Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I hope you guys clean out the case daily. Little particles of debris will make your iPhone look worse than any iphone that's never been in a case.

I've never used a case since the 3G. I normally buy an Ikonic Edge leather pouch for when I'm traveling. It also double as a nice soft place to rest my iPhone on.

This is beyond true, I cant even begin to state how many people's phone cases I see that are just dirty and linty, and that the person probably hasnt ever taken the phone out the case to clean the phone/case; and that there is just so much lint and grit inside the case that it actually dirtys both the case and phone, and also the phone STILL gets scratched even in the case because ALOT of people dont even bother to ever clear it, thus scratches form all over the device, even with a case.

Rocking no case here, Just got a Ghost Armor screen protector(oil and liquid resistant, really good screen protector clarity, oil\liquiddoesn't really smudge the screen at all unless you have a decent amount on your screen) and also Applecare +, Couldnt be anymore happier , I love my 6 and the Ghost Armor screen protector and knowing I have Applecare + on it. Phone has to be rocked naked, it's just such a dam joy to hold and use with no case, I love the feeling of the phone and the thinness and tapered edges, I dont feel like it will fall out my hand, I got a good grip on it and I can grip it well(I feel like I can grip it even better then most phones because of the tapered edges, I can just squeeze it pretty nicely and firmly in my hand)

Plus the curved glass display is just so dam beautiful on the front, i dont ever want to get rid of that finger glide when you slide your fingers off the screen on the edges....to each of their own though

Attachments

• IMG_20141013_162234.jpg
    IMG_20141013_162234.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20141013_162252.jpg
    IMG_20141013_162252.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20141013_162314.jpg
    IMG_20141013_162314.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
been using iphones since the 3g. never had a shattered screen.
the 6 is the first phone im using with a case on. the bigger size and the rounded edge makes it harder to grip and i feel like id drop it a lot more.
it just feels more fragile.
maybe once i stop caring about it ill take the case off.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Curious, are any of you worried about moisture from your hand seeping in through the edge of the screen or the seams of the Apple logo?

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
Mine is BSE screen protector front and back, it's almost naked without scratching the front and the back. Love the curved screen, BSE coverage is great.

Always had front and back screen protectors on all my iPhones since 3GS. Its not as easy to put on, but once you take the time, it lasts a year or so. I replace it every year.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I was using a Spigen case until yesterday. Received and installed BSE last night. It looks/feels good. :)

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
Is semi-naked acceptable? I use a Spigen Air Skin Soft clear. Very thin, and still protects and shows off iPhone 6+ design.

Does that case protect the protruding camera? Is it thicker than 0.4mm, I saw some images claiming that the camera sticks out 0.67mm. If its 0.4mm then it wont protect the camera when you set the phone down. I am looking to get one for my wife's 6+.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
No case, no gimmicky fake glass screen protector, nothing. I keep a dedicated pocket for my phone and I'm careful with it. Have had naked iPhones since the original iPhone. Have dropped a couple with only minor scratches but no damage to screen. I'm just very careful.

ventana

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2014
do you use a case or no on your 6+

so i just got my 6+ yesterday and i love it but having a little buyers remose since it is so big. I know it will take time to get used too since the biggest phone ive ever had was the 5s but i know i will learn to love it. But my main question is do you guys use a case or no? to me the phone feels and looks 10x better without a case and you can hold it alot easier and use it more freely. what do you guys think?

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
I have been caseless for years and recently started using one mainly because I really don't like the antenna bands on the 6. I've noticed having the case gives me a lot of freedom because I'm not constantly worried about scratching my phone which is nice. Before I wouldn't sit my phone down unless I knew the surface was completely clean and now I can sit it anywhere and I also don't get as nervous when handing it to people.

I usually upgrade each time a new model is released and any imperfections are brutal for resale value.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I'm using the Apple black leather case. It's form-fitting and still makes the Plus nice to hold.

Centient

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
Using SUPCASE with clear, plastic back and black bumpers. Looks fine on my SG 6+. No front protector.

I always use cases. I tend to drop my phones from time to time, and don't like worrying about setting the phone down on imperfect surfaces.

I'm on the VZ Edge program so I want to try to prevent as much wear and tear as possible.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
so i just got my 6+ yesterday and i love it but having a little buyers remose since it is so big. I know it will take time to get used too since the biggest phone ive ever had was the 5s but i know i will learn to love it. But my main question is do you guys use a case or no? to me the phone feels and looks 10x better without a case and you can hold it alot easier and use it more freely. what do you guys think?

No case. Never had one - don't see the need. I have had my 6 plus for over 3 weeks. Not a scratch on it. Don't handle it with kid gloves either. I throw it on my wood desk, put in on a metal tray at home, keep it in my pocket (where it has encountered buttons or jeans rivets on the way in or out and I toss it in the center console of my car. I've even banged it against a lamp a few times. Not one scuff. These things are way more hardy than people make out. They aren't fragile porcelain objects.

Had my 5 for 2 years -- no case. Sold it for highest amount possible at Gamestop.

The whole case fad came about due to the antenna gate thing -- where Apple provided bumpers for free to resolve the issue. The only other scenario is a desire to "personalize" your phone via a case (which is mainly for teenagers).

Keep in mind that a case does not protect the screen. It may protect the back from scuffs. That's about it. Hardly worth it. In my view, people have been conditioned to "think" they need a case. Where the reality is -- it is NOT needed, necessary or a bad thing if you don't have one. Don't run with the herd. Most people now buy cases out of "habit", without really thinking about it. Case manufacturers love to create fear, uncertainty and doubt, thus creating a market for cases. You drop a phone directly on its glass screen (screen facing down) from 4 or 5 feet -- it will likely crack. I don't care what case is on the sides or back.

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I'm using the Apple leather case at the moment. I usually case-up to begin with then after a few months "go naked". That said, a colleague at work dropped his onto the kitchen floor and he now has a little dink on the corner of the bezel.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
For me, case is a MUST HAVE on my Phone. I'd rather protect my device then being sorry for dropping my phone.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
apple black leather case = best case IMO

protects the back and the sides but doesn't add too much bulk. also, it feels very grippy and premium in hand.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
The wife has always used a case. She has the Apple silicone but looking around. It makes it more grippy besides the protection including banging around in her bottomless purse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.