Who's buying a current MBP after hearing the Jan Keynote?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spliff, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Spliff macrumors regular

Seems like alot of people were waiting for the new MBP to be released at today's keynote, only to be disappointed by the MBA. I see alot of people saying they will be now purchasing the MBP as there will not likely be a new release for at least a few more months. I can see the sales of the current MBP go up substantially as well because of this.

Are YOU buying a new MBP now? Let's hear your thoughts.

2. TStewart422 macrumors member

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

4. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

I can't make up my mind which one to get. I need a portable machine to take to school hence the Air looks awesome but would like the power provided by the MacBook Pro.

I'm gonna have to think it over for the next few days :rolleyes:

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Don't come back here and bitch when it's silent updated in like 2 weeks.

6. garry12 macrumors newbie

I'm sorta pissed off that apple didn't update them. But I'm going to buy one because i'm sick of waiting. Does anybody know the return policy if a new one is released? Like if you can get it exchanged if a new MBP is released within a week of purchase?

7. jonnos macrumors regular

stuff it ill wait.. ill prob just buy myself an external hard drive to make me happy lol.

8. ibizarocks macrumors regular

I'm not getting one now, you'd be an idiot to do so. There is no chance in hell that apple won't update the mbps in the next month. currently they're not cutting edge as other microsoft based laptops have started including penryn which won't do apple any favours.

due to the release of an all new ground breaking laptop. apple would rather capitalise on sales of the air for 2 weeks before giving the mbp a quick refresh. a lot of people would have been hoping for a new mbp at mac world and be disappointed and even the air may not meet their requirements they'd get itchy feet, see how unbelievably slim the thing is and buy it!

9. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

That is not going to happen. Not in two weeks. No way.

You will not buy these, in shippable form, for at least 2 months.

10. a4abt macrumors regular

I know it sucks for people who were expecting a MBP update, but on the other hand I'm glad Apple didn't update them because I got mine 3 weeks ago :p

The new Macbook Air seems really neat, but it's too small for me!

11. prism macrumors 6502a

...and don't come back here and moan when the silent update doesn't materialize in like 2 weeks :rolleyes:

12. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Hmm this could be a way to get rid of the current machines to bring out the new ones, but I doubt that...
    Anyway Na I'll wait a week or so to think about it. I don't NEED one, just want one :p My 12" is still just fine for me.

13. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Ditto. People keep saying "wait, wait!". Guess what? Jan. 15th came, and you're still waiting. How long will you wait for a 5% increase in processor speed?

14. ibinco macrumors regular

ibinco

:confused::confused:HELP!!! Been waiting since December, who actually thinks a silent update is in the making any time soon?!?!? I can live with waiting 2 weeks max but no more!

15. ibinco macrumors regular

ibinco

For me its not really a question of a 5% CPU increase but more in the likes of GPU update HD upgrade. That makes it attracting.

16. timtam macrumors member

Well, I've decided to buy the current machine now.

Seriously, I cant wait any longer :eek:

:apple:

17. plumpan macrumors regular

seeing as i have no use for the MBA, and do not feel like waiting in the dark any longer, i will be buying a MBP this week. its not as if any performance upgrades will be significantly better than the current MBP anyways (at least for a while). at the very least, i was hoping for some cosmetic upgrades and penryn today :confused:.

18. HenMaster6000 macrumors regular

i wanted to like the mba, but without firewire (imovie??), without ethernet, with only one usb port, etc., i just can't justify it.

i will wait. i've been waiting for maybe a year. i'm using a 2003 TiBook, and it sucks. but i can't buy now, knowing well that there's a significant update on its way.

at a minimum penryn, at a maximum who knows (multitouch, case-redesign)...it's worth waiting, even if i delude myself for months.

it's just frustrating...

19. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

20. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

You'll see a very minor processor bump in the next 6 to 12 weeks.

I highly doubt you'll see a redesign until late summer, fall or early winter.

This is my 2 cents.

21. UK-sHaDoW macrumors newbie

I'm buying one now, because quite frankly I need a new pc. At the moment my pc is half open with a desk fan blowing into the case to stop from randomly restarting and underclocked. I brought back in 2001. I think the bearings in the fans might be going. And the hard drive makes odd noises every now and then
    :p

Yes I'm cheap. Normally.

22. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

New 15" 2.4GHz with 200GB 7200RPM HD just ordered. Can't Wait.

23. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

If I was in the market for a MacBook Pro, I'd wait until next Tuesday to see if Apple doesn't launch a refreshed model then.

I believe they announced the Mac Pro a week before MWSF to keep the focus on the MacBook Air, AppleTV2, and Time Capsule. As such, they very well might have wanted to do the same with the MBP upgrade and as such schedule it for next week.

24. MoreMaypo macrumors newbie

I would expect to see the new multitouch pad incorporated in the next major MBP update.

25. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I think I'm still gonna sell my 2.2GHz MBP and keep the money for when a new one comes out. I don't need a MBP as I have a Windows laptop from work, so I'm ok with waiting...for now