Who's switching no matter what iPhone 5 is?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Aug 1, 2011.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I am going to be switching a SGS2 or maybe holdout for the Nexus Prime if it hits before Thanksgiving.

I am not switching because I think anything is superior to iPhone but more because I just want a change. I doubt I'd switch back to iPhone until the next iPhone because I'm not one to switch phones often. I keep what I get and stick with it for at least a year.

Apple makes a great phone but so does Samsung. Either one will make me happy but I'm ready to try something else.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Not me. I like my phone working all the time. I don't care about specs.

3. davie18 macrumors regular

Then you might like one of these:
    [​IMG]
    I've had it for about 4-5 years and not had even a minor problem with it!

4. itsalexaye macrumors regular

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Actually, I still have one of these:
    [​IMG]
    I still use it as a replacement to my iPhone when I go dirt bike riding. Great, sturdy messaging phone. Just not a smart phone.

6. aohus macrumors 68000

as an android enthusiast i'm holding out hope for the iPhone refresh. I was NOT a fan of the all glass iP4.

IF iP5 ends up having a notification LED and bigger screen, I will be switching to iPhone5.

btw, i started out with a kyocera cell phone ('02) to Razr ('06) to BB Storm ('08) to Droid X ('10).

7. darthlinux macrumors member

I won't be switching, I love my iphone4 and will love it even more with IOS 5

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I ditched the iPhone when they came out with the iPhone 4. There was no reason other than service issues with AT&T. Now that VZW has it, I'll be switching from my Droid X to the next iPhone and sticking with VZW.

9. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I don't know, if the iPhone 5 is significantly larger I'll get the white Galaxy S2, that's it for me really.

10. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Oh my :eek:

[​IMG]

That phone is quite elegant looking (white iPhone 4 is also beautiful).

You have great taste in phones I must say :D

11. korndawg macrumors regular

12. ap3604 macrumors 68000

LoL naw I was being serious :)

Love the look of the white iPhone 4 already. He said the white galaxy s II which I hadn't heard of yet so I looked it up and I am happy he mentioned it because it looks great as well. Either way I'm going to end up with a white phone this fall.

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I probably will provided I don't blow my $$ on stupid stuff.

14. essential macrumors regular

I'm getting a 5 no matter what. Sold my 4 for $450, going to pay $200 out of pocket for an unlocked 5 (i'm still under contract with AT&T till Feb 2011). Then next summer i'll sell my 5 for $400-$500, and use that money to buy a 6 on contract for $250 and pocket the difference.

Technically you could repeat this process every summer and always have the newest phone with nothing out of pocket except for the first time you do it (assuming you have a good backup for that month between the sale of the phone and the next phone release, I have a Samsung Captivate backup).

15. EddyP macrumors 6502

Me too. It will either be the 5 or a 4. Depending on what the 5 is.

I'm still praying and sacrificing chickens to the phone gods hoping for a phone with multiple radios (GSM-CDMA) in it. Then I'll have the best of both worlds. Verizon for my service at home and a GSM phone to use when traveling. Please, please, please phone gods. Make it happen.

16. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

If I switch phones, I'll be switching out of AT$T...what a joke of a company. Sprint and their unlimited data 4G and better pricing looking more and more tempting.

17. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I like having Sprint as an option for competition purposes to keep others honest but $80/month MINIMUM (even if it is unlimited) is just too damn much to spend on a cell phone ever month :(

At least ATT allows you to go w/ a $55 plan and has the iPhone...

ATT:
    - $40/mo voice
    - $15/mo data
    - $00/mo free unlimited text message with google voice

18. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

I will be switching to the iPhone 5, or the galaxy S2, which ever one peaks my interest. I will be keeping my iPhone 4 as I can't imagine life without an iPhone. I'll likely end up selling the galaxy s2 and getting the iPhone 5 anyway. So yeah, I'm getting the iPhone. Kidney goes up for sale in about 2 weeks.

19. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Now thats just plain terrible :(

20. MRiOS macrumors regular

I know I will. As much as I like WebOS on my Palm Pixi Plus, the screen size and the lack of updates past 1.4.x are making me move faster to switch to something else.

21. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I have the iPhone 4 and will be switching whenever my contract comes up, October of 2012. I know that is a long time but I so love my iPhone 4 and when I get iOS 5 on it I will love it even more.

22. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the S2 significantly larger than the iPhone 4? If the iPhone 5 is larger, i think it'll be the same size as the S2 or a bit smaller.

23. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

If AT&T offers the same deal as with the iPhone 4 (early renewal, and yeah I know they probably only did it to keep people from switching to VZ, but I can hope...), I'll likely upgrade assuming it has an extra feature or two that's significantly better than the 4 (more RAM would be nice.)

I do kinda hope the screen is slightly bigger, especially if they get rid of the home button and make it all gesture based. I'd buy day one for that.

24. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Same here. Selling my iPhone 4 to get ready for the iPhone 5 when it arrives. Till then I will be making do with an old 3Gs and a Samsung galaxy S II that I have on the way.

25. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Not replacing my iPhone 4 until the iPhone gets 4g :)