Who will win the World Cup Poll

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
BakedBeans said:
whats a world cup pole.... and why do you want to win it?
INGERRRRLAND INGERRRRLAND INGERRRRLAND!!

Sorry what?

EDIT: Australia actually.

paddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2005
TN
I'd love to see Germany win. No particular reason why suppose it could be that I don't want another Brazil win.

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
Costa Rica did a great job against the germans to get things started. Germany is pretty crap at the offside trap apparently.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I voted for Germany. I'd like to see them win this one as they're the home team. I'd really like the US to win, but I really don't see that happening unless they :eek: beat Italy and :eek: win their group (so as to minimize their chances that they meet Brazil in the first elimination round).

plinden

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2004
I picked Angola, simply for the reason it was first in the list.

As long as England get kicked out in the first round, having been beaten by Sweden and drawing against Paraquay and Trinidad, I'll be happy.

Edit: I saw the last 20 minutes of the Gernany/Costa Rica match on ESPN ... boy do they suck at showing football, from the crap commentary, to the permanent bar across the top of the screen (I know I'm watching Germany and Costa Rica), to the distracting ticker tape at the bottom giving news about totally unrelated sports, to the "player of the match" popup that covered half the screen for 30 seconds during one of the German attacks ... I guess I'll try out the mexican channels next time.

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
plinden said:
I guess I'll try out the mexican channels next time.
They have better commentary than ESPN, but don't be surprised if a "3D" ad pops out of the field while somebody is trying to score (it's sooo annoying :mad: ). The latin american ESPN is pretty good actually, you get commentary from Argentines, and it's fun 'cause they speak funny :p