iPad Pro Who will sell 12.9" iPad Pro to buy the new 9.7"?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marpixct, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. marpixct macrumors newbie

Who among you will sell their iPad Pro 12.9" to buy the new 9.7" model?
    What reasons may push you to this step?

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Not sell, I returned it.

Biggest reason is it was too large and while the screen size was great that did not offset me carrying it around and handling it. And I really don't need a Pro for my usage and I draw stick men which I will just do for cheaper.

And to add Apple accessories to it just made the whole dollar spent not worth it for me.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

No. I'll keep the 12.9" and buy the 9.7" too, if I find it useful.

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I certainly won't be - the bigger size of the iPad Pro makes it a completely different proposition to the smaller iPads for me and I could not go back to a smaller one now, any more than I could go back to a smaller phone after using the 6S Plus :)

5. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

I've had the iPP for about a month now. Have already commented on how small my Air 1 felt, when I was still using it during the transition stage.

Anyhows, the Air 1 has been lying dormant until I was sure all I needed off it was indeed over on the iPP.

Plan is to give it to the wife, with her Mini 1 64gb making its way down to the little gal, whose 16gb Mini 1 then drops to the littler guy, whose venerable iPad 1 then becomes a dedicated Plex machine in the kitchen.

Had to reset the Air 1 tonight, and transfer the restore/backup from the wife's Mini over to the Air.

The bizarre thing is that the Mini's still feel the same - but for some inexplicable reason, my Air feels like, well, like a 'toy'! I don't know why, especially given that the Mini's are obviously smaller - but the Air is just so tiny now.

So a pretty TL:DR post simply saying that there is no way I could go back to a 9.7". The Pro has ruined me. Bigger has now become 'better'... My 2-cents.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Another vote for sticking with the 12.9 Pro. The big screen is the game changer.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Lots of folks are not going to do it because they already spent bucks on accessories for IPP which will go to waste.

8. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

Am going too keep my IPP and save up for the iPad pro 9.7"
    --- Post Merged, Mar 6, 2016 ---
    All so I think the iPad mini line will be drop and replace with the 9.7 iPad pro mini too go with the iPad 12.9

So here is how I think it's going to go iPad pro has the main tablet then iPad pro mini 9.7 and the 7.9" iPad mini drop from the iPad line up

9. Fozziebear71 macrumors regular

Fozziebear71

I have the Pro, Smart keyboard, and Pencil and there is no way I will go back. I have an iPad 4 that stays in the family room as a remote for the Apple TV and if I don't feel like getting out of the chair and want to do something quickly I will use it then. Other than that, the Pro and its screen size is where I am at from now on. I am getting ready to order an iMac for the office and my MacBook Pro will probably rarely be used.

10. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

You will take my 12.9 inch screen when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

11. reasonrulaz macrumors newbie

reasonrulaz

12.9" screen is the only thing that i need since iPad pro :) :cool:

So,, never ever go back to regular sized iPad... :apple:

12. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

no way. i want a bigger not a smaller tablet. 13" is small.

13. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

I would like Apple to take better advantage of the 12.9" display instead of using a scaled-up iPhone UI. Granted, the Air and Mini suffer from the same UI optimizations (or lack thereof) but it's obviously the most apparent on the Pro. Either way, I don't see how the iPad can be a viable option for me if Apple doesn't properly address this issue.

14. Fthree macrumors 6502a

the iPad pro is amazing so ill keep it, and as for something the size of an air again i think not. plus if i tried to get my air 2 back my daughter would fight me.

15. Tommy c macrumors member

I'm very happy with my IPP, I do not think I can go back.

16. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

If somebody bought and kept the iPP (beyond the return period), then obviously the bigger size screen worked for them. So why on earth would they trade down and get the 9.7" instead when it becomes available?

Really no point to this thread if you think about it...

17. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Nah, I will be keeping my iPP. Still debating on replacing my 15" rMBP I recntly sold.

18. Fthree macrumors 6502a

Are you saying that you are thinking about getting another 15"? My set up is an ipp as my driver and a 15" at the house

19. lagwagon, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016

lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

No way would I sell my iPad Pro for the 9.7" variant. The 12.9" Pro is the size I've wanted since the introduction of the very first iPad.

20. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Yes, just thinking about it. I sold mine last month. AppleCare finally ran out and the 15" was having issues switching video. (It would have a slight scramble). Anyways, just thinking about it. I am finding the iPP is near perfect for my daily use. The only thing lacking, for me, is the storage. Storage as in, trying to accustom myself to keeping things in the cloud.

As far as going back to a smaller iPad, I don't think I would ever. This doesn't feel that big any longer.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't have the IPP, but I can see why I'd buy that over the 9.7. The pencil and keyboard are not the deciding factors for me.

22. Fthree macrumors 6502a

I literally use the pencil for everything, scrolling, selecting a topic everything!!! Love it

23. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I will be sticking with the 12.9" screen for the foreseeable future. I am a college student, and find this to be the perfect device for 99% of my daily needs. I don't go anywhere without it. An amazing educational tool, great for taking notes, mesmerizing for media consumption, still only 1.5 lbs, I could go on for days.