Who is ready to drop the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rucc22, Nov 23, 2009.

1. rucc22 macrumors member

I love everything apple. I love my iPhone. I always try to defend it when people bash it. But I'm getting so fed up with the crappy service. Too many call failed and dropped calls and cutting out and trying to make a phone call and getting nothing. Anyone else getting the itch to switch back to verizon? What's holding you back?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have no real reason, my service is better then it was with Verizon.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I'm not. Our 3G service was down most of Friday and Saturday and when it started working on Saturday night, it was super fast.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Well, since I've been with AT&T for years and have never experienced any dropped calls or failed calls except in very marginal areas or when moving between cells in rural areas, no, I have no inclination to switch to Verizon.

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

My wife and I have gotten awesome service with AT&T.. No connectivity issues whatsoever.

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I'm more then ready to drop my 3G for what Apple releases in the summer! But I don't wan't another phone at the moment. Interested to see what Android will be in the future. I wish somebody would release like an iPod Touch running Android, if it doesn't exist already?

7. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Where exactly are you located that your service is so bad? I live in the DC area and make about 1,500 -2,000 mintue worth of calls a month and maybe drop 4 calls, and BTW that is in the general same areas when I am in the car.

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

In my experience, AT&T is at least as good as Verizon here in the San Jose, CA area. I have no desire to switch to Verizon or to a Droid phone.

S-

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No real complaints with my service, so I have no desire to drop my iPhone.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm also in the DC area and make about 10 calls a day.

About 3-4 of those calls will get dropped. So in the course of a year I probably have over 1,000 dropped calls.

Still worth it to have an iPhone. I have no idea what phone I'd buy if I were forced to go to Verizon.

11. marksandvig macrumors regular

att is great in Los Angeles where Im from, but going to school in Arizona makes me want to switch to Verizon everyday considering the map for AT&T says I should get "great" service when I get 1 bar in my home and it drops all the time.

12. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

13. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

14. gangsta77 macrumors member

15. aristotle macrumors 68000

aristotle

I usually have no problems on my iPhone 3Gs on Fido. I've only had maybe one dropped call in an area which is a deadzone not only for cellular service but also Satellite radio. It is in the path of an array of dishes of the local cable company. They interfere with everything around them.

16. Metal-Head macrumors newbie

Never!

You can pry my iPhone from my cold dead fingers!

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

not ready to drop it but surely not thinking of any further upgrades

18. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I have to admit, that was my first thought, too.

19. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Everyone claiming to drop the iPhone for *insert random supposed iPhone killer/network* will most likely flock back when OS 4.0/iPhone IV debuts in the summer

People are fickle/flip floppers.

Also if you had millions of people hammering your 3G network every second you'd have a sucky network too

20. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Service wise, i've never had a problem. AT&T pretty much owns this city to the point where they have their name in the school stadium for christ' sake (Texas Tech stadium), so it's expected to have good service.

However, after having the phone for a few years, it's starting to get old in my eyes. Having the same thing for upwards of 2 years is starting to have its effect on me. Add that with the fact that now everyone and their moms has an iphone, and i just get kinda sick of seeing the thing around.

The Android phones are looking mighty good at the moment. Plus those commercials are really starting to appeal to me for some reason. Will probably sell my iphone and go the android phone/ipod touch route for a change, but holding on til i hear what Jobs has in store next til i make it official

21. aristotle macrumors 68000

aristotle

+1
    If people would look at story on web traffic share, you can see that over 50 percent of web traffic in the US on networks is from iPhones. It spiked up to 70% in June.

22. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I've constantly been on the lookout for a new smartphone. I completely agree with the OP. I love my iPhone, but my service is so crappy and unreliable in Southeastern Michigan that I would love to jump ship to something else. The problem is, I just can't find anything else that I could live with besides the iPhone. There's other phones that come close, but I just haven't found anything better.

23. IMFSHN macrumors newbie

I was one Verizon for 8 years and finally bought my wife and myself a pair of 32GB 3GS'

I never had any problems with Verizon, and am happy with AT&T since June.

[However, adding Flash support would be great]

24. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

No. Even though I am sick of the lack of quality apps.

25. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I dropped mine on the carpet while reading this thread, if that counts.