Why is Apple obsessed with the numbers "941"?

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
I think that's just a frame and not an actual screenshot of the iPad. Like a 3D render.

As for the video, I'm not sure if that's how they do it, but I think they also use multiple layers so that it's also a rendered iPad shot.

That's why it's always 9:41...cause they're using the same image.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I think that's just a frame and not an actual screenshot of the iPad. Like a 3D render.

As for the video, I'm not sure if that's how they do it, but I think they also use multiple layers so that it's also a rendered iPad shot.

I thought the same about the time aspect, but how do you explain that email using the numbers "941".
The time when the iPad was announced? Kind of like a similar story about the iPhone.
Event didn't start till 10 AM pacific time.

j26

macrumors 65832
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
3 squared, 2 squared, 1 squared?

Buggered if I know what it means though. Maybe it's an ancient code that unlocks the secret of the holy grail

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future

Speaking of Photoshop, there is no home button in the image. What do you think the commercial model is actually holding?

Attachments

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Speaking of Photoshop, there is no home button in the image. What do you think the commercial model is actually holding?
Models ;)
there are mtiple people in the advert. Time lapse shows hange of location, clothes and also pair of hands. Pod catch on the home button.
Looking at how it rotates perfectly I would imagine it could be green screen on a swivel mount between the legs, or a mock up.

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Perhaps this is another conspiracy. Maybe 9:41 is the time pre-orders will be available from...? :rolleyes:

Scott56R

Mar 14, 2008
Might be wrong here but..

The time is what time Jobs announced the iPad. I remember reading somewhere that the clock app on the iPhone is at 10:15 due to the same reason.

In the same article, it mentioned at the older iMac boxes showed a image of the iMac and the clock shown on the task bar was the version of OS it was shipped with. So, 10:05 = OS X 10.5

Again, I might be wrong and the whole article might have been BS

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Might be wrong here but..

The time is what time Jobs announced the iPad. I remember reading somewhere that the clock app on the iPhone is at 10:15 due to the same reason.

In the same article, it mentioned at the older iMac boxes showed a image of the iMac and the clock shown on the task bar was the version of OS it was shipped with. So, 10:05 = OS X 10.5

Again, I might be wrong and the whole article might have been BS
Good theory but the press conference started at 10 a.m I'm afraid, sorry to be a downer!

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
this must be the most pointless thread....obviously they had to use some timeframe...all the images are generated, they are not real on screen photos... why do you think there is no reflections?
:rolleyes:

kdarling

macrumors P6
Shoot.

Everyone knows that the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, is 6 x 9 = 42. Thus the iPhone had the secret code June 942.

Uh oh.

The iPad is off by one digit.

We're doomed.

Oh well.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

foreignconcepts

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2008
941 is the area code for Sarasota and a good part of southwest Florida down to above the Fort Myers area... irrelevant I'm sure, but who knows. :)

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Clearly it can be decoded thus

9 = the letter "I"
4 = the letter "D"
1 = the letter "A"

Now - who is IDA. Or could it be slang for "Ida know who is going to buy this - but I bet plenty"

Or maybe it's an acronym. I Deserve Apple