Why does apple have to issue a recall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconeight, Jul 13, 2010.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

The phone has a 100% warranty you have 30 days to get all your money back. It's not like a car that you can't return it's a cellphone. If you have a problem with the hardware and are not willing to put a case on it then you can return it get your money back and move to another brand it's simple.

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

According to the New York Times today they don't. All they really need to do is offer free Bumpers or equal amount of credit so owners can purchase the case of their choice. They specifically mentioned the Consumer Reports article and the Cult of Mac articles in their piece.

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

For their image. They don't want to be selling faulty products...

People who want an iPhone should be able to buy a fully-functional iPhone. Period.

4. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

People like you are missing the point. We want the iPhone 4, we like the iPhone 4, we want it to work as advertised and like it should work. They should issue a recall to acknowledge that they messed up and provide replacements with phones that work properly.

I don't remember Steve saying in the keynote that you have to hold it a certain way or that the proximity sensor would wreak havoc on a phone call.

5. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

The reason why they would issue a recall is if the device doesn't work as advertised or how they designed it.

Will they issue a recall? Don't think so

6. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

Apple is really hurting their reputation with the hardcore fan base. The people who waiting in line all day for this phone are not going to want to be guinea pigs anymore. The ones who are switching to Apple for their first time will think twice about making another Apple purchase.

7. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Wow:rolleyes: Really? I thought you had new info. This has been said like in every thread about iPhone problems. Did you just up with this or did you have help?

8. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Just wondering.
    I left for about a week (that is I left macrumors) at the time the signal loss craze was dying down, what has sparked it back up again?

9. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Come on give me a break it's just a phone and it works their is a 1 cm strip that you can't touch. So either you don't touch it or return it for a refund. I reiterate it's just a phone that is 100% warranted no need to act like it's brakes on car and you are going to die if it doesn't work. People need to relax and eal with it.

10. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Crazy people and consumer reports

11. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

If you wait in a line for a cellphone, sleep outside, cut work then you have the problem not apple.

12. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Proximity sensor is a software issue and touching any antennae will change it's value. Just don't touch it.

13. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

Hell I didn't do it. I reserved mine. But the bottom line is they are hurting that core group of users that make Apple special.

14. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It's insane those people need intervention.

15. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Only way I would participate in a recall is by having Apple fedexing me a new iPhone 4 fully functional overnight + a Giftcard for $50-$100.

I'm not standing in line at Apple or AT&T to return my phone. Blek...

16. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Why are people crazy? If there is a problem why are the customers crazy?

17. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

That core group of people are driving me crazy they act like the phone is killing them. I am afraid that soon they will start asking for government intervention and compensation for mental anguish.

18. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Yet people who just ignore it due to being fans of Apple are just as bad. Even saw a post saying we should just ignore any problems one has with the phone and praise Apple for such a good looking device.

19. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

They are crazy because it's a phone it's not that important. People come to forums to talk about products, accessories, need help. But it's insane that a 1 cm strip of antennae makes it onto CNN.

20. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

A phone can be a very important thing to a person. Just because it isn't important to you doesn't mean it isn't important.

I know my phone is VERY important to me.

21. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I'm not an apple fan I like this phone and came to see what case I should get. I have only owned an iPod and this phone. I never heard the word fanboy until a couple of weeks ago.

22. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Ok then just enjoy your phone and don't worry about others.

23. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

My phone is important but I'm not going into therapy over a single phone when there are thousands out there.

24. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Some people seem to forget that the vast majority of purchasers of the new iPhone are perfectly happy with their purchases. Most of them are too busy getting on with their lives to even know that there is an alleged "problem".

25. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

And who is going into therapy?