the 5S. Just got it delivered today and so far, I am happy with it. Love that with the touch ID, I can set up more than one finger depending on how I am holding the phone.

The 5S feels like a solidly built phone. I may skip the 6 and just stay on the S cycle.

21. Charadis macrumors 6502a

The only thing that would make me upgrade to the 5s from my 5 would be if the last jailbreak ever was to be released on it. I initially wanted to upgrade to the 5s a couple of months ago, but after a hard time finding the color and carrier I wanted, and playing with the demo models, I gradually receded back into my own reasoning to wait; there is not a huge difference in the 5 and 5s, and the one I got was perfect for me.

I would like to have an AT&T iPhone to replace my current Verizon 5 tho, now that there is LTE in my area. :( Other than that, I'm fine for at least another year. Sent from my iPad.

22. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yup I recently put a new battery in my 4s and I'm set for at least a year or two

23. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

If the 5S didn't impress you coming from your 5, what are the chances that the 6S will impress you after the 6 has been out for a year?

I agree, though. I cannot bear the speed of my mom's 4 or the form factor of the 4/4S anymore after having my 5 since launch.

I really hope the 6 blows me away. If not, I'll still get it. :cool:

24. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

I'm saying I'm sure the 6 will impress me. It will be hard, but I'm currently considering getting on the "s" upgrade cycle by waiting until the 6s. I'll get the updated external/redesign of a new phone, plus the best inside specs because its an "s". Just something I've considered. Who knows.

25. Gincoma macrumors 6502

Might as well wait for the rumored iPhone QuanTanium made with titanium and pure crystal sapphire and comes with iOS XVl