Who still loves their blackbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fewture, Mar 10, 2009.

1. fewture macrumors regular

Now that the aluminum macbooks are the thing (and with that nice 9400m), who still loves their blackbook?

I do. Penryn 2.4, 4gb ram, soon to be 500gb 7200rpm, this thing is the best computer i have ever had (and I use to mod hardcore pcs back in the day)
    Can't wait until for some affordable large sized SSD's

I love my blackbook!!

I have to admit that I do eye off the new alum mbs and mbp's. But then I come home to my blackbook and its still kicking ass!

(Oh yeah, I loved seeing the blackbook in Twilight)

2. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Yes theres nothing wrong with the blackbook. The build quality is much better on the new alu macbooks but the blackbook is a great looking machine still. I actually prefer the colouring on the plastic macbooks. Its been a few months and im not sure the black screen and silver alu base has grown on me that much. I think the best bet would be if apple released an all black alu version. That would look much better IMO :) I think the air is the best looking apple laptop at the moment.

3. Eagle Eye macrumors newbie

Eagle Eye

4. fourtyoneantz macrumors member

where can you still find them (aside from ebay)?

5. VladM macrumors regular

Do you feel better now, or do you still want a unibody MB? :p

6. Eagle Eye macrumors newbie

Eagle Eye

I picked it up on the refurb store - awesome little machine

7. macnvrbck macrumors regular

I do, I do! I love my Blackbok still! Faster processor speed than the new Macbooks and Firewire!... oh well for no graphics processor!

I'll tell you where these things are going to continue to do well... RESALE!

Like my 12 inch Powerbook before it... which resold AMAZINGLY WELL... the Blackbook will continue to resell very well. There were only so many Blackbooks made and they are unmistakable! People will continue to pay a premium for the black matte finish. There isn't and has never been a Mac with this type of finish on it. It's simply perfect!

A quick wipe of a magic eraser and the finish on these puppies is beautiful. Solid machine!

8. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

I've been debating on selling my 2.2 blackbook for the new alu 2.4 MB but stopped myself because I probably will never sell my blackbook.
    In fact, I love it so much I plan on getting an intel ssd in the near future. I just upgraded to a hitachi 7200rpm last month.

9. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I *really* miss my blackbook :-(

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I have the same one, and it's not going anywhere for a very long time. Oh- and now that they have 4 gig RAM chips, I've heard that these will recognize 6 gigs of RAM.

11. Camoischaos macrumors member

I still love mine however i have the white one but with the same specs as a black one. I liked the "clean" look.

12. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I saw it there, and wondered if that's where you bought it. I just arranged the buy of a Alu MB for a friend, would would have liked the blackbook had it been available a day earlier. Cheers all around. :D

13. muldul macrumors 6502

14. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Yes they will, as does MINE:eek:, that and the 320 Gb 7200 RPM Hitachi Drive, and I need more weights to keep it from flying away:D

15. Spares macrumors member

call me a noob but what does the Penryn part mean when you say Penryn 2.4 ghz

my Blackbook specs are 2.4 ghz 4 gb RAM 250 gb harddrive :apple::apple:

16. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I still miss my 12" PB that was sold to buy my black MB. I have to say its definitely a bigger laptop and the only thing I don't like about the black MB is all the smudges that is gets from fingerprints.

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ah lucky, mines forever limited to 2 gigs.

have no plans to replace it in the next couple years

i finally realized playing the most powerful computer game is a waste of money for little to show

ill stick it out with my cd blackbook and hackintosh for the next 5 or so years probably

lets see if i can have my mb last 8 years:)

18. molala macrumors 6502a

love my 2.4 ghz blackbook, bought refurb. especially now that apple replaced my samsung with an lg screen.

i still have a 12" powerbook g4, was supposed to sell it months ago, but i'm too attached to it. it's a solid machine.

19. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

They should have kept making the black ones, why did they just keep white? , I guess to tie the product line in with the Mini -both the so called 'low end'

stuff the alu's :p polycarb Macs all the way :D

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ah- you got one of the rev A's. Obviously it's been a good one!

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

it has...though it did suffer from the rsd issue back in the day. worked after apple issued a software update

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well then, if it was just software, it kind of doesn't matter. :) I always say if you get 4 years out of a laptop, it's been a good one. Longer than that and it's a great one.

23. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Penryn refers to the model of Core2Duo CPU used in the computer. The first Macbooks to come equipped with C2D chips ran the Memron chips, then in early 2008 switched to the Penryn chips. If you're Macbook's CPU speed is 1.83/2.0(from 2006 or 2007)/2.16/2.2ghz, you have a Memron CPU. If it's 2.1/2.0(nVidia chipset)/2.4 ghz, it's a Penryn chip.

24. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I still love my BlackBook Santa Rosa 2.2 GHz with $ gigs of RAM and a 320 gig Hard Drive.

I will get a newer one (maybe) later this year. I look forward to having a better video card.

Overall, this machine has been great to me for my first Mac since having an Apple IIc as a kid.

25. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I have the new unibody MB's and still occasionally miss my old blackbook. I miss it's super loud fan whenever I went on Youtube. I miss wiping it down every day because it would be FILLED with fingerprints. I miss it's relatively low build quality when compared to the new machines.

Ok, well not really :D But it sure was sexy.