Why is everyone complaining?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Burch, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Burch, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

Burch macrumors member

Hi Guys! I'm new to the forum but I'd like to start a topic and also introduce myself! First off, I'm 14 and I love Macs!

Ok, This is what I am wondering. Why is everyone complaining? You have a beautiful Apple product! Your SSD's are not what you want, so, you keep returning it so you get the one you want? The Toshiba vs. Samsung controverse is absolutely pointless because 100 mb/s faster does not matter unless you are trying to run 50 apps at once while exporting and editing everything! You are complaining how there is a gradient on the bottom of the screen or there is a buzzing noise? The gradient can sometimes get annoying but still you should not just nit pick on every flaw! Try to think of the advantages that you have with this computer, and you can get used to the buzzing noise! You complain that the fan is very loud and your device is getting very hot? I know that it is supposed to be silent, but my older computers fans roared, also when you are using your computer you cant expect to have it not get hot at all! You are mad because you only get 4 hours of battery time? My older computers batteries were bad and if I was lucky I would get 1 hour and 30 minutes of life... The point is guys, you need to be happy about what you have and not take it for granted... because I guarantee that someone else would love to have a computer like this even with the flaws! Be happy! :)

2. dacapo macrumors 6502

To be a little meta... why are you complaining about the complaining? :D

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Because its the Internet, and people like to complain about everything.

Welcome to the forum by the way! I like your philosophy. You are wise beyond your years... :cool:

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

People did pay nearly $1500 for their MBA. If my MacBook Air has a bad screen when it comes in, I will be pretty mad!

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If it is BROKEN, yes, I would be mad too.

If its an LG when I think I want a Samsung (or vice versa), that's just... wrong. :apple:

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm not even going to check. I don't want to invent a problem that might not be there. If I see a problem, however, I'm bringing it to Apple.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Another wise man! This thread is full of wisdom!!! :cool:

8. mac jones macrumors 68040

Well kid, you see, we payed for these ourselves.

We go out into the world and dig ditches and kiss butts, and then when we go to buy something using a months salary, if there's ONE LITTLE THING amiss we are going to GO BESERK!!!!

get it? :D

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I actually hang out at the Corvette Forums, and as OCD as Corvette owners can be (myself included), they can't hold a candle to some folks here... :p

10. iphonsteve4ajob macrumors regular

loll! +1 :)

11. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Exactly. I have a new Mid 2011 iMac and read the complaints and saw the polls "Does your iMac have a screen issue?" and I have not even looked for it. I have used my Mac day after day for a month or two and have noticed zero problems. I'm not going to load up some special image and look for some issue that has zero impact on my day to day usage.

Some people need some OCD meds around here. ;)

12. Burch thread starter macrumors member

I agree what your saying, but I paid for mine, too. lol

13. hereyago macrumors member

wait till you get a job and you'll see why people will complain about things that they bought with their hard-earned money.

14. Tenashus1 macrumors 6502

Believe me, I'm not complaining. :)

15. flynz4 macrumors 68040

It is refreshing to see a 14 year old who is more mature than most of the folks on Macrumors. Good job... keep up the positive attitude. Continue to focus only on the things that really matter. You will do well in life.

/Jim

16. urkel, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

urkel macrumors 68030

What work do you do that you can afford what is considered to be "a luxury device"?

Edit: I don't mean to be snotty. Im just saying that Ive been breaking child labor laws since 12yrs old and even when being overpaid to mow lawns or shred paper then I never made enough to actually buy high end gear without the help of daddy.

17. geekygeek macrumors regular

We're paying for a premium product, if you spot a defect why not exchange? If you got light leaks all over your screen wouldn't you be pretty mad?

18. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

People used to not even have candlelight, so if my Mac doesn't boot up, that's fine.

19. meistervu macrumors 65816

You meant "Why did everyone who complained complained?"

Not everyone is complaining.

20. Vantagecb macrumors member

I paid 1,500 dollars for my new macbook. When I get it, I will look it over. If there is a single thing wrong with it, I will return it. Why? Because that is the way it works.

I'm paying quite the fee so I don't have to worry about my battery dying, fans picking up during a meeting, or my hinges creaking. If there is a macbook produced with a faster drive, I want it. Why? Because I'm paying for it.

21. sumone macrumors regular

This is by far one of the dumbest things I have ever read. So, what you are saying to me is that I pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a product and even if it's defected/flawed as long as it works I should just be happy I have it?

22. Hallivand macrumors regular

Hallivand

You try working into the small hours for your end of year exams on a MBP that buzzes like there's no tomorrow. If you payed AU$2000 (high end 2009 13" MBP) for something like that, you yourself would go insane.

I know I am :eek:

23. palpatine macrumors 68040

I am not part of the complaining, because I have not bought an air yet, but I would certainly return it if it did not have the components I wanted.

1. I may want to resell it in the future and that will impact its value.
    2. Also, it is a matter of principle. This is a huge chunk of my yearly income, and if I am going to spend it on a product, I expect to receive the same quality product that the guy behind me in line gets.

In other words, this is a matter of quality control, and I don't believe that consumers should be expected to accept inferior products because Apple cannot provide consistent quality. Apple chose to place inferior components in their products, and consumers have a right to inform themselves and hold the company to the same high standard that it claims for itself.

So far, Apple seems to be accepting the returns, so it isn't a problem (in my opinion). You are welcome to accept the inferior product if you would like. For many people, as you said, it doesn't matter. But, it is your choice to give up your right as a consumer. I don't think you should be asking others to give up theirs.

By the way, welcome to the forums :)

24. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Here on MR, we already know that Macs are so far ahead of the PC pack.

Here's the long answer

Many here like to see Apple continue to beat the competition and because of that longtime precedent, we have come the expect the best from Apple. Nobody can deliver 100% percent, but so far nobody has delivered like Apple and as good as they are, we know from time to time, they surpass our dreams.

It is for that reason that Mac fans, or iPod/iPod/iPhone fans complain at any conceivable "problem". When you are on top like Apple has been with operating systems and industrial design (for decades now), Apple fans will be very critical of everything that comes out of Apple.

Just take a look at the issues of iPhone 4 and how many of us flipped. Or look at the early, and latest incarnation of OS X and the complaints here. Also take into context that we are complaining knowing that we are still far better off with an Apple product than most anything from the PC side.

25. mac jones macrumors 68040

For the millionth time:

People come here (and all forums mostly) to complain. That is, when they are not bragging or insulting others.

Some do come here to spread joy. These, i worry about actually.