Who still loving the 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LuvIphone, Jul 21, 2010.

1. LuvIphone macrumors member

I think the 3GS a far better phone than 4. What do you think?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm loving my 3Gs. It's jailbroken and I couldn't be happier.

(I do wish it had the nice iPhone 4 screen though...)

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

6. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I've never used an iPhone 4 so I can't compare (not released here yet). But I purchased a 3GS at the beginning of the month, my first iPhone, and I love it.

7. sportster macrumors 6502

I can't complain about my 3G-s, but I would trade it in a heart beat for an iPhone 4. But, unfortunately I'm stuck in my contract until May '11...

8. puggles macrumors regular

I cant even look at my 3GS since getting my iPhone 4. It hurts my eyes!

9. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

There are certain things that I do prefer on the 3GS over the 4.
    Such as the form, plastic back...that's it.
    I still have my 3GS, but am going to wait until after September 30th to see what will happen. IF something does happen.
    Other than those two things though, IMO, the iPhone 4 is much better than the 3GS... but they're both fast.

10. AppleRules macrumors regular

The new iphone is better but the 3GS is still a great phone. I'll keep my 3GS for atleast another year. It just doesn't make sense to upgrade every year. The iphone 4G will almost certainly be better than the iphone 4 and the year after that the 4GS will eclipse the 4G.

11. LuvIphone thread starter macrumors member

3GS is great and 3.1.3 and now?

I was one of the few and wise who kept the 3GS and didn't do the trade in for the Iphone 4. I could of traded even up minus the restocking fee of $19.99. Why did I keep the 3GS? I wanted to keep it because I knew it was a good phone that's been out for over a year and dependable. I can do anything I need to do on the 3GS. I also got a $50 credit by keeping it and pulling some teeth at ATT.

I love OS 3.1.3 and hate the new OS4... I wish I would of never downloaded it because I cannot go back to the reliable OS the phone came with. Now I have issues with the signal (not by holding phone) but in general and my internet drops every 5 minutes. I know OS 4.1 is out but I'm not downloading it and I deleted ITunes off my computer. It seems like the later the OS for Iphone the worse it gets.

Iphone 4 sounds like it's not made as good as the 3GS.. Iphone 4 I hear scratches much easier and is known to break by one simple drop on the ground. I won't even get into the screen problem (yellow) and the dropped signal by holding phone a certain way.

I like how ATT is capping it's data my phone now runs much slower on the internet along with weak signal... Neither ATT nor Apple care about customers. They just want your money and want to give you the cheapest alternative possible because ATT know they got you locked into that contract. They are up to no good and I'm sure many things we don't even know that they are doing. I don't like the Premium price ATT charge monthly for crappy service.. And I don't like the games they are playing with customers.

12. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Sour Grapes

I think for some reason you cant get an iPhone 4 and you are trying to convince yourself that you love your 3Gs.:D

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

14. Stein357 macrumors 6502

I still like my 3GS a lot, but the new one does have a better display, camera, more memory, and isn't made all out of plastic. Patiently waiting until the white iPhone is released.

15. LuvIphone thread starter macrumors member

I could of traded my 3GS for an Iphone 4 even up at ATT minus stocking fee.. Could of got one didn't want one.

16. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

then youre an idiot :cool:

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I got rid of my 4 and went back to my Jailbroken 3GS. I miss the screen and...well that's kind of it.

18. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

To answer your question; yes I still love my 3G, but as soon as I can get my hands on an iPhone 4, I'll probably never touch my 3G again. Still a great device though!

19. LuvIphone thread starter macrumors member

Also got a $50 credit for the price protection on my 3GS :) and no gay waiting in line for 3 hours and possibly not even getting the Iphone4 with it's yellowish tinted screen :) and I like to hold my phone however I like to make a call.. And I didn't want my $50.00 otter defender case to go to waste that I just bought for it a month ago. And I only make phone calls, text and use the net. Don't need the double sided camera, and HD video recorder and all that nonsense.

20. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

was just a joke. didn't you see the big smiley face?

21. specops macrumors regular

Everything you just listed might make the 3GS better for you, but not for everybody else. Sounds like you don't even need an iPhone in the first place.

22. LuvIphone thread starter macrumors member

lawsuits with Apple and ATT....Fact

23. LuvIphone thread starter macrumors member

why because it don't have a HD camera , and some retina display and video calls. All and all 3GS does the same thing.. I use internet/text/making calls/and every blue moon I might take a picture or something.