Who is ordering from VZW.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iusername20, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Iusername20 macrumors regular

Hello good people. I will be ordering from vzw. Who else is with me? Anybody have any tips to quickly order?

Here's to a good preorder and an on time delivery!

2. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I will be doing that, as i have Verizon and not eligible to sign a two year contract yet. But i am eligible for edge. So i am hoping i will be able to pre order using edge.

Does anyone know if verizon edge will be available through apple.com?

3. joshmv macrumors member

joshmv

I'm trying to decide whether to order from VZW or from Apple. Does anyone have a good reason to order from one or the other? I did notice VZW has a $35 restocking fee in case I decide to switch if the 6+ is too large.

4. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

looking for good reasons as well

5. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Apple has more inventory and no restocking fee.

6. mfldmike macrumors regular

I'm ordering from Verizon too, I just assumed it would be easier to add-a-line

7. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

I will be ordering from the VZW site and if it goes like it did when i preordered the iPhone 5 two years ago it should only take a few minutes then back to video games

8. chanc macrumors member

chanc

9. applebro macrumors regular

applebro

If you have a Discover card you get 5% cash back on apple.com

10. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

If i order through Verizon, does anyone know if i will be already able to be signed in like 5-10 mins before the pre orders are ready to start selling? Or will they do a thing where they won't let anyone in till the time they are allowed to start selling them?

My gameplan is to be logged into Verizon before the presale time, so all i have to do is refresh the screen where it says pre order coming soon. And as soon as it appears that i can place my order i will. Rather than trying to log on at exactly 12 pst with all the other crazies if that makes sense.

11. wxman2003 Suspended

I'm ordering from the verizon site. Have unlimited data, and if I want to keep that, I have to order through them. Can't get applecare through them though.

----------

You should be able to log in prior to midnight. However, you may timeout due to no activity. I don't even think you need to refresh at 12:01. At 12:01 just click on upgrade device.

12. tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

I'm going to have to add a line so I'll go through verizon,I've went through verizon the last 3 yrs for new iphone launches. Hopefully it will go just as smoothly.All I can say is it's going to be a long night;)

13. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

Not getting applecare+ does kinda suck but ill just purchase it next day; no problem.

14. joshmv macrumors member

joshmv

Ugh, both good reasons, plus apple with the free exchanges. I could really use the extra gb of data though :confused:

15. OSK9261 macrumors member

13 year customer with Verizon and currently have a 12gb everything share plan with 5 lines and do not qualify for edge? Any ideas why? What are the requirements?

16. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Ordering from Verizon to keep my unlimited data. Did the same when the 5 came out, no issues. Also Apple told me that I can't order @ full retail with them (or even on launch day at the store, which seems a bit bogus), so hopefully it all goes well.

17. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

Same situation for me. I've always ordered through verizon pre-order at full price so I'm not in a contract ever and I get to keep my unlimited data plan. Never had any problems with verizon preorder. Always got my phone on release day.

18. MarkMissoula macrumors member

How exactly do you preorder from verizon when they dont even have the 6 listed?

19. Cryates macrumors 65816

They will have it listed when the pre-orders go up. They aren't going to put up a pre-order without actually having the phone listed.

20. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Pre orders are excluded.

21. applebro macrumors regular

applebro

well that blows. thanks for the heads up

22. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I have to order mine from Verizon which I hate doing to keep my unlimited data. Getting the gold this time. I think it will look pretty elegant on the 6+.

23. accentaudio macrumors 6502

accentaudio

No it is not available through Apple.

24. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

That sucks. I just hope that it is true and i can be logged into my verizon account before it is order time, so i can simply refresh 2:00 my time. And not have any problems.

25. STC1709 macrumors 6502

Why can't you order from apple?

I too have unlimited along with the $20 data/txt discount (was a promo like 2.5 years ago)