Why do so many people seem to think the 6+ will have 2GB RAM???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appledes7, Sep 13, 2014.

1. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

I have seen no credible evidence supporting this, yet everyone seems to be saying it. I bought a 6+ and I'm super excited. But not a single part of me expects 2GB RAM because no evidence points to that.

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Same. I bought the 6+ and I really don't see why it would have 2GB of RAM.

Where did this rumor begin?

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

i agree, but the 6+ will more than likely have a bumped up RAM and i have no complaints at all.

4. munkydust macrumors member

They've been working on these phones for a long time and wouldn't release something that wouldn't perform well due to lack of spending a couple more dollars on more RAM. I don't care if it has 2MB of RAM as long as it performs well.

5. AverageBob macrumors member

We're just hoping we don't know. I'm not an expert but I'm thinking 2GB of Ram might help it run smoother because it also has the full HD display to deal with. I also hope that the tab reload issue is resolved asap whatever its cause, ram or not.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I hope it does. To deal with all those extra pixels, the user experience is going to be pathetic if the A8 isn't running faster, and if there isn't more memory compared to the 6.

7. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

They're probably just saving it for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

8. THE BG 86 macrumors regular

Exactly.

9. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I found this on a GSM Site I hope it is not an error.

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_plus-6665.php

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

11. AverageBob macrumors member

12. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Tbh. Apple can be so forward sometimes, but so ignorant with other things. Hopefully the phone runs fine off 1 GB of RAM.

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Real question is who cares? We all know there's more to a phone than its RAM.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

How would this benefit Apple if they never advertise the RAM in the first place?

15. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

I just hope it runs well and not slow compared to the 6.
    Lots of threads suggesting the massive pixel increase will make the 6+ seem juddery or slow, and it actually makes sense! Hopefully they have compensated with higher clock rate or something. I'd hate for a new "show off graphics" iphone 6 game/app to end up running slower on the 6+.

16. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Until Apple make it public, or someone gets possession of, and tears down a 6 and a 6+, no one knows.

People are making themselves look silly by making specific statements about RAM as if it's a fact.

17. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

We'll know for sure on the 19th. I can already imagine how many youtube videos will go up of people taking the 6 and 6+ apart!

18. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Because many people who buy the 6+ have a need to feel superior to people who only bought a 6. The screen size and camera thingy just aren't enough to satisfy these maniacs. An extra gig of RAM, now that would launch them to the top of the iPhone pyramid.

19. legioxi macrumors 6502a

RAM has never been a bullet point for them. I doubt they're intentionally saving it for a bullet point on the 6s and 6s+.

20. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

Rolls-Royce used to describe their horsepower as "sufficient". Just like RAM.

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It a lot of confused people with wishful thinking sprinkled with Macrumors pixie dust. Voila! 2GB.

22. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

haha. Love it. Thanks for the laugh!

23. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'm betting it will have 2 GB of RAM, just like I bet the 5.5" was real and would debut at the same time as the 4.7" ;)

:apple:

24. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I think most speculation about 2 GB of RAM comes from the fact that it has a higher resolution display. That doesn't necessarily mean it will require more RAM, but it definitely would help.

I don't care about specs as long as the user experience remains great. There have been times when Apple released products that were hindered by underperforming hardware. One example that comes to mind is the iPad 3, which had a retina display but did not have the hardware to perform well with it. I still have one of these and it lags and stutters a great deal, as well as force closing apps often (even after a full reset).

I think examples like that are minimal, so let's hope the iPhone 6 Plus is not one of them. I won't deny that I'm a bit concerned about RAM and perhaps the scaling required for the 1080p screen. But for now, I will give Apple the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best. If not, then it'll go back and I'll get the smaller one.