Who's With Me? (Sept. Update Frustrations)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dasikes, Aug 6, 2008.

1. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

This is not a post asking what the speculated updates will be.

I'm on the verge of buying a MacBook, but I'm holding off until the September update to do so. All I want to know, is who's in this boat with me, and is it not maddening having to wait for something that may not happen!?

2. Scathach macrumors newbie

I'm getting a new Macbook, or maybe a pro, when they update next so I can actually have a Mac I can travel with. I love my Macbook but I want a more rugged machine, so my lovely, but delicate, Macbook has been living on my desk for 6 months. I honestly don't mind the wait at all, I personally didn't have much choice but to purchase a new notebook till september anyhoo, thanks to when financial aid disbursements occur which is usually the 2nd week in September. But I am quite excited to see what Apple will come up with. I'm not to worried about missing out on the Back to School promo either, I am thinking about getting a touch but I would rather pay for an updated model.

3. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

I was in that boat until Monday when I jumped overboard and bought a BlackBook. Couldn't be happier. Unless your more of a technology freak than I am(and that would be saying something) you might as well buy the current one now. It is a great piece of machinery, and it's gonna take one heck of an update for me to be disappointed with my purchase. Good luck with your wait!!

4. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

So, you're buying a second MacBook?

5. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I don't know. I'm pretty crazy about gadgets :D I have to wait until someone actually hands me the cash for the laptop I'm selling to get said MacBook (the girlfriend, who, unlike me, is actually good with money insisted upon this). So, I have to wait a little while anyway.

It's killing me, though.

6. Scathach macrumors newbie

Yep, since I had so a few issues with my current Macbook its been stuck on desk duty (Apple sent me a new one since they decided my old one was a lemon). I really don't want to deal with anymore cracking issues so I am giving this one to the hubby for home use (I am trying to convert him lol). I have been using an old toshiba when I travel, but I want to retire it. I was going to pick up a pro but with all the new notebook talk I am definitely going to wait for new models... If the new macbook is going to be aluminum I am so picking it up.

7. ghostguts macrumors regular

Christ, can we please end the endless procession of these frivolous threads?

Whatever reservations you have about this and that have been answered by the predecessor threads, so please stop.

8. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

What other threads have been posted simply asking who is feeling impatient? Sure there are lots of threads about updates speculation, but if you actually READ the first post:

You would have noticed that. Read before you post, ghostguts.

9. ghostguts macrumors regular

Every single post asking whether or not the person should wait is based on some degree of frustration of waiting for an update.

10. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I never asked if I should wait. I said I am waiting. It was thread started for those who can relate. Your post was unrelated to what was asked in the original post, therefore unnecessary and irrelevant.

11. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Anyway, back on topic:

Good call! That sounds like it'll work out nicely for you :D You get a convert AND a new laptop :D

12. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I'm impatient to see the new computers, not to buy one. Not for another two years anyway, or until this one gives up the ghost. :)

13. rolex54 macrumors 6502

14. snowpea macrumors newbie

oh, i've been wanting to post something like this, but was afraid of backlash. i'm soo frustrated! i'd finally made the decision to switch to apple, and have given myself until end of aug as a deadline for purchase. I still hope for the update to happen sooner though! (hence my obsessive habit of checking this site)

15. dino0829 macrumors member

Can't ... take ... any ... more!

... Can't ... wait ... any ... longer! Must ... buy now! Someone please talk me out of it, before I hit 'Buy Now'! The agony is too much! Have you no decency, Mr. Jobs? No compassion? End our suffering!

16. efil macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how much longer I can wait, hopefully it'll be before September when they announce it. I'm jumping back and forth between the MB and Sony Vaio SR.

17. dino0829 macrumors member

I think it's obvious ...

... that you've never owned a Mac.

18. LinMac macrumors 65816

I think it is obvious that you really like OS X. ;)

Sony's new hardware isn't half bad and some of us aren't so tied to OS X that we simply must buy Apple hardware. I buy the hardware because OS X isn't too bad and Apple's hardware has a good form factor/quality to it that I like. I install Linux beside OS X so I can get some work done with software that isn't part of the Apple fold.

SuSE, Ubuntu, and a plethora of others could easily replace OS X for many people if they're fed up with Apple. :D

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Why are you frustrated? I hate to say, but it's nothing you can do if Apple doesn't release a product when you want.

20. dino0829 macrumors member

Guilty as charged. I was just being funny. This is a Mac forum, after all. I know a lot of folks swear by Linux, and I'd gladly take that over my work PC, which makes me need to shower after using it! :D

21. VietlOtUs macrumors member

Same here. This will be my first experience with a mac. After knowing of the rumor of an update, I am more hesitant to make a purchase. I want to take advantage of the back to school incentive though... so I'll hold on 'till close to the deadline; that's it.

;)

22. Alx9876 macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

I'm with you.

I thought I was alone on this. I am in the boat with you waiting. I have expressed a few times how much the wait is killing me and disrupting my sleep at night.

I am still here waiting this out. The best thing to do is ignore this website. It helps alot. :)

23. wickedawesome31 macrumors member

I'm playing the waiting game for my first mac. Fall classes start September 3rd, so it looks like i'll just have to use the computers in the library for a while. I only hope we see a special event sometime in late August or early September :)

24. urbanskywalker macrumors 6502

I'm waiting but looking at the clock. I start teaching at the start of September. For now I'm prepping on my imac but I need a laptop for the start of classes. I've got that waiting on hold for tech support feeling. I might just buy and ignore the apple sites if nothing show up by the third week or August.

25. LinMac macrumors 65816

He is frustrated because he hasn't won the waiting game yet! :D