Why doesn't Apple skip the iPhone 7 September launch

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
...and have the Real iPhone 7 which is really what we want as in iPhone 8 with the glass build. AMOLED screen etc etc. We know the design is the same and camera is the only real big upgrade. Many people I know who upgrade every other cycle are skipping this because we want to be in on the iPhone 8 cycle instead of 2017.

Reactions: AleXXXa

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
...and have the Real iPhone 7 which is really what we want as in iPhone 8 with the glass build. AMOLED screen etc etc.
Those are rumors.. never bank on a rumor. Apple didn't get where they are without knowing what they're doing.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
...and have the Real iPhone 7 which is really what we want as in iPhone 8 with the glass build. AMOLED screen etc etc. We know the design is the same and camera is the only real big upgrade. Many people I know who upgrade every other cycle are skipping this because we want to be in on the iPhone 8 cycle instead of 2017.
Because this…
Because Apple makes a lot of money with every new phone release.
Apple is not interested in what the customer wants or in making the customer happy. Apple is interested in making money.

If making money is affected by enough unhappy customers Apple will change direction - but not because the customer is unhappy; only because that unhappiness means Apple is losing money.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Because there will be tons and tons of people acting outraged that Apple didn't release a new phone and Apple will be attacked because of it with extrapolations that they must not care about their customers and that they are doomed because they couldn't put out a new phone, etc., etc., etc.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
Apple should release when they have a product that's new and innovative - rather than these silly 12month cycles that simply keep the investors happy but mean they are never moving forward and simply copy the other vendors.

Last edited:

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
What is Apple to sell in the meantime if the phone you want with the features you want isn't ready yet?

Get real, buddy...

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Somebody get Cupertino on the phone. Hasan knows better than them on what they should be doing.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apple should release when they have a product that's new and innovative - rather than these silly 12month cycles that simply keep the investors happy but mean they are never moving forward and simply copy the other vendors.
Seems like most customers are petty happy and would likely be less so if there wasn't a new product every year.

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
In which way are you judging the right or wrong thing?
by the consumers? by the investors? by the company? by the tech?

Seems like most customers are petty happy and would likely be less so if there wasn't a new product every year.
and the source for your data on "most customers"?
Given sales of iPhones have declined at the same time other vendors market share has increased the data from apple would suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
In which way are you judging the right or wrong thing?
by the consumers? by the investors? by the company? by the tech?

and the source for your data on "most customers"?
Well, plenty of interest in new iPhones every year (there's still plenty of actual news coverage and people camping out with essentially every release, even all these years after the initial launch). And you can bet there would be plenty of negative things spun one way or another if Apple wasn't to release something new one of the years.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
To what thought? You don't know what the 7 will be...
But i do like the yearly icon colour change apple do - it's a must and makes all the difference.
Perhaps to that "don't know" part then?

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2012
what you mean is that YOU want. I love these poster who think everyone agrees with what they think.

No one if forcing you to buy if you don't want

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
what you mean is that YOU want. I love these poster who think everyone agrees with what they think.

No one if forcing you to buy if you don't want
That's the thing with them. They have no impulse control. The only way they won't buy the new phone is if there isn't one to buy. So they WILL buy it and spend the next year complaining about it.

Reactions: darthbane2k

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
We've had leaks for years that turned out legit bed are far enough along that I'll go ahead and eat my shoe laces if we see something vastly different than what we have seen leaked with the iPhone 7. Go ahead and bookmark this page and post. If I'm wrong I'll live stream the whole thing.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I can't wait that long. Will buy iPhone 7. i don't trust these rumors until the official device comes out

Reactions: IronH4WK

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
We've had leaks for years that turned out legit bed are far enough along that I'll go ahead and eat my shoe laces if we see something vastly different than what we have seen leaked with the iPhone 7. Go ahead and bookmark this page and post. If I'm wrong I'll live stream the whole thing.
And then there were times like the whole teardrop design that was talked about for a while only to end up nowhere at all.

Reactions: dontworry

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
To what thought? You don't know what the 7 will be...
But i do like the yearly icon colour change apple do - it's a must and makes all the difference.
I am in no hurry. Why not wish for the iPhone 9 instead of just the 8.

So typical of today's people to want it all now and do not want to wait. What a sad life you will have.

Reactions: ABC5S

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Skipping the iPhone 7 - that's ludicrous, can you imagine the outcry from those who are waiting, yes the 7 does appear to be a minor "spec bump" and the 8 is what everyone expects to be something special.

Still, skipping would have worse negative effects on Apple and its customers, then rolling out a minor update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.