Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I have had my phone without a case for the last 5 days. At first I thought it was too slippery, but after a couple days it feels way better!

I have Applecare+ and also a protection plan through Verizon (I only pay $7.15/mo, mainly for Loss and theft thats not covered by Apple). I think it feels better in my hand than the first day I took the case off, I guess I just got used to it, but if you don't have a protection plan I would really advice to have a case on it.

officepet

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
Anyone using (rocking...) their white face 6/6+ naked?

Hi everyone,

I've been using (rocking...) my iphones since 3GS to 5. All of them are black and naked in my left jean pocket (the phone pocket). I'm about to purchase a 6 and use it in the same fashion but I'm considering a white one this time.

I'd like to know if you're also using (rocking...) a white 6/6+ naked, are there dusts accumulating around seam between the curved glass and the back metal casing? Has it changed after the curved glass design? I've seen a couple of white iphone 4/5s and the seam is quite dirty after a couple of months, black ones are definitely as dirty but it's too dark to discover..

naked after a couple of months pics are welcome.. Thanks guys!

:apple:

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Hi everyone,

I've been using (rocking...) my iphones since 3GS to 5. All of them are black and naked in my left jean pocket (the phone pocket). I'm about to purchase a 6 and use it in the same fashion but I'm considering a white one this time.

I'd like to know if you're also using (rocking...) a white 6/6+ naked, are there dusts accumulating around seam between the curved glass and the back metal casing? Has it changed after the curved glass design? I've seen a couple of white iphone 4/5s and the seam is quite dirty after a couple of months, black ones are definitely as dirty but it's too dark to discover..

naked after a couple of months pics are welcome.. Thanks guys!

:apple:

Nothing that a toothbrush and some floss can't handle.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Having both the 6 and 6+, I must say that the 6 is much easier to handle without a case. The 6+ felt slippery but I'm guessing it's because I didn't have as firm of a grip on the sides. The only reason I ever use a case is if I'm going out.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
Although it looks good.. it's always nerve-wrecking thinking that you might possibly drop your new iphone 6/ 6plus.. I love how the iphone 6/6plus looks, and wanted to get a case that'd preserve the look. Sooooo this is what I got.

Thoughts?!
It looks good, but I don't see that offering much in terms of protection from drops. Mostly just from everyday scratches.

LennyFL

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
iPhone 6 Plus with Otterbox. I like the belt clip case.

I've already dropped it coming up the stairs and it cartwheeled 3 more stairs. I had it in my hand getting out of the car and when I closed the door it fell as I was stepping out and I kicked it under the car next to me.

Otterbox is the only way to go.

Wackadoo

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2015

I've already dropped it coming up the stairs and it cartwheeled 3 more stairs. I had it in my hand getting out of the car and when I closed the door it fell as I was stepping out and I kicked it under the car next to me.

I'm sorry but if I had to use an otterbox case on any device I would simply skip them.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010

Sometimes trying to grab hold of a fumbling phone will boost velocity and send the phone rapidly flying from grasp. So it winds up with an impact way more than a mere drop. It can go airborne, Frisbee-like, and spin/skid across hard and rough surfaces.

Wackadoo

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2015
Glossy for me. Matte on the screen looks funny to me.

I even made a camera protrusion protector with the home button cutout. Now the camera ring doesnt touch when I set the phone on a desk or hard smooth surface, phone rests on the BSE skin. And it almost looks invisible but still protecting the camera protrusion.

Wow. Why didn't you just leave it in the box? Then you wouldn't have to worry at all.

officepet

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
I guess I'll pick up a space grey one early Feb and "rock" it naked (not semi-naked with protectors etc.), not many people "rock" white ones naked no?

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Finally in stock at Apple! Ordered. £34.

...you see, this is the thing about pouches (Sena pouches look awsome by the way!) - you have to constantly take the phone in and out if them, to use it.

Get a text message? Pull the phone out, reply, put the phone back in.
Get a call? Pull the phone out, answer call, talk, end call, put phone back.

Wanna check an app/use safari, or whatever? Pull the phone, and, well, you get the picture.....!!!!

I'm not sure if I could keep doing this all the time! This is the trade off with having your phone 'naked' and in a pouch - the fact that you constantly have to pull it in and out of the damn thing...!!!!

tryphone

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
Not everyone has butterfingers or is accident prone. I've never had a case on any 7 of the iPhone's and they remained pristine. Yes even the chamfered edges

I can't wait to see some of the ridiculousness when the apple watch comes out. Someone's gonna make a case oh and screen protectors lol.

This. I've seen cases cause damage, overhead phones, and just annoy me. I like my phones naked. Though my 5c does have a case on it

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
How many on this thread are 6 plus "naked" compared to 6 "naked"? Just wondering if there's a difference...?

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Need to use a case with this phone, phone is too skinny and slippery not to. Already dropped it a couple times from it falling out my pocket or just me being plain clumsy, ether way the case has justified itself.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Every now and again I feel the bottom left of my screen "click" as if it's popped up a bit. Anyone else have this or heard of?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.