Why don't people believe we've seen the new iPhone? *Should've Believed Me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Aug 3, 2012.

1. newyorksole, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

newyorksole macrumors 68030

EDIT: Pleeeeease Quote Me On September 12!

It just amazes me that after physical leak after physical leak, pictures and videos people still don't want to believe it. I just don't want people getting their hopes up. Why would Apple shock us with some totally new radically different phone? They don't have to.

Even before pictures leaked, there were articles telling us what it would look like (with the smaller dock connector, repositioned headphone jack and metal back.)

I'm sure everyone (including myself) is gonna love it...

iPhone 4S Leaked: http://www.appleinsider.com/article..._purported_apple_iphone_4s_parts_surface.html

iPhone 4 Leaked (not Gizmodo's leak):
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/12/next-generation-iphone-escapes-in-vietnam/

iPhone 3GS Leaked (Matte was because it was a rough finish, but the chrome lettering was official:
    http://www.gsmdome.com/iphone/iphone-3g-2009-versus-iphone-3g-supposedly_6420

iPhone 3G Leaked:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2008/05/19/3g-iphone-case-revealed/

AND... OUR NEW 2012 iPHONE

[​IMG]

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

It's because for some the phone is equally part hobby as it is a tool.

3. audix macrumors regular

Because a ridiculously tall iPhone 4S is not even remotely believeable. Apple is not stupid.

THE END.

4. tekno macrumors 6502a

I agree with this. I simply cannot believe Apple would dust-off a two-year old iPhone design, elongate the screen and release it. What the hell are Apple's R&D and design teams doing with their time otherwise?! After a year of development this is the best they can come up with?

Everyone can see this would be a mistake, so surely Apple can too.

5. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Because I thought Apple was smarter, than to keep the same design and style going on 3 years now. So it is .5" taller, big whip :rolleyes:

They need to go 4.3" being both wider & taller, or don't even bother, just stick with the wristwatch sized 3.5"

Last year right before the 4S came out, there were leaked pictures from Case-Mate, showing off an "iPhone5" and it was a larger phone, but the look and shape of it, sure looked a lot like the new iPad, same metal or aluminum back, and angled down curve around the band of the phone, not blocky like the current 4/4s.

6. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

For every genuine leak in the past that turned out to be the real thing, there are 100 leaks that turned out to be fake.

As much as the back and small dock connector are different it's just an elongated 4S.

Another .5 inch wider wouldn't hurt. People do like to think we haven't seen the 6th Gen iPhone yet, because if it is real, there is going to be more folk disappointed for the 2nd year running.

7. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

A 4.3" phone that is taller and wider would require a different resolution which means developers would have to redo their artwork. It's simply not going to happen this round. One of the reasons why the app experiences is so good on iOS is because of the care to make things pixel perfect. Apple will not move to screen sizes that require new resolutions until they are sure developer impact will be minimized with development tools.

8. MLG macrumors regular

I would be surprised and disappointed if Apple only released what is essentially a rehashed, stretched iPhone 4. Like others said, with 2 yrs of development time, they can do better than that. I think you'd see a lot of Android converts as people have been waiting for a while for Apple to catch up to the hardware that the competition has...if they disappoint, then it will likely cost them in sales.

9. cynics macrumors G3

While I'll reserve my opinion whether I think it is going to be the new iPhone it does seem a little half assed. Looking at it I feel apple sat around the entire time then last minute said, "oh crap, that's right we have to come out with a new phone!".

I really liked it till I saw the picture of someone holding it. It's looks awkwardly long.

10. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

yeah that leak by CaseMate was a render.

11. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Very few sales. People know what they're getting with an iPhone. They've seen friends and family members with iPhones. They know what a 3.5" screen looks like.

Yes we know what some of you want huge Android like screen but you're grossly overestimating the numbers of people that want larger screen. Apple sold 35 million phones last quarter where the newest iPhone was 8 month old.

Do you really think that there are millions of people just waiting to see if Apple delivers a larger screen? No. That number is in the thousands.

12. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

No, but lets say Joe Blow caveman walks into the phone store, and lets say this dude has no opinion of brand, not knowing Apple or Samsung that well. And he see's on display a iPhone with 3.5" washed out, colorless screen, and over in the other display is a Galaxy S3 with 4.8" Super AMOLED screen. Which phone will grab his attention better, and interest him ? I would think most Joe Blow's would be tempted by the larger and more colorful screen.

13. audix macrumors regular

And its complete and utter abounding idiocracy. It's 0% believable. Just look at iOS6.

Could you imagine trying to reach your fingers from the very top of the phone to the bottom of thr phone?

It's not even funny.

14. barjam macrumors regular

The video showing the put together parts has the guy doing just that and he isn't straining his go gets to do it.

15. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Please develop for android before making these comments. The android layout system doesn't work the same way as iOS. It handles multiple resolutions with ease. In fact it can handle the same resolution on two different size phones and scale the apps correctly so that the elements are the same size without any change made to the app. They designed it from the beginning to work with multiple resolutions and pixel densities. The way layouts are coded differs completely from how one would code an iOS app. The only people who have issues are the ones that try to code an app as if they were coding an iOS app. The good thing is that the majority of developers are now taking a serious initiative to code in the android way and make native looking apps. And if someone doesn't the reviews generally are negative and the developer works to make it more native.

16. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Because it is a horrible idea, and the majority of people do not like it and consider it a bad idea.

17. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

It depends really. Some people actually like to keep their phones small. If Joe Blow wants something that doesn't take up his whole pocket he may gravitate towards the iPhone. If he doesn't mind a huge phone he'll look at an S3.

I like the S3 screen but it's like most Samsung screens. The colors are too vivid and not realistic. Great for looking at the demo units but not so great for those looking at realism.

18. MLG macrumors regular

And from what I read here, Apple added that feature recently, too...

19. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

I agree that it would be nice if the phone was WIDER too, but I mean I guess a lot of people will be disappointed.

I'm excited. Just wait and see...

20. audix macrumors regular

You would be reaching over the bezel of the current phone.

That should not entice anybody.

21. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I'd love to think this same way but at the same time, many people have said that apple doesn't need to change a proven design that is making them money.

22. audix macrumors regular

A tall iPhone is not a proven design. If you look at every iPhone ever made, they are indistinguishable from the front side.

23. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I have no interest in developing for Android nor is it a requirement to understand how the OS manages UI. Thanks for elucidating us on the process used in Android by my post was strictly iOS based. Apple is moving towards more flexibility in how the UI dynamically manages elements which is probably similar to Android in ways and dissimilar in others.

At any rate I think multiple devices with multiple screen sizes will be the norm so anyone playing in the market is going to have to design for a plethora of resolutions.

24. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

No its not the same. Apple would have big trouble trying to have all the apps scale to 1280x720. You really need to code and use android extensively to see what I mean.