Who is disappointed about no MMP refresh

Bumble Bee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I am very disappointed that there has not been a refresh I was so close to owning my first Mac

Cali3350

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Apple is lucky that the HP Envy doesnt have a backlit keyboard. Otherwise they would have lost me to HP today.

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I am very disappointed that there has not been a refresh to Charmin toilet paper, I am so close to crapping my pants but don't want to use outdated technology toilet paper...;)

Winters

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
I needed a new laptop and was ready to pay a good price for a good one but there is no way I am going to pay premium price for outdated hardware which should cost almost half that price now. So I think I m going to look at sony or toshiba laptop now.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
I don't actually remember any reliable sources saying today was the day? Why would anyone think they'd announce it today? Hope they'd announce it, sure, think they'd announce it, nope.

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I needed a new laptop and was ready to pay a good price for a good one but there is no way I am going to pay premium price for outdated hardware which should cost almost half that price now. So I think I m going to look at sony or toshiba laptop now.
You would have to be doing some serious cutting edge, high paying work to think of the current line up as outdated hardware.

codo

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2006
England, United Kingdom
Not me...

Got mine in December... an extra two whole months of computer enjoyment whilst mugs are sitting here waiting for a bloody CPU bump! Guys, get a grip, seriously. If you need a computer, buy one, if you don't... then don't!

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
I am disappointed about the number of whiners and hardware nerds that cluttered this forum in the last couple of months.
Whiners I can understand, but hardware nerds? This is an Apple Forum, I'd think there would be one or two hardware nerds.

I am disappointed in you!:cool:

Cali3350

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Not me...

Got mine in December... an extra two whole months of computer enjoyment whilst mugs are sitting here waiting for a bloody CPU bump! Guys, get a grip, seriously. If you need a computer, buy one, if you don't... then don't!
Its far more than a CPU bump. The next Macbook Pro update will be one of the largest in the product lines history.

The following are almost GUARANTEED to occur:
~25% CPU
~200% GPU
S-IPS Panel on the Pro (currenty uses TN)
ExpressCard slot

Anyone who bought a Macbook Pro in the last 4 months or so WILL feel burned when the new ones come out.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Its far more than a CPU bump. The next Macbook Pro update will be one of the largest in the product lines history.

The following are almost GUARANTEED to occur:
~25% CPU
~200% GPU
S-IPS Panel on the Pro (currenty uses TN)
ExpressCard slot

Anyone who bought a Macbook Pro in the last 4 months or so WILL feel burned when the new ones come out.
You forgot to mention the trade up program where anyone with a powerbook or a macbook pro from any year will be able to get one of these new ones for FREE. Oh jeeze I just nomed the troll bait.

Gabriel GR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Athens, Greece
Whiners I can understand, but hardware nerds? This is an Apple Forum, I'd think there would be one or two hardware nerds.

I am disappointed in you!:cool:
Well I didn't communicate it correctly. Nerds usually know their stuff and have a platform they prefer. This whole gimme i5 today or I am buying sony/hp etc thing is stupid.

I suppose they haven't invested a dollar in software or they are only using freeware and open source. Although no word about linux as an alternative...

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
trade up program?
</sarcasm>

sorry forgot to close the tag.

There is no trade up program. I was just wondering where the guy that posted those "almost guarenteed" facts got his information from. 200% faster gpu lol ya ok sli and water cooling too?

Cali3350

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
</sarcasm>

sorry forgot to close the tag.

There is no trade up program. I was just wondering where the guy that posted those "almost guarenteed" facts got his information from. 200% faster gpu lol ya ok sli and water cooling too?
A 5830 is easily 200% faster, a 5670 is easily 150% faster. One of those will be in there. You are underestimating just how outdated the current Macbook Pros are.

fuzzielitlpanda

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2008
disappointed, but not surprised. i'll just keep using my desktop/ultra-portable for now and wait for the update to come.

HaXoR7Om

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010
United Kingdom
I was burned by apple not updating the MBP's, how long do you reckon guys... WWDC 2010 ;*(

I can only hope I won't have to wait that long. The current MBP's are ridiculously overpriced for what you get they need an update. When the last mbp update came out I would have said that they were quite a reasonable price but now they are seriously outdated. Hopefully we will get a major update and soon!

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
A 5830 is easily 200% faster, a 5670 is easily 150% faster. One of those will be in there. You are underestimating just how outdated the current Macbook Pros are.
I know how outdated the MBPs are.

Why do you think they will switch to Radeon?