Who took off work on 4/24?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BellaMaggs, Apr 19, 2015.

1. BellaMaggs macrumors newbie

BellaMaggs

I've seen some mention of folks that took 4/24 off in other threads. I did too, so I thought it might be fun to have a thread of our own to post to on Friday as to whether it was a good or bad decision. Lol

Going into the launch I scheduled 4/10 off because for one I figured I would be too excited to sleep until launch time, and because I was hopeful that I could schedule a try on appointment that same day, which I did. After my order of course. :cool:

Then I scheduled the 24th off so I could suffer in silence while pacing the floor for the delivery truck. Lol Yes, we all know now we have a "shipping window" that I didn't expect going into this launch, but oh well a day off is a day off. Plus I'm sure these forums will be all abuzz that day. That's also what prompted me to go ahead and sign up, I've probably been lurking here for 15 years or more. :D

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

3. Phima256 macrumors regular

I did as well! I have a lot of vacation time so I figured I would, especially since I will be useless because I'll want to play with it all day once I receive it. The shipping window is a bit disappointing, but it sounds promising that we will get it the day of the 24th. No big deal if I don't because I have enough time to take off anyways.

Just don't want a 1k device sitting on my doorstep for longer than it needs to be anyways.

4. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

I was going to work from home but knew I wouldn't do much work if it did arrived so I've booked it off. If it doesn't arrive I have some other stuff I need the day off for so that's ok too.

5. devon2012 macrumors member

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

I'll take off when I know my delivery date. Still have 13th - 27th.

7. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

You've wasted a day off (unless you like sitting on your bum all day on the sofa). The majority won't get it on the 24th.

Look at your delivery estimates.

8. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I'm in the first group and I really hope I will be taking Friday off but that depends on Apple and FedEx.

9. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I did. Hope it's not in vain.

----------

Let's see Friday.

10. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I had the 10th off and now I'm taking the 24th. I'm not actually using any of my time through. i traded with co workers who had those dates of. I have to now work the following Saturday but it's worth it to have the day off and still have my paid day off whenever I need it.

11. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

Yeah... and it's not my first day off for the Apple Watch either lol

I am also dogsitting that weekend also so made sense.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I have a few court cases in the morning =/, but then I will rush home

13. chrise2 macrumors 6502

14. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I got mine delivered to the office. Taking a day off work pretty much guarantees the UPS guy won't show up till about 7:59pm. Business delivery comes in much earlier in my zip code.

Plus I am fairly skeptical of a Friday delivery until I see the tracking number and see it actually enter North America.

15. zman5 macrumors regular

Im just having the watch delivered to my work (hopefully this Friday)

16. applegeek97 macrumors 6502a

applegeek97

Mines being delivered to work, but I will take a lunch whenever it arrives :)

17. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I thought about doing this, but have heard bad stories with work delivers on launch day. Some people are stuck at work until 7-8pm waiting on the package.

18. CodeSpyder macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

If mine delivers on Friday, then I'm taking that day off.

19. Phima256 macrumors regular

I get five weeks of vacation each year, so I opted for a long weekend just because I can. Also, though the delivery times are only estimates, Apple's previous launches show that they will likely bump up to day of launch (24th) for many that have been given those estimates. I ordered at 3:02, so I feel pretty sure about the time. If not, no big deal. I get to enjoy the day (not on the sofa).

20. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

Arranged to work from home on Friday 24th.

Not sure how much work will get done after (if) my watch arrives :D

21. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yeah. Fair enough. I'm just grumpy as I got the second set of delivery dates!!!

22. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

I work from home 100% anyway, so I don't really have to take the day off at all but I'll probably take it off anyway once I get a definite date and shipping carrier. FedEx is here by 10:00 am and I'll feel guilty if I'm playing with my watch when I should be working. If it's coming UPS I won't bother since they don't come until the late afternoon or early evening.

23. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Luckily I already had the day off. If I didn't I wouldn't have had it sent to work just for the fact, If we are out they might just leave it sit outside.

24. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

I'll be taking off the 24th as well. I didn't order an Apple Watch but that wasn't the question, LOL.

25. sinar macrumors regular

I booked the 24th of work as soon as the release date was announced, i was hoping to pre-order to pick up from store, or queue for in store stock.