Who is disappointed about no MMP refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bumble Bee, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Bumble Bee macrumors member

I am very disappointed that there has not been a refresh I was so close to owning my first Mac

2. csdibiase macrumors member

Then don't wait... I've already placed my order at Amazon. :D

3. Cali3350 macrumors regular

Apple is lucky that the HP Envy doesnt have a backlit keyboard. Otherwise they would have lost me to HP today.

4. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

I am very disappointed that there has not been a refresh to Charmin toilet paper, I am so close to crapping my pants but don't want to use outdated technology toilet paper...;)

5. nomnom macrumors newbie

Same here.

6. Winters macrumors member

I needed a new laptop and was ready to pay a good price for a good one but there is no way I am going to pay premium price for outdated hardware which should cost almost half that price now. So I think I m going to look at sony or toshiba laptop now.

7. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I am disappointed about the number of whiners and hardware nerds that cluttered this forum in the last couple of months.

8. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I don't actually remember any reliable sources saying today was the day? Why would anyone think they'd announce it today? Hope they'd announce it, sure, think they'd announce it, nope.

9. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Hoping for a silent update next week. If not... Who knows what I will do. I need to get a new Laptop ASAP.

10. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

Bummer, I was hoping it was today. At least my life doesn't hinge on this upgrade.

11. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

You would have to be doing some serious cutting edge, high paying work to think of the current line up as outdated hardware.

12. codo macrumors 6502

Not me...

Got mine in December... an extra two whole months of computer enjoyment whilst mugs are sitting here waiting for a bloody CPU bump! Guys, get a grip, seriously. If you need a computer, buy one, if you don't... then don't!

13. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Whiners I can understand, but hardware nerds? This is an Apple Forum, I'd think there would be one or two hardware nerds.

I am disappointed in you!:cool:

14. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I'm disappointed that I don't know what an MMP is... ;)

15. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

So it's not OK to want the best hardware for our money in our computer?
    Come off it, no-one is asking for desktop Core i7's in the 1" MacBook Pro.

16. Cali3350 macrumors regular

Its far more than a CPU bump. The next Macbook Pro update will be one of the largest in the product lines history.

The following are almost GUARANTEED to occur:
    ~25% CPU
    ~200% GPU
    S-IPS Panel on the Pro (currenty uses TN)
    ExpressCard slot

Anyone who bought a Macbook Pro in the last 4 months or so WILL feel burned when the new ones come out.

17. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

You forgot to mention the trade up program where anyone with a powerbook or a macbook pro from any year will be able to get one of these new ones for FREE. Oh jeeze I just nomed the troll bait.

18. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

Well I didn't communicate it correctly. Nerds usually know their stuff and have a platform they prefer. This whole gimme i5 today or I am buying sony/hp etc thing is stupid.

I suppose they haven't invested a dollar in software or they are only using freeware and open source. Although no word about linux as an alternative...

19. Bumble Bee thread starter macrumors member

20. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

</sarcasm>

sorry forgot to close the tag.

There is no trade up program. I was just wondering where the guy that posted those "almost guarenteed" facts got his information from. 200% faster gpu lol ya ok sli and water cooling too?

21. Cali3350 macrumors regular

A 5830 is easily 200% faster, a 5670 is easily 150% faster. One of those will be in there. You are underestimating just how outdated the current Macbook Pros are.

22. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

same here. i ordered the high end 15" for 1695 with 8% cashback :D

23. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

disappointed, but not surprised. i'll just keep using my desktop/ultra-portable for now and wait for the update to come.

24. HaXoR7Om macrumors member

HaXoR7Om

I was burned by apple not updating the MBP's, how long do you reckon guys... WWDC 2010 ;*(

I can only hope I won't have to wait that long. The current MBP's are ridiculously overpriced for what you get they need an update. When the last mbp update came out I would have said that they were quite a reasonable price but now they are seriously outdated. Hopefully we will get a major update and soon!

25. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I know how outdated the MBPs are.

Why do you think they will switch to Radeon?