Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
I had the dark iPhone 5 before my space gray 6. Both naked. I find the 6 much more scratch resitant than the 5, especially the aluminium back. The 5's back scratched pretty easily -- but I prefered that color to the current grays.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I'm using it naked too, and when not in use, I keep it always in my senna case.

I keep thinking of a sleeve but when I had one on my 5s I kept having to put in and take out the phone all the time. Do you just use the sleeve when out and about?

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Have gone naked before, have also used the SENA pouch, planned on going naked with 6+, but this is a phone that needs a case:rolleyes:

Went with the apple leather case in black, best of both worlds, get the feel of leather in a VERY SLIM case and no headache of having to pull it out of a pouch...which is probably the riskiest time for dropping it:eek:

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
I keep thinking of a sleeve but when I had one on my 5s I kept having to put in and take out the phone all the time. Do you just use the sleeve when out and about?

No, I use it almost all the time. But sometimes, when i'm at home or at work, I just put the phone over it. It's very easy and fast taking out/in the phone with this sleeve.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
No, I use it almost all the time. But sometimes, when i'm at home or at work, I just put the phone over it. It's very easy and fast taking out/in the phone with this sleeve.

Yeah, I'd like to get a Sena case, had one on my 5s but for some reason they're as "rare as hens teeth" here in the UK. I think Sena has messed up with the 6 and 6 plus over here. They used to be available in Apple stores but as I say, I cant find one anywhere and to buy from Sena in the US is $80!

Sosab123

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2014
I'm addicted to percocets and Xanax and I've been using both while using my iPhone 6+ for over a month now and it's still flawless . I have cases I just opt not to use them cause the phone is beautiful

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
No case.

I'll be selling it early before prices slide down. Especially due to those of us who will be buying iP6S upon it's release. I don't expect these to hold much resale, but I don't care.

I knew it was taking a risk. Paid off, whatever I get will be good enough.

501STF

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2015
You should rename this thread to Who's 6 is already scratched and dented!

Not everyone has butterfingers or is accident prone. I've never had a case on any 7 of the iPhone's and they remained pristine. Yes even the chamfered edges

I can't wait to see some of the ridiculousness when the apple watch comes out. Someone's gonna make a case oh and screen protectors lol.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Yeah, I'd like to get a Sena case, had one on my 5s but for some reason they're as "rare as hens teeth" here in the UK. I think Sena has messed up with the 6 and 6 plus over here. They used to be available in Apple stores but as I say, I cant find one anywhere and to buy from Sena in the US is $80!

I'm pretty sure you can find them on Amazon, here in the UK.

EDIT - Here you go:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=iphone 6 sena

;)

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
it took me a while to get used to the 6.
but now im used to it enough that im comfortable holding it with out a case. I'm more familiar with the shape and how to grip it properly.

NikeTalk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Screen protectors are a money grab. They're completely unnecessary unless you carry rocks in your pocket.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
That's like saying insurance is a money grab. To an extent, it is, by the nature of how it works. But those who've had to collect on losses were gratified that they had insurance.

Abandapart82

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2008
I know it's bulky but I just bought an otter box defender for my new 6+. I work mostly outside and with tools so I really don't want to drop it or touch it with my dirty hands. Id rather just wipe off the case than risk damaging the phone. Plus I'd like to keep the resale value as high as I possibly can.

Knapple

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
I was without a case for the first few months but the iphone 6 was just too slippery for my taste, so I bought a case just to get better grip so i don't have to worry about dropping it

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Screen protectors are a money grab. They're completely unnecessary unless you carry rocks in your pocket.

I dropped a glass on my screen and left a ding. A screen protector could have prevented that.

But I'd rather have a ding and lower the resale value, than having an all-around uglier screen for the rest of this ownership period.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland

I had the same problem so then I've bought it directly from their online store.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area

Uhhh, yeah, whatever you say.

I work on the retail end and we see people without screen protectors all the time. 99% of those people have all sorts of fine little scratches on their iPhones. So your logic is completely false.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
This is as naked as I'm going to get (for now). Spigen Thin Fit Crystal Clear. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421870276.296804.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421870297.301447.jpg

Wackadoo

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2015
Uhhh, yeah, whatever you say.

I work on the retail end and we see people without screen protectors all the time. 99% of those people have all sorts of fine little scratches on their iPhones. So your logic is completely false.

Uhhh, yeah, whatever you say. Right back at ya. Never had a scratch fine or otherwise. So your logic is completely false.

mele14

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2015
This is beyond true, I cant even begin to state how many people's phone cases I see that are just dirty and linty, and that the person probably hasnt ever taken the phone out the case to clean the phone/case; and that there is just so much lint and grit inside the case that it actually dirtys both the case and phone, and also the phone STILL gets scratched even in the case because ALOT of people dont even bother to ever clear it, thus scratches form all over the device, even with a case.

Rocking no case here, Just got a Ghost Armor screen protector(oil and liquid resistant, really good screen protector clarity, oil\liquiddoesn't really smudge the screen at all unless you have a decent amount on your screen) and also Applecare +, Couldnt be anymore happier , I love my 6 and the Ghost Armor screen protector and knowing I have Applecare + on it. Phone has to be rocked naked, it's just such a dam joy to hold and use with no case, I love the feeling of the phone and the thinness and tapered edges, I dont feel like it will fall out my hand, I got a good grip on it and I can grip it well(I feel like I can grip it even better then most phones because of the tapered edges, I can just squeeze it pretty nicely and firmly in my hand)

Plus the curved glass display is just so dam beautiful on the front, i dont ever want to get rid of that finger glide when you slide your fingers off the screen on the edges....to each of their own though

What brand is the glass that you use? It is curved?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.