Why doesn't Apple skip the iPhone 7 September launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, May 27, 2016.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

...and have the Real iPhone 7 which is really what we want as in iPhone 8 with the glass build. AMOLED screen etc etc. We know the design is the same and camera is the only real big upgrade. Many people I know who upgrade every other cycle are skipping this because we want to be in on the iPhone 8 cycle instead of 2017.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

So you're saying people should write off the iPhone 7 even though all we have at present are Chinese whispers , rumours and the usual array of mock ups of its design ?

3. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Because Apple makes a lot of money with every new phone release.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Those are rumors.. never bank on a rumor. Apple didn't get where they are without knowing what they're doing.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Because this…
    Apple is not interested in what the customer wants or in making the customer happy. Apple is interested in making money.

If making money is affected by enough unhappy customers Apple will change direction - but not because the customer is unhappy; only because that unhappiness means Apple is losing money.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Because there will be tons and tons of people acting outraged that Apple didn't release a new phone and Apple will be attacked because of it with extrapolations that they must not care about their customers and that they are doomed because they couldn't put out a new phone, etc., etc., etc.

7. AFEPPL, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016

AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Apple should release when they have a product that's new and innovative - rather than these silly 12month cycles that simply keep the investors happy but mean they are never moving forward and simply copy the other vendors.

8. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

What is Apple to sell in the meantime if the phone you want with the features you want isn't ready yet?

Get real, buddy...

9. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Somebody get Cupertino on the phone. Hasan knows better than them on what they should be doing.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like most customers are petty happy and would likely be less so if there wasn't a new product every year.

11. AFEPPL, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016

AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

In which way are you judging the right or wrong thing?
    by the consumers? by the investors? by the company? by the tech?

and the source for your data on "most customers"?
    Given sales of iPhones have declined at the same time other vendors market share has increased the data from apple would suggest otherwise.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, plenty of interest in new iPhones every year (there's still plenty of actual news coverage and people camping out with essentially every release, even all these years after the initial launch). And you can bet there would be plenty of negative things spun one way or another if Apple wasn't to release something new one of the years.

13. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Why don't they skip a major launch this year? Probably because they like money??

14. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Apple should not skip it. However your more than welcome to skip any iPhone realease you want.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sorry but looking forward to the 7. If you want the 8 then wait!

16. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

To what thought? You don't know what the 7 will be...
    But i do like the yearly icon colour change apple do - it's a must and makes all the difference.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps to that "don't know" part then?

18. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

what you mean is that YOU want. I love these poster who think everyone agrees with what they think.

No one if forcing you to buy if you don't want

19. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

That's the thing with them. They have no impulse control. The only way they won't buy the new phone is if there isn't one to buy. So they WILL buy it and spend the next year complaining about it.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

We've had leaks for years that turned out legit bed are far enough along that I'll go ahead and eat my shoe laces if we see something vastly different than what we have seen leaked with the iPhone 7. Go ahead and bookmark this page and post. If I'm wrong I'll live stream the whole thing.

21. Sunny1990 macrumors 68000

Sunny1990

I can't wait that long. Will buy iPhone 7. i don't trust these rumors until the official device comes out

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

And then there were times like the whole teardrop design that was talked about for a while only to end up nowhere at all.

23. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I am in no hurry. Why not wish for the iPhone 9 instead of just the 8.

So typical of today's people to want it all now and do not want to wait. What a sad life you will have.

24. cynics macrumors G3

Hold on I'm writing this down....new iPhone will be an incremental update..... This is really good stuff...

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Skipping the iPhone 7 - that's ludicrous, can you imagine the outcry from those who are waiting, yes the 7 does appear to be a minor "spec bump" and the 8 is what everyone expects to be something special.

Still, skipping would have worse negative effects on Apple and its customers, then rolling out a minor update.