Why is iPhone hated so much?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MMAMAN, May 2, 2011.

1. MMAMAN macrumors newbie

I dont understand, the iphone and all its iterations are class products and they keep getting better and better, before it was IOS that sucked, they fixed it, before it was the hardware that sucked, they fixed it, what else is there to hate on? If you go on any youtube video of any Android/WebOS/Symbian/WP7 device, I garantee 100% you will see someone say "Way better then iShit!" And usually those comments have MANY thumbs up, now I wasnt the biggest fan of IOS and iPhone when the 3G was around because of various features, and I still think iTunes is **** but imo IP4 is one of the best phones you can get hands down and the next iterations will only get better, Jealousy? I really dont understand the hate....

Dont get me wrong there is a lot of hate for Android etc and Apple fanboys etc but no one gets hated on like Apple.

Why?

Who knows lol maybe Android will overtake IOS and then it will be the opposite in the future...:D

2. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Why would it be jealousy? Its not like people who own Android phones and WP7 phones cant afford an iPhone.

Its that people want to think they made the right choice and probably truly believe that their device is better than an iPhone. Each platform has its own benefits and merits. Each device has its own benefits and merits. I would hate to go back to a 3.5" screen.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

A combo of people tying a large chunk of their identity into stuff they own, plus the need to feel/proclaim a 'different mentality/individuality' by criticizing popular/mainstream culture...which the iPhone (Apple products in general) is part of.

It all comes down to the illusion; "i'm better than you because i chose to own x/go a different direction"

That said some will argue that it's down to individual taste...one size rarely fits all.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Who cares what other people think. They are probably just looking at specs or something, or genuinely know how to root their 'droid and take advantage of it.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I think there is much more Love for the iPhone ... not much hate at all

6. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

7. moobey macrumors newbie

Because it's popular, it's been around a while, and Apple is so successful. People like to root for the underdogs and hope the giants fall.

8. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

+ 1 billion

9. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

It's hated on because people can't afford them or are just plain ol' ignorant about the iPhone

10. mantan macrumors 68000

I never got the 'can't afford it' argument. The iPhone generally costs the same as most other smartphones out there.

I think a lot of tends to be the smugness that a lot of Apple customers have about how their device is 'magical' and every other device is automatically inferior. Or that people can't afford it? Or that Apple fans are sheep that will put up with a somewhat closed device that is often technically (at least specwise) inferior to other devices on the market.

And yes it's immaturity on both sides. Too many people put WAY too much stock in what phone they carry and how it somehow defines them. I like my iPhone. But it's just an electronic device that works for me. I honestly don't care what other people spend their money on or what works for them. I don't get any special prize if the iPhone is the most popular phone on the planet or universally considered a POS.

11. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

The iPhone is hated? That's news to me.

If immature little kids want to bash a phone because of their own insecurities, then let them do so. They'll realize that one day, they'll have more important things to worry about. And what phone they own will become relatively useless in the big picture.

12. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

My friend loves his Droid and hates the iPhone because you must use Apple iTunes to use it. That you must use their software to use their hardware. He just thinks Apple products are a fad.

13. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Ok here's my question: Is it ok to dislike the iPhone?

I see so much Android hate on this forum it's nauseating. I have an Android phone and don't even DISLIKE iPhones, I love them. Mmmm white iPhone <3

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree, people hate what they cant have or afford....

15. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Same reason as people hate Android/WP7/etc... Some people are idiots and don't understand that not everyone has the same tastes and needs.

"What? You can't use swype on iPhone? How can you live with that?"
    "Android doesn't have iTunes support? That's useless, people have lots of music these days and want to use iTunes"

Peoples needs are different and they change. I used to use all 32GBs on my phone for music, now i only use about 6 GB total, probably gonna get the 16GB next time around.

I text more now so I would like a bigger screen to be able to type more easily.

People simply don't understand that not everyones ideal phone is the same as theirs.

Sorry about the rant

16. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

17. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Please dont put reality and the truth out there in the public sphere like that. youll upset people.

18. MrSEC macrumors regular

Exactly. I have a Droid HTCThunderbolt and really like it,but I also really like the iphone.I quess the one thing I wish iphone had was a pull down notification bar,but I'm sure Apple would have some things I would love about it.First off it looks wonderful and I like it's size. The screen is more responsive and the app are better and with Verizon it makes great calls in my area.

On the other hand you have widgets,better specks,larger screen (which I don't like) It has better gmail push .It's a wash for me except for two things breow:

Do I love the look of the iphone more than I love 4g ? It's hard to say because it want be in my area until 2013,but man the area I was in the other day had it and it was smokin fast.Who knows I may take it back and get the iphone...I still have 13 days to return it.

19. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

20. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

This.

It's the most widely sold smart phone. People don't buy what they hate.

21. GP_1 macrumors regular

Because there not cool enough to have one.. Duh! ;)

22. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Actually for only $199 they are the exact same price as most others in that class.

23. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I hate it because its to damn perfect. It does everything good and notjing bad. That weirds me out

24. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Because the iPhone is the worst phone ever made. :rolleyes:

25. iOS v Android macrumors member

I guess you can call me an android fanboy. And i do not hate the iPhone why should I?
    The iPhone has never stole money from me. It has never cheated on me. It has never said something incredibly bigoted to me. Its a phone what can you hate about it. If you don't like it and you have it then you are a moron.

I do like apple a company. I just love google and I hope to one day get a job with one of the three great tech companies.